News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Consider this

Started by Looper, October 10, 2017, 09:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looper

Meiun this is directed completely at you, basically my question is this, would you ever think of releasing the stick online v2 client decompiled with the server? I feel at this point since the game has been dead for many years now, this should be a lot easier for you to seriously think aboutc compared to the old days. There are many game maker fluent people in this community and I'm sure there's a good amount of people who you've come to trust within the community, why not pass the torch to them? Instead of let this game die, which was a one of a kind game, that was played by hundreds of people in its hay day, pass it on to a trusted member of the community with the decompiled client and the server. I'm not talking about v3 but just solely v2. If you could think of doing this then it could open a lot more possibilities for the community, you can have sov3 but why not pass on sov2 for someone else to develop and carry on. If sov2 were to come back up and have semi regular updates and events I'm sure the community would come back over time. Just consider this, if you ever read this for that matter. If you do read this maybe give me some of your feedback from this suggestion. :)

Forgeio

I second this, I would love to learn from or possibly revive this game with some of my Game Maker knowledge :)

WereWaffle

If people really wanted to revive the game I wouldn't recommend using the old source code. It's many years old and it was made with GameMaker 7. When I last saw it (I decompiled an older version of V2 before the executable was encrypted) the codebase was a huge mess as well. V2 is a very simple game and it wouldn't be that hard of a task to rewrite it. I just don't think anyone out there is willing to do it.

krele

Quote from: WereWaffle on October 29, 2017, 12:03:02 PM
If people really wanted to revive the game I wouldn't recommend using the old source code. It's many years old and it was made with GameMaker 7. When I last saw it (I decompiled an older version of V2 before the executable was encrypted) the codebase was a huge mess as well. V2 is a very simple game and it wouldn't be that hard of a task to rewrite it. I just don't think anyone out there is willing to do it.
This is largely because geargod's decompiler wouldn't include line-breaks. This can be remedied with the lateral GM decompiler, as long as there's an older exe available. Why would anyone rewrite the whole game when there's a perfectly viable source code running around?

WereWaffle

Well if anyone's looking to expand the source code it would be pretty difficult considering it's someone else's code. One of the things that I typically see happening when people try to expand on unfamiliar code bases is lots of duplicated and unnecessary code (because they don't know that a particular function exists in the engine already, for example). And, correct me if I'm wrong, it's running on GameMaker 7 which is now over a decade old. I honestly think that going through the trouble of learning the entire code base and working with an incredibly outdated engine would be worse than rewriting the game and making it better and more expandable using modern tools. V2 is incredibly simple and I think it would take a month at most to rewrite it, especially when all the content is there.

NotoriousM4^

Why the fūck are you guys still waiting for this man’s permission to recreate this tired-ass game? Meiun doesn’t give a fūck about this community and it’s amazing how naive some of you are about it. Go forth, create and network: The resources are all around you, you’re only stopping yourselves.

How many years will it take to realize this “GM” got his jollies off stringing along a nostalgia-based-turned-cultlike following. Meiun was and always has been a troll from day 1. Wake up.

I know there are still some great minds left on this forum.. I hope you move on and grow up.. don’t wait around for someone to do something for you, that you can do yourself—and better.

TANK

this is all ur fault you !@#$ing big lipped nappy headed little nig. if you had just kept your big dumb black mouth shut like a proper *@#$%! should meiun wouldnt have felt pressure into making so3 and it would have been a more relaxe d creative environment. do you think your little skeleton pic is good, did you draw that yourself or something and you think thats good...how cute..how disgusting...listen im coming for you,  and even death itself wont stop me repaying what you have taken from me. you better lace those nikeys  up and tie them real good ,no more just stuffing them into the bottom of the soles likE A *@#$%! because when i find you your gonna need to !@#$ing run with full *@#$%! speed

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: TANK on November 14, 2017, 01:35:01 PM
this is all ur fault you !@#$ing big lipped nappy headed little nig. if you had just kept your big dumb black mouth shut like a proper *@#$%! should meiun wouldnt have felt pressure into making so3 and it would have been a more relaxe d creative environment. do you think your little skeleton pic is good, did you draw that yourself or something and you think thats good...how cute..how disgusting...listen im coming for you,  and even death itself wont stop me repaying what you have taken from me. you better lace those nikeys  up and tie them real good ,no more just stuffing them into the bottom of the soles likE A *@#$%! because when i find you your gonna need to !@#$ing run with full *@#$%! speed
You are both a bigot and a coward, devoid of any form of class or decency, I rebuke you.

Fisuman

Quote from: TANK on November 14, 2017, 01:35:01 PM

Never mind, not getting involved.

Meiun

If people want to make their own online Stick game they are welcome. I ask that you not call it "Stick Online" or use any assets from Stick Online. There are also no line breaks because I wrote a program to remove them and other stuff in a very old attempt to keep you guys from doing exactly what you have been doing.

nope

Quote from: Meiun on December 11, 2017, 10:19:28 AM
If people want to make their own online Stick game they are welcome. I ask that you not call it "Stick Online" or use any assets from Stick Online. There are also no line breaks because I wrote a program to remove them and other stuff in a very old attempt to keep you guys from doing exactly what you have been doing.
I'll make my own online Stick game! With blackjack! And hookers!

Looper

Wow I didn't think you would actually reply lol. As for everyone else don't make this something to fight over, we can all agree stick online was fun af that's why we all played it and that's why we still check here lol. Why not just give the sov2 server and client for someone to continue to develop and or run, if you are no longer developing this game might as well pass on for others to enjoy. Anyway think about it. I wouldn't mind playing again and even furthering the current game if Meiun would allow such a thing to happen.

Edit: And if you don't think that there's still a community or a willing amount of people left, go look at the "where are you now in life" thread in off topic forum, people are still out there lol.

Crêpe

nope

Quote from: Looper on December 26, 2017, 08:35:35 PM
Edit: And if you don't think that there's still a community or a willing amount of people left, go look at the "where are you now in life" thread in off topic forum, people are still out there lol.

He made it quite clear that 'being unsure about whether people will carry on the torch' is unrelated, he doesn't want to share his creation for obvious reasons and I don't blame him.
...in a very old attempt to keep you guys from doing exactly what you have been doing.
lol

Quote from: nope on December 16, 2017, 09:26:20 PM
I'll make my own online Stick game! With blackjack! And hookers!
Online Stick Game 2 is underway.