News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Offline unofficial fan game

Started by ARTgames, December 31, 2012, 04:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Stick Offline is an unofficial fan made game based off Stick Online. It's a two player only game for PVP battles. It offers a lagless experience and lets your experiment with hats, weapons, and stats.

As of now the game only offers 3 hats, 3 weapons, and 3 maps. But that will grow. I will add more maps, game modes, weps/hats, etc., and will even have mod support. I would like to add more things that you can't do on stick online and some just for fun game mods and items. I hope this game will keep a little bit of SO2 alive when SO3 comes out.

The stat system in the game is somewhat based on Stick Online's. But the formulas themselves are not the same (I assume) and still need more balancing. Same with the items in the game. If you have any suggestions of what you think would work better, let me know.

Stick Offline trailer:
http://youtu.be/n6v3ceCtp7E

Downloads:
http://host-a.net/u/artgames/StickOffline.7z
or if that link is down use this
http://www.mediafire.com/?wl9whzg7e1w738z

Size: ~2mb compressed

System requirements:
If you can run stick online you can run this.

Guide:
Default key settings
Player 1:
Left: A
Right: D
Up: W
Down/Duck: S
Back/Attack: F
Select/Jump: Space
Sit: Q

Player 2:
Left: Left arrow
Right: Right arrow
Up: Up arrow
Down/Duck: Down arrow
Back/Attack: Number pad 5
Select/Jump: Number pad 4
Sit: Number pad 1

Player 1 and 2:
Start: Enter
Select: Backspace

The game has gamepad support. Its already set up to work with the Xbox 360 controller but you can rebind the buttons If needed.

360 controller:
Dpad and Left analog stick move player.
Back/Attack: B
Select/Jump: A
Sit: X
Select: Back
Start: Start

Main menu help:
Press sit button to set and see key bindings. Press left or right to change your options (hats, weapons, etc). Press the ?jump/enter? button to go to next page. On the stats select page you can remove and add stat points with left and right, and select which stat you're changing with up or down. Each stat has a max value of 20 and a min of 1. Map select screen works the same as past option screens.

Pressing F4 will toggle full screen mode. And pressing F9 will take screen shots.  Pressing escape anywhere in game will end the game. Pressing select while in this help pause screen on the main menu saves your key settings and screen mode (full screen settings) to a file and will be loaded on game start if settings file is found.

Key binding page help:
When on key bindings page use up or down to move the arrow. Tap the ?jump/enter? button to select the key you wish to set. The box will brighten up and the next key you press will become the set key. The setting does not come active until you exit the menu by pressing the ?attack/back? button.

Other
Press select to return back to main menu or press start to go back to the game. You can access help by pressing start on the main menu.
Screenshots and settings save to C:\Users\<account user name>\AppData\Local\StickOffline
Game runs at 60 fps and is 16:9 at 1/2 the resolution of 1080p to maximize screen compatibility and to fill up all the space on 16:9 screens.

Credits:
Stick Offline is an unofficial fan made game based off Stick Online. Graphics and game ideas are from Stick Online. Credit to Meiun and the Stick Online team.

Programing / Design: ARTgames
Design / Testing: LoneProvo, Turkey
Sound effects are made with: http://www.drpetter.se/project_sfxr.html

In game cheat. type "happynewyear" anywhere in game.

ARTgames

I plan on adding a few new weapons and hats by the end of this week. Any suggestions to what those should be are welcome. Even fan made ones made for stick online.

CherryPie

Really nice & quality work. You totally have my respect for putting so much effort in a fan project.

What development environment / framework did you use? Are you planning to open source this to help others learning game development?

ARTgames

Quote from: CherryPie on January 02, 2013, 06:57:59 PMReally nice & quality work. You totally have my respect for putting so much effort in a fan project.
thanks ^^

Quote from: CherryPie on January 02, 2013, 06:57:59 PMWhat development environment / framework did you use?
It was made in Game maker 8 than I moved the project into game maker studios.

Quote from: CherryPie on January 02, 2013, 06:57:59 PMAre you planning to open source this to help others learning game development?
Yes but without the graphics because I do not own any of them.

Snakeman

This looks neato, although I'm kinda bummed out by the lack of non-local multiplayer. There's certainly a lot of opportunities to get a second player online (e.g. through here of course!) but, in my case, there's next to nobody that would care to sit down and play a few rounds of this with me.

Granted, I don't want to be throwing out the idea of online play unless Meiun has expressed that he doesn't mind if such a thing happened. I wouldn't want to be suggesting that people stop playing the classic SO to play a fangame instead!

Celson

Very cool. I like that you can choose the stats pre-battle. 20 str + DH + WH is crazy powerful knockback. Even if the opponent has DKH and 20 vitality, it's hard to stay on the platforms when hit.

Does vitality and intelligence follow the same sort of formulas as Stick Online? I mean am I better off going with an INT that's a multiple of 6 or does it not matter?

ARTgames

Quote from: Celson on January 03, 2013, 11:33:35 AM
Does vitality and intelligence follow the same sort of formulas as Stick Online? I mean am I better off going with an INT that's a multiple of 6 or does it not matter?
They are not the same as so. So any int you add does help. They are all linear formulas. Also healing time is constant between all stats. So this just increases how much you get each time you heal. This is to make the game more fast paced. Or at least that was my goal.