News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sly 3 4 me

Very nice to see some screenshots alongside some nice server and game play aspects of the game. Which part will utilize XNA Framework if you don't mind me asking? I remember Mystery noting his graphics card is unable to render the models for it, hope he'll be able to play if it's not a large component of it.

HeroicHero

Looks f***ing amazing! That is all.

Will SOv3 be a seamless world like in 2? Or will there be door and portals?

ARTgames

SO3, the game SO2 was supposed to be. :P Only kidding.

Quote-Efficient game client which runs at a smooth 60fps (currently only uses around 1-2% of my cpu on my machine).
What is your own machine. Also vsync for 60hz monitors I assume?

And if you can say will there be moving platforms? Also age of screenshots to current project?

EpicPhailure

Quote from: HeroicHero on June 29, 2011, 02:52:41 PM

"-Highly scalable game world, supporting near limitless independent "levels/zones" (as opposed to seamless world), indoors locations, and more. This will allow for an immensely more complex and exciting world design."

Meiun

Quote from: HeroicHero on June 29, 2011, 02:52:41 PM

Look to EpicPhalures post right above this one. It will not be seamless, but for a number of good reasons really. Although, each of these individual areas can potentially be quite large, so it is sort of the best of both worlds.

Quote from: ARTgames on June 29, 2011, 02:55:55 PM
SO3, the game SO2 was supposed to be. :P Only kidding.

Quote-Efficient game client which runs at a smooth 60fps (currently only uses around 1-2% of my cpu on my machine).
What is your own machine. Also vsync for 60hz monitors I assume?

And if you can say will there be moving platforms? Also age of screenshots to current project?
Haven't done anything with moving platforms at this point, but it's a possibility that I've considered. My machine is currently a laptop with an Intel i7 Q720 processor (4 physical cores at 1.6Ghz, hyperthreaded into 8 virtual cores). But that is somewhat irrelevant really, as I've had people with far weaker processors (such as some fairly generic/mid-range core 2 duo's and even some old pentium 4 based CPU's) report just as low CPU usage. As an example, I can easily crank the frames per second up to a solid 500 (even thought that is totally impracticable as the human eye can't really recognize beyond about 60) and that number only goes up to about 6% cpu usage for me. As for the vsynch to a 60hz monitor, by default yes, but I've got a custom setup that is a bit more complex than just that for that for how the game runs and redraws itself.

crozier

This is really good to hear. Super job so far Meiun, Venuse, and Delicious; because all three of you guys are great at what you do.

Should we expect to see any returning features from V2?

RainbowDash

This being in C# with XNA and all I can assume Windows only for this game? Disregarding Xbox or Windows phone tools for XNA.

Freeforall

This looks truly amazing, I am glad I was patient with it.
But, one question. Will my laptop run this?

AMD Sempron M120 Processor
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AMD M880G w/ ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Graphics
1.4GB Video Memory

I think that's all I have to list? :o

T-Rok

Quote from: Freeforall on June 29, 2011, 03:20:55 PM

4 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
1.4GB Video Memory

If you can run Stick Online, I'm sure you will be able to run this. Game Maker is a memory whore because it's merely a very advanced engine to design in. This is built from scratch and has no excess weight to load down your system.

Meiun

Quote from: crozier on June 29, 2011, 03:17:00 PM
This is really good to hear. Super job so far Meiun, Venuse, and Delicious; because all three of you guys are great at what you do.

Should we expect to see any returning features from V2?

I'm not really sure what kind of features you'd be refering to. It's an entirely new game, totally from the ground up (like I stated earlier). But a lot of the fundamental/general concepts are the same as V2. Gameplay should be somewhat familiar, but certainly expanded, improved, and full of other new features and changes. There will still be a variety of weapons, hats, leveling, monsters, pvp, and all that stuff (among other things).

Quote from: RainbowDash on June 29, 2011, 03:20:07 PM
This being in C# with XNA and all I can assume Windows only for this game? Disregarding Xbox or Windows phone tools for XNA.
At least for the time being, yes.

4 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
1.4GB Video Memory

I'm not sure your serious in asking that haha, but yes, your computer should run it with ease.

stick d00d

Quote from: Meiun on June 29, 2011, 02:26:17 PM
Quote from: stick d00d on June 29, 2011, 02:19:45 PM
Wow this looks great! Can't wait to see how smooth it runs, if only we could have a video preview?  ;) One question I have at the time is; will it run well on a Netbook? because that's all I have at the moment.

The helmet and sword sprites at the top look great! Good luck with everything.
Maybe later on for the video preview :P Runs fine on my netbook, and although mine is a modern one, it's certainly not anything too fancy. So in short, yes.

Quote from: Celson on June 29, 2011, 02:21:17 PM
Any plans of implementing a trading system? It would really help solve one of the biggest problems of SOV2.
Yes. This is something I plan on at least having a basic system for from launch.

Mine is a Gateway with Intel Atom and 1 GB RAM, about 6-7 months old... Was just wondering because Terraria runs pretty laggy for me.

Provo

Will there be any Beta testing type things for donors?

Freeforall

4 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
1.4GB Video Memory

-----
I'm not sure your serious in asking that haha, but yes, your computer should run it with ease.

Lol yeah, I was serious. I don't really know if my laptop is all that great or not.

Lucifer

RainbowDash

Wow! looking at the activity of this topic it looks like a FAQ is going to be needed soon.

QuoteSQL based account system
Does that open up the possibility that we will be seeing outside game content about are accounts on the web? Like your Wanderlust image in your signature for example?

QuoteAn eventful and exciting game world
By eventful do you mean it in the context of how events are in stick online 2? Monster spawn parties or holiday themed maps? Or both/something else?