News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Why I might not play Stick Online 3

Started by crozier, May 27, 2015, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God-I-Suck

Just as the others have said, I still lurk on these forums in the shadows lol. It's in my bookmarks and I check it every time I hop on my computer. I would say it has become an OCD habit when it comes to opening up Firefox haha. Also still very eager for the release of Stick Online 3 to this day! This game is very special to me and I never intend to forget about it!

Titan

As many others have said quite a few of us still keep in touch and frequently play other games together. In my case personally though it took me like 200 years to even hit 99 in game because I would usually just hang out and talk with people or run around and see who was on. So I could totally see hoping in to some old community clubhouse to chat and playing for a bit occasionally, but probably not all that seriously. It is nice to see so many people still checking the forums/around.
Livin' in a lonely world.

ASD!

I check SO about twice a day just to see what's cracking and the day v3 comes out is going to a momentous occasion and all of the old heads will return. Should be dope.

Lucifer

​This thread has got me feeling all warm and giddy, =). It makes me so happy to see that all of you are still around, and to know that I'm not alone when I get get home after a long day, hop on my computer and automatically check these forums without even thinking about it. Stick Online was my teenage years, it was the glue that held together so much of my life at the time. I can't describe how amazing it felt to log in each day and be greeted by everyone, to know every player and have them know me. I want to help provide that sense of community and belonging to the younger generation that V3 will inevitably attract. I don't know if it will ever be released, and I don't know if there will still be a market for this kind of game when it does, but I'll be around regardless.

Scotty

Well if everyone's having a family reunion optimistic circle-jerk, I'll gladly (as un-welcomed as it is) Jack Nicholson my way through the door with an axe while screaming "Here's Johnny!"

I recall many years ago coming up with some crazy idea on these forums to try and organize a massive set of clan wars among the players, where each week included an objective for clans to fight over, accompanied by a Risk (board game for those unaware) style graphic board game to guide the longstanding war.  I'm pretty sure I was going to use the arena to determine the outcomes, but I'm certain Meun will come up with something more creative in the next game.  My offer still stands.  If Meiun finishes the game, I'll create a war in Stick Online unlike what you've ever seen, plus I'll commission Chaos (whether he likes it or not) to come up with some sort of Meiun-approved prize for the winning clan.

Chaos

Quote from: Scotty on June 05, 2015, 01:50:56 AM
plus I'll commission Chaos (whether he likes it or not) to come up with some sort of Meiun-approved prize for the winning clan.

It might bear reminding that I'm neither game designer nor graphic artist for SOv3.  I'm only offering to make (and remake) the crowns for the Chaos Tournament because it's the Chaos Tournament.  If you're looking to create some sort of event (and a prize to go with it), look to Meiun and whoever else is in charge of game and graphic design these days.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Forum

I will prob play til max level, and quit  >:(
Officially quitted

KeithElam

So SO2 is dead then? :( and yeah it would be great to hear from the developers if there even is plans for the game release anymore. I know it was on hold for a while.

Titan

Quote from: KeithElam on June 05, 2015, 06:58:46 PM
So SO2 is dead then? :( and yeah it would be great to hear from the developers if there even is plans for the game release anymore. I know it was on hold for a while.

Dead in the sense that very few people are active in game.

As far as most of us know the game is on hold in the sense that Meuin has a life/job/other responsibilities that come first, meaning while some progress is occasionally made the game is not currently being worked on full time. This means its hard to give even a remote/far off time table for release.

Livin' in a lonely world.

Loksmith

The one and only

scsox

I'd probably come back and play a bit when S.O. 3 is released. Most of my time is devoted to my studies right now but I still check in on the forums every few weeks just to see if anything new has been happening. Nice to see lots of the old guys that I started playing this game with back in elementary school; 3rd grade I think? Crazy to think I started playing this game so long ago.

Matty_Richo

*Checks post history* hmm, last post was in December...

I still check the forums most days, but the game has definitely stopped being fun for me. I started playing in like 2005 and I would have been... gosh... 11 years old. After a couple of years though, SO stopped being about the game and much more being about the community. Hell, I'm pretty sure I never even got my V2 account to level 99 before the servers went down as I spent the majority of my time chatting to people and starting fights. I remember my days in the Yoshi Clan where a few of us tried to make 'Yoshi Online' but none of us had any programming ability. Then moving onto other clans (I don't even remember which ones I was in). I could spend hours listing off all the friends I've made through SO, heck I think I even still have some of you on Skype.

Unfortunately real life got in the way. Uni and work (even a couple of girlfriends along the way) started to take up most of my time. And one of the downsides of living in Australia in a game populated mostly by Europe and America has made it difficult to keep in contact with all you guys (though you're all more than welcome to hit me up on Skype or shoot me a message any time).

This community means a hell of a lot to me though, I remember long nights sitting on SO chatting to people about all sorts of things, Scotty's support and advice when a friend of mine was struggling with the idea of suicide, long discussions about religion and politics, the constant respect I feel you guys have given me, just talking about video games and other things. It's all contributed to my life and (cue corny Oscar-bait music) it's become part of who I am, I've learnt so much from you guys and I like to think I've contributed into your lives in some way too.

I can't speak on behalf of everyone but I know that when V3 comes out I will MAKE time for it and the community and I reckon that a lot of the older guys will too!

Thanks for this post croz.

Delicious

Decided to drop by these forums too, and it's pretty convenient that there's this thread cause I've been meaning to say I hope this community stays intact. I check here once in a while to see how developments goin. Plus, the SO community is my favorite!

If any of you guys wanna keep contact, add me up on Skype, my user is Zackjjames to those I don't have already!
<3

Twinky

I think the most depressing part is realizing how much life has changed since this game was active. It's like everyone has lives now.. Responsibly.. Jobs.. and I bet one or two of yall probably have some bastard love-children running around.

Of course I'll play the new game when it comes around, albeit not nearly as often as I played SO2, but I think that'll go for all of us. I don't think there's a reason to say you won't play the game, it won't hurt ya. But I don't think I'll ever experience the same community feel that I felt during the hay day of SO2 since I hadn't felt it before, nor have I felt it since. But I suppose that's just how life goes. I'll see yall there.

Edit: after posting this, I've realized I've posted 52 times on here over 6 years.. sad. I miss forum posting. There's so much going on in this head I just need to let it out lol.