News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Tenth Semi-Official Stick Online League Tournament

Started by buffi, April 22, 2014, 12:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tourny Type

2v2 Team Blood Bath
6 (66.7%)
Standard Tournament
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

buffi

Tenth Semi-Official Stick Online League Tournament

Sunday, April 27th 6:00PM GMT+0
(7PM Eastern Standard Time)

Registration closes Friday, April 25th, 11:00PM GMT+0
Polls close Friday, April 25th, 11:00PM GMT+0

What are Semi-Official Stick Online League Tournaments?
These League Tournaments will be ran regularly - every two weeks ideally - and will incorporate a ranking system for players to monitor their progress through the standings as well as assist in seeding players accordingly as the tournaments progress. In order to relieve the stress on any one person the host of these tournaments may regularly change, it will up to each host to decide in which way their tournament shall be fought. This should keep things interesting & provide an important amount of variety such that every faucet of skill in PvP can be explored.

If you would like to be the host one of these tournaments feel free to contact MattyRicho & he can work out a date with you.

Due to the popularity of the commentary during Danimal's Official Tournament, we will continue to broadcast & record these tournaments on Twitch.tv with live casting - please feel free to join us on Scotty's Teamspeak server at scottymiller.net, the more the merrier! Send MattyRicho a Private Message if you'd like any help setting up Teamspeak.

What is happening in this tournament?

A:
Team battles with two people per team. All four people will be battling at the same time. You will get to choose your partner. If one person in a team does not show up, the remaining person on the team will be able to choose someone to fill in. Ranking in the bracketing will be done by averaging the player's ranking points for each team.

B:
Due to the late notice, it may be hard for enough people to find suitable partners. If people would prefer it, or if we do not get enough people for a solid tournament of teams, we can make this a standard tournament (i.e. same rules as Danimal's official tournaments).

Tournament Host: Buffi
Commentator(s): Anyone willing to hop on Teamspeak! (scottymiller.net)

Date: April 27th, 2014
Time: 6PM (GMT+0)
Required Level: Any

Prizes:

First place: 6 Deluxe Gift boxes OR 6 regular Spawns
Second Place: 3 Deluxe Gift Boxes OR 3 regular spawns
(Third place will be decided via a fight between the two semi-final losers, for the sake of ranking points)
*The deluxe gift boxes can be opened on any account of your choosing. Please inform the tournament host which account you would like to receive them on.
You will also get ranking points no matter where you place.

Participants:
To join this tournament, simply post your account name and predicted level.

• KrazyMotha- 99
  • ToxicDuck- 100
  • MacBeast- 100
  • CAT- 100
  • Fisuman- 100
  • TommyWiseau
  • [slyer]

Note:
I can be flexible on the time. I figured 11:00 GMT is fairly standard, and seems to work for most people. If you want to request a different time, feel free to pm me or post here, and we'll see what we can do.

Jmac

I'm out of town this whole week (spring break for me) , but I will attempt to use the hotel computer to make the tourney. For now, I suppose you can sign me up, no promises I'll make it though.

MacBeast - 100

Fisuman

I'd appreciate it if the tourney started at 10PM Gmt+0, would make my life easier :P (12pm here then)
But I am likely to join.
Fisuman - 100

Matty_Richo

I should be able to make it by the looks of things so sign me up.
Tommy Wiseau - 99

slyer

buffi

I'm closing the polls and registration now. Teams won the voting, but we only have 7 people signed up... so we could make a (small) tourny out of 4 teams, if either one last person wants to join, or I can step in. Guess we can see who shows up, and I'll let the participants decide. However, if it's going to be team battles, there needs to be teams... and you were supposed to choose your teams... so I can either randomize it if that's preferred, or you people will have to choose who you want to be with.

Danimal

I'll step in/moderate if need be we'll see how it goes.

Matty_Richo

Quote from: buffi on April 26, 2014, 05:18:14 AM
I'm closing the polls and registration now. Teams won the voting, but we only have 7 people signed up... so we could make a (small) tourny out of 4 teams, if either one last person wants to join, or I can step in. Guess we can see who shows up, and I'll let the participants decide. However, if it's going to be team battles, there needs to be teams... and you were supposed to choose your teams... so I can either randomize it if that's preferred, or you people will have to choose who you want to be with.

I would suggest randomizing teams if that's the case, most people are level 99 or 100 so it should stay fairly fair.

Dragx_Rage

If I am home and you still need people I can step in :)

buffi

Quote from: Dragx_Rage on April 26, 2014, 01:45:36 PM
If I am home and you still need people I can step in :)
Are you planning on being home? If so you'd be the eighth person, so that'd work well (assuming jmac can make it). And would anyone be against making it an hour earlier (10 gmt) for fisu?

buffi

Here is the link to the bracketing. It will be updated real time so you can follow it there. Krazy's partner will be updated with either Osh or somebody else who can fill in.

KrazyMotha

Well I could take both Cat and Tommy ;) but actually I can't make it :( family stuff going on! Good luck guys