News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotoriousM4^

Mystery

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on June 29, 2011, 03:56:39 PM
No dynamic weather?
I'm sure they'll get around to polished details like that later.

My mind has been blown.  :D Thank you very much for being so gracious as to give us not a tiny sneak peek, but a very large one. I am quite psyched for v3 now(more so than before). For a game still being highly developed, it already looks better than v2.

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on June 29, 2011, 02:48:33 PM
Very nice to see some screenshots alongside some nice server and game play aspects of the game. Which part will utilize XNA Framework if you don't mind me asking? I remember Mystery noting his graphics card is unable to render the models for it, hope he'll be able to play if it's not a large component of it.
I should be getting a new, better graphics card soon.

Quote from: RainbowDash on June 29, 2011, 03:49:31 PM
Wow! looking at the activity of this topic it looks like a FAQ is going to be needed soon.

QuoteSQL based account system
Does that open up the possibility that we will be seeing outside game content about are accounts on the web? Like your Wanderlust image in your signature for example?
I don't doubt there will be at least some outside game-connected content.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Dipz

i.. i... jus.. oh ~ my ~ cawkz  i will DEFINITLY get naked for you meiun jjus saying. pm if you want me to im serious. great gawd jjob meiun an all who helped definitly.

Freeforall

Will we be able to change video resolution? I want to play in HQ :)

sayers6

OMFG. I was looking in the oldest posts on the forum the other day, and the oldest one i think was the 29th of June.....and I was like...I wonder if it will happen then...sure enough YAY *JIZZES IN PAnTS*

Jmac

Quote from: Dipz on June 29, 2011, 05:00:12 PM
i.. i... jus.. oh ~ my ~ cawkz  i will DEFINITLY get naked for you meiun jjus saying. pm if you want me to im serious. great gawd jjob meiun an all who helped definitly.
>_< I'm pretty sure Meiun's gonna pass on that offer Dipz.  :P

Freeforall

Quote from: Jmacrules on June 29, 2011, 05:06:10 PM
Quote from: Dipz on June 29, 2011, 05:00:12 PM
>_< I'm pretty sure Meiun's gonna pass on that offer Dipz.  :P
You never know :O

Mystery

Also, the graphical design is incredible. A very big congratulations to venuse, it's fantastic. Good work, I can't wait to see more!  ;D  Hopefully Delicious will get to do a good amount too, I love his spriting.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Meiun

Quote from: stick d00d on June 29, 2011, 03:29:46 PM
Quote from: Meiun on June 29, 2011, 02:26:17 PM
Quote from: stick d00d on June 29, 2011, 02:19:45 PM
Wow this looks great! Can't wait to see how smooth it runs, if only we could have a video preview?  ;) One question I have at the time is; will it run well on a Netbook? because that's all I have at the moment.

The helmet and sword sprites at the top look great! Good luck with everything.
Maybe later on for the video preview :P Runs fine on my netbook, and although mine is a modern one, it's certainly not anything too fancy. So in short, yes.

Quote from: Celson on June 29, 2011, 02:21:17 PM
Any plans of implementing a trading system? It would really help solve one of the biggest problems of SOV2.
Yes. This is something I plan on at least having a basic system for from launch.

Mine is a Gateway with Intel Atom and 1 GB RAM, about 6-7 months old... Was just wondering because Terraria runs pretty laggy for me.
My netbook is an Asus Eee PC sporting similar specs to yours by the sounds. It has an Intel Atom (1.6Ghz) processor, and started off with 1GB of ram like yours (but has since been upgraded to 2GB). It runs it at full speed with no issue.

Quote from: Provo on June 29, 2011, 03:30:33 PM
Will there be any Beta testing type things for donors?
I haven't really fully decided on the details yet, but I certainly would like to do something for the current donors if possible. But I can't promise anything quite yet.

Quote from: RainbowDash on June 29, 2011, 03:49:31 PM
Wow! looking at the activity of this topic it looks like a FAQ is going to be needed soon.

QuoteSQL based account system
Does that open up the possibility that we will be seeing outside game content about are accounts on the web? Like your Wanderlust image in your signature for example?

QuoteAn eventful and exciting game world
By eventful do you mean it in the context of how events are in stick online 2? Monster spawn parties or holiday themed maps? Or both/something else?
It certainly will have the possibility for stuff like dynamic signature images, as well as all sorts of other player content being utilized outside the game. But these sorts of things are not really a priority for me just yet, as it is much more important to me to get the game itself far enough along before I start focusing too much on stuff like that. As for the event stuff, all of the above really. I plan on having GM driven ones like in V2 (more variety as well though), as well as some more elaborate, scripted, or goal oriented based ones, and even some automated ones that could happen without the need of a GM present. As for how much of these sorts of event features will be available right off the bat, I can't quite say yet.

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on June 29, 2011, 03:56:39 PM
No dynamic weather?
Not really a focus of mine right now. It's possible I do something like this at some point, but to me, dynamic weather doesn't really offer enough towards the overall experience to be too high on my priority list just yet. Like I've said before, there is still a lot of things that need doing.

Quote from: Freeforall on June 29, 2011, 05:01:04 PM
Will we be able to change video resolution? I want to play in HQ :)
The resolution you see it at now isn't necessarily going to be the final/default one (although it certainly isn't going to be any lower). I may allow for custom resolutions, but odds are that it would be limited to scaling it up in some way or another (including fullscreen options and such). Otherwise, people with big screens would be able to see more of the world at once, and therefore get a bit of an unfair advantage. Not really sure yet, can't promise anything on this one for certain. Higher resolution in most 2D sprite based games wouldn't really offer more quality though, but rather being able to see more at once like I said, or stretching what there is out across a bigger screen region.

Freeforall

I looked into my laptop and it says it's 2.10 GHz. Is that any good? I want to be able to play with full graphics :s

sayers6

Quote from: Meiun on June 29, 2011, 05:17:49 PM

It certainly will have the possibility for stuff like dynamic signature images, as well as all sorts of other player content being utilized outside the game. But these sorts of things are not really a priority for me just yet, as it is much more important to me to get the game itself far enough along before I start focusing too much on stuff like that. As for the event stuff, all of the above really. I plan on having GM driven ones like in V2 (more variety as well though), as well as some more elaborate, scripted, or goal oriented based ones, and even some automated ones that could happen without the need of a GM present. As for how much of these sorts of event features will be available right off the bat, I can't quite say yet.

Hey that's what my suggestion was about :3 you prolly had it before me though, I just still figured I'd suggest it. I'm glad this will be worked on. Also how many monsters are going to be around at the start up do you think, or just a general idea? and is it staying with the same type of stat system, albeit tweeked or with added stats?

RainbowDash

Quote from: MeiunI plan on having GM driven ones like in V2 (more variety as well though), as well as some more elaborate, scripted, or goal oriented based ones, and even some automated ones that could happen without the need of a GM present. As for how much of these sorts of event features will be available right off the bat, I can't quite say yet.
That sounds great! Really want to play now!

Ceroblitz

Quote from: Meiun on June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM
The main one would be an additional artist (with a primary focus on monsters and animations) in the near future.

Hi!

This sneak peak definitely shows great progress, but as you say, nearly everything is subject to change. Hearing news of this really brings more of a revival, and shows that people can still look forward to the game. I can't wait to see what happens next, not to mention currently having a much smaller team at the time.

Freeforall

Quote from: Ceroblitz on June 29, 2011, 05:30:08 PM
Quote from: Meiun on June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM
The main one would be an additional artist (with a primary focus on monsters and animations) in the near future.

Hi!

This sneak peak definitely shows great progress, but as you say, nearly everything is subject to change. Hearing news of this really brings more of a revival, and shows that people can still look forward to the game. I can't wait to see what happens next, not to mention currently having a much smaller team at the time.
Ceroblitz, you should totally do some artwork for the game. I really like your sprites.

God-I-Suck