News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tehrozzy

Minecraft is made by Markus Persson, an indie games developer. It consists of a large world made of cube blocks.
There are currently two game modes
Minecraft Alpha (called so for it is Minecraft Survival in Alpha stages)
and Creative mode
Creative Mode is completely free
Survival Mode is 10euros(while in alpha), 15euros(while in beta) and 20euros once its complete
These are oneoff payments, if you buy it in alpha you wont have to pay extra once it goes to beta and so on.
In creative mode you have unlimited blocks and can build and destroy anything.
In Survival Mode you have to get your resources by mining, digging and chopping down trees. Different blocks take longer to destroy depending on what they are and what tools you are using. Survival (alpha) has crafting, where you use resources to make tools, weapons, armour or other resources. Survival also features Mobs, AI controlled bots. There are chickens (drop feathers when killed, occasionally lay eggs), Pigs (pork when killed), Sheep (can be sheared for wool) and cows (leather when killed, can be milked.)
There are also Enemy Mobs, Consisting of your average zombie, Giant Spiders, then also Archer Skeletons and Creepers (4 Legged Walking Bombs).

Here, have a video of some sheep and a pig enjoying a minecart rollercoaster:
Minecart Madness!

EpicPhailure

I was wondering when someone would post this, with the recent publicity it's been getting.

Anyway, just for anyone who's interested in dishing out that 12-13 dollars or so, Beta comes when Notch AKA Marcus Persson gets mobs fully working in Survival Multiplayer.

Yes, there is Survival Multiplayer. It's buggy, but it's really fun nonetheless.

sly 3 4 me

I was playing it offline and it was pretty fun. I also was watching my friend play and it's really cool how it you can do different things in the game.

tehrozzy

Quote from: EpicPhailure on September 10, 2010, 08:59:07 PM
I was wondering when someone would post this, with the recent publicity it's been getting.

Anyway, just for anyone who's interested in dishing out that 12-13 dollars or so, Beta comes when Notch AKA Marcus Persson gets mobs fully working in Survival Multiplayer.

Yes, there is Survival Multiplayer. It's buggy, but it's really fun nonetheless.
Yeah i was surprised it wasnt here already.  Ive had Survival since about version 1.0.6 :P thats about 15-20 updates ago xD

Also, the multiplayer is almost completely finished. Chests, furnaces, inventory, signs and all that is now server sided and working, no updates on the minecarts or techy stuff (levers and buttons etc) and multiplayer now has enemy mobs, but they cant be directly harmed yet (fire and lava still work)

Lucifer

Yeaahhh, my friend is addicted to this, and other world creating games like Dwarf Fortress and such. I couldn't get into it, just not really my type of game.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Lucifer on September 11, 2010, 01:22:20 AM
Yeaahhh, my friend is addicted to this, and other world creating games like Dwarf Fortress and such. I couldn't get into it, just not really my type of game.
Even on classic, people come up with really cool mods. Most are simple building servers, but I've seen CTF servers. Also worth mentioning is that TheOne's Servers has a dedicated Lava Survival server up. You should go ingame to ask them how it works, if there's any helpful people online at the time. They also have a TNT Wars thing, where you place TNT that blows up after 3 seconds. Kills get you points for items. In addition, I've even seen a portal mod. That's right, a portal mod.

tehrozzy

Quote from: EpicPhailure on September 11, 2010, 10:05:12 AM
Quote from: Lucifer on September 11, 2010, 01:22:20 AM
Even on classic, people come up with really cool mods. Most are simple building servers, but I've seen CTF servers. Also worth mentioning is that TheOne's Servers has a dedicated Lava Survival server up. You should go ingame to ask them how it works, if there's any helpful people online at the time. They also have a TNT Wars thing, where you place TNT that blows up after 3 seconds. Kills get you points for items. In addition, I've even seen a portal mod. That's right, a portal mod.
The portal mod is epic, I've been on one of those servers! they rock :P
I used to host a Spleef Arena, Lava Survival and a skydive before :P

Cactuscat222

Ahh, discovered it recently, been playing it with my brothers. Alot of fun.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

tehrozzy

I figured out how to edit minecraft survival mode texture packs :P
anyone wanna know?

EpicPhailure

There's a guide on the Mapping and Modding section.

crozier

Holy crap
A buddy of mine told me about this today. (well a few days ago, but I didn't think much about it untill today)
I am watching some videos about it and it looks fun.

tehrozzy

Quote from: crozier on September 15, 2010, 08:39:50 PM
Holy crap
A buddy of mine told me about this today. (well a few days ago, but I didn't think much about it untill today)
I am watching some videos about it and it looks fun.
Its quite good fun
At the moment me and Grim_Reaper (from this forum/game) are making CoD Zombies Der Riese in Alpha mode which is hard
coz we have to mine out all of out resources to build it xD we have literally torn down half a mountain, and we havent even finished the mainframe.

crozier

I bought it btw.
Man im one of those 7000 people who bought the game for 13 bucks, today. Hah they must make a ton of cash.

tehrozzy

EVERYONE: For a short time Minecraft Survival is FREE TO PLAY
i suggest you get it here: Minecraft
Btw croz i checked in Australian dollars they have made over $2M profit

EpicPhailure

Crapload of griefers though. Even more than there usually is.