News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

CLANS ARE BACK?

Started by Forum, February 18, 2011, 07:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum

CLANS ARE BACK YAY? Didn't see in update section so idk but ima make a clan :D.
Officially quitted

Mystery

Quote from: Forum on February 18, 2011, 07:45:08 PM
No, Lucifer just requested Meiun to add that board in.

EDIT: According to Lucifer, Meiun essentially confirmed there is no chance of in-game clans in SO, so he thought a board was the next best thing.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

T-Rok

Quote from: Mystery
...Presumably because The Stick Mafia has been plotting to do this for a while now. I'm personally still annoyed they were able to get such a large jump ahead on the competition..
If you would ask us instead of simply assuming we would explain more to you.

Mystery

Quote from: T-Rok on February 18, 2011, 08:46:31 PM
Quote from: Mystery
...Presumably because The Stick Mafia has been plotting to do this for a while now. I'm personally still annoyed they were able to get such a large jump ahead on the competition..
If you would ask us instead of simply assuming we would explain more to you.
Sorry, didn't know anything about it and had to make a weak snap assumption based on the modus operandi of some of the clan members. Lucifer explained it to me pretty well, and I retract my previous statements.

Meiun

Quote from: Mystery on February 18, 2011, 07:50:06 PM

EDIT: According to Lucifer, Meiun essentially confirmed there is no chance of in-game clans in SO, so he thought a board was the next best thing.
I actually stated that due to the loss of my old computer and backups (which lost me a tremendous amount of progress on the clan update, which was actually at the time almost complete), clans will likely not make it into the game until V3.

Mystery

Quote from: Meiun on February 18, 2011, 09:01:37 PM

I actually stated that due to the loss of my old computer and backups (which lost me a tremendous amount of progress on the clan update, which was actually at the time almost complete), clans will likely not make it into the game until V3.
Thanks for clarifying. I meant to say SOv2, but yeah.  :P

CherryPie

Quote from: Meiun on February 18, 2011, 09:01:37 PM

Sorry for asking, but I have developed games myself already and for what I can say, if you loose progress, even if is the work of days, recovering these just from your brain takes less than half the time. You have all the ideas already, the concept part of an implementation makes up 80%, implementation is 20%, at least from my personal and work programming experiences. I don't know if you even have half of the time you put in the work for the clan system already, so sorry for asking if that is the case.

BigBushWolfPapa

Yeah It would seem adding a clans into the game is easy enough if you already done it before. But I'm sure thats not the case. Meiun is probably pretty busy as it is, and probably devoting his free time to Sov3.  But I'm just guessing.

~BigBushWolfPapa