News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

The NEW Fight Game RPG (Final Turn)

Started by 11clock, July 31, 2012, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

The warriors of the Fight Game gather around the one standing at the podium, an old man wearing a sombrero.

"This world is about to collapse any minute. With the constant threat of the Shadaliers, the many races at war, and catastrophe happening everywhere, I feel that it is time to leave this world."

The bat-like creature standing next to the old man speaks up. "Tusami is right. This world is about to collapse, and everyone still here when it does will perish. Even the Shadaliers are destroying themselves under this massive conflict. It's obvious that no one is going to survive this giant war. This world is doomed."

Tusami continues. "The Fight Game world was created for the most powerful warriors in the Universe to compete, for fun. However, things stopped being fun a long time ago. Now is the time to start a new world for us to fight in, and this time, things will be different. We'll try our best to keep this as no more than a competition."

A person in the audience speaks up. "How are we going to create this new world? We don't have the power."

"Actually," Tusami replies, "we do."

Tusami steps aside and a feasome looking warrior steps up to the podium. He has a large, golden crystal embedded into his chest. The audience gasps at this appearance.

"It took us a while to find this legendary warrior. Thanks to the crystal embedded into his chest, he's been able to live for thousands of years, choosing to escape this ordeal and live a peaceful life. Theskyisgold has agreed with me and Alvester to help us start over."

Theskyisgold speaks up, in a deep voice. "We are going to leave, right now. Who wants to join us?" All hands shot up. "Good."

Theskyisgold takes out a staff and smashes the ground with it. Suddenly, nothing but black surrounds them. They're in space, somehow able to breathe. Everyone looks down to see the Fight Game world, on fire, exploding.

"Look at that mess," Theskyisgold says. "No one is going to survive. Not even the Shadaliers, not even the Almighty. There is still a chance for some to escape with us, but they don't have much time."

"So how are we going to start this new world?" another person in the audience asks.

Several floating islands appear around the group. "We are going to have a competition," Theskyisgold explains. "I am going to hide five colored artifacts, red, blue, yellow, green, and purple, around these islands. Whoever finds all of them first will be able to design the first piece of land of the New Fight Game. It's up to you how you're going to travel between these islands, and how you will get these artifacts. Now, who wants to compete?"

---

Welcome back to another round of the Fight Game RPG! This time, things will be different. The old story of the Fight Game series will be scrapped in favor of whatever comes out of this one. If you don't want to read the wall of text above, here is the short version. The old Fight Game world blew up and almost everyone in it died, so we're making a new one. If you want to bring your character back from the previous Fight Games, that's fine. We'll just say that he was among the survivors that Tusami brought with them. If you're new here, don't worry. I've made sure that this game is compatible with new players.

Here is how it works. To join, post below your character's description. You can only start with clothing. The format for your character is below:

Name:
Description:

The game is played like this. I'll randomize the turn order and you will first take turns choosing your starting island. There are 12 8 different islands to choose from, and they will be listed when we start picking starting islands.

Only one person can start on each island. Some islands will start empty, but will still be explorable if you find them. You won't be given a map, so it will be hard to find the other players. This makes things interesting.

Each turn I'll allow everyone to PM me what you want to do (it must be a a realistic action, no blow up the world crap), then I'll post the results. Turns will go in a specific order decided at the start of the game.

The objective of the game is to find all 5 colored artifacts hidden throughout the different areas. In order to win you must have all 5 artifacts. If an opponent claims an artifact, you must kill him to acquire it. The first one to get all 5 artifacts will be given this award.

You will be allowed to design the map for the NEW Fight Game! If you don't want to draw it yourself, you can send me a basic idea and I'll design what you describe.

Beware, this time around things will be harder! Each artifact is guarded by a fierce creature!

If you want to join just post below with your character information.

Players:
1. YayForLife
2. Jmacrules
3. Hi756
4. RayRay

Weapons and Damage:

Dual Wooden Mini-Spears: 5x2
Dual Electric Mini-Spears: 9x2
Dark Dual Wooden Mini-Spears: 9x2
Hard Stone Sword: 11
Electric Hard Stone Sword: 16
Iron Sword: 12
Dark Iron Sword: 17
Diamond Sword: 19
Dark Diamond Sword: 25
Light Diamond Sword: 25
Club: 8
Palm Bow: 10
Iron Bow: 15
Dark Iron Bow: 20
Palm Throwing Spear: 12
Stone-Tipped Palm Spear: 17
Light Stone-Tipped Palm Spear: 22
Diamond Bow: 22
Dark Diamond Bow: 29
Apocalypse: 9

tehrozzy

Not sure how you wanted it, considering the old style was much more... informative when it came to character posting.

Name: Walter
Description: A sorcerer with a keen eye for Rune's, Walter has traversed many worlds and dimensions.

"Aw hell, let's give it a shot." Walter mutters aloud as he dons his hat and steps forward, his black cloak flowing behind him, concealing his identity to any passersby. As he walks up, he pulls his ornate rune covered bow off his shoulder to find it charred. Before he can take a closer look, it crumbles into ashes.
"... Interesting."

EDIT: Added the Passersby thing just in case we get Masson joining. Just so we don't bump into each other STRAIGHT away, though 11 can always decide otherwise and make my identity known.

Jmac

I'm typing a long(ish) description because I'm making a new character. Stupid iPhone crashed, so I'm typing this once again. If I need to change anything for balancing, please tell me, although I'm new to the Fight Game RPG so I probably won't win anyways. XD

Name: Nicolai
Description: A man of few words, Nicolai is a nimble thief who left his home in the forest to start a new life. His old life of stealing from the rich aristocrats who ruled his land was starting to bore him.  After being transported to a war-torn land by the kingdom's wise sage, Nicolai found a small group of people gathered around. Talk of rare artifacts piqued his interest, as profit was the name of his game. He heard that he would also be able to create a new world if he gathered the artifacts and rid all of the other competition. He looked at the rag-tag band of survivors and laughed to himself, "This is going to be easy."

"I shall also go," said Nicolai. He faked a smile to show that he meant no harm to them...yet. His life of thievery had made him extremely agile and living in the forest had toughened him and helped him survive adverse conditions. His slender frame also allowed him to easily dodge anyone larger than himself. Daggers and other small weaponry were his specialty; being ambidextrous allowed him to dual wield them with ease. What the others possessed in strength, he matched them in agility and finesse.

11clock

One of the main differences between this game and last one is that I removed strenghs and weaknesses from the character format. Last time strenghs and weaknesses directly affected the game. This time they play a lesser part, and aren't required. Strenghs and weaknesses can affect your decisions, but the battle system will not be affected by it, unlike last time. This is to make it easier for me to balance the game.

Another key difference is that the arena this time around is a large cluster of floating islands, providing a challenge for traveling around. These floating islands have a special kick to them, but that will be revealed later.

Hi756

Character Name: Hirock
Description: Hirock is a loud mouth, arrogant, annoying, selfish, know-it-all brat that only thinks about himself and only cares about himself. His only goal is to win, and he doesn't care what he needs to do to achieve that goal. Hirock also has an unnatural obsession with coke and mountain dew.

"OKAY, LOSERS! We all know who's gonna be victorious at the end of this contest, so why not give up before it begins?!"
This is my signature.....great.

Yankyal

Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

11clock

Quote from: Yankyal on August 02, 2012, 12:33:32 AM
I put on my robe and wizard hat.

If you want to join, please provide a character name and description.

RayRay

I was in the last RPG so I'll play this one.

Name: Therin (it's close to my real name :P)
Description: Middle aged adult known to be a decent tactician. He is very friendly, but is caucious to any sign of assault. He can be a good ally if treated fairly. He would occasionally ask you to do something, but this is mainly to your advantage.

I was fair competition last time too. (highlight for spoilers) Almost defeated Mystery who had been powering up nearly the whole game and I nearly swooped him with one crystal when he had three. Of course I had a few allies with me.

Random off-topic advertising: I'm eating a Sour Patch Kids popsicle.

11clock

We have enough players now. We will start in two days. If anyone else wants to join, now is your only chance.

11clock

Four people approached Theskyisgold.

"Wonderful!" Theskyisgold exclaimed. "Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone!"

Thousands of cheese wheels appeared around the contestants. The contestants gave Theskyisgold strange looks. Theskyisgold shrugged and the cheese all vanished. Theskyisgold waved his staff, and suddenly everyone appeared next to a temple of gold.

"We are now standing on the center floating island, the Gold Island. You may feel a bit nauseous now that you're standing on solid ground again. Don't worry, the feeling will quickly pass."

"So you just need to get all of the artifacts to win?" Therin asks.

"You also need to bring them to this island," Theskyisgold explains. "The first one to bring all five artifacts to this island wins and will be granted the ability to make the New Fight Game's first big piece of land.

"Let's get started, shall we? Everyone who isn't participating, please step into the temple. I've set up a giant plasma screen television where you can watch the competition. Alvester will provide you with popcorn and drinks. If you ever need to...empty the waste from your body, please do so in your pants. Please enjoy the show, and remember, no flash photography allowed."

As the doors shut behind the audience, Theskyisgold turns around to face the contestants. "Alright now, let's get started! Welcome to the first annual New Fight Game Competition! Here are our contestants!"

Clapping and booing is heard inside of the temple. The contestants stare at it for a few seconds.

"The objective is to get the five artifacts that I've scattered around these floating islands. The first one who gets to the Gold Island, this island we're standing on right now, with all five artifacts is the winner! Red, green, blue, yellow, purple, can you find them all?"

Everyone is handed a piece of paper and a pencil.

"Please write on your slip what island you want to start on, and hand it to me. You can't start on the Gold Island. The available list of islands is below. Remember that the islands are too far away from each other to simply jump between them. You'll need to find or create a way of transport."

I decided to go with 8 islands instead of 12. Please post below what you want your starting island to be. Remember that no more than one person can start on a single island.

-Forest Island
-Snow Island
-Tusami's Dojo
-Blob Island
-Magma Island
-Floating Ship
-Desert Island
-Water Bowl

RayRay

"You know, since you got all this powerful teleportation mechanism and you seem to be the all-powerful with your staff, why didn't you just use some sort of psychokinetic power that reads minds instead of paper and pencil?" *writes Snow Island*

Jmac

"We need to find or make our own transportation," thought Nicolai, "so why not just start on the only clear form of floating transportation?" Nicolai quickly scribbled down his choice before the others (Edit: besides Therin) had a chance to decide and handed it to the strange man with the cheese fetish.

Choice: Floating Ship

Hi756

"I'm ready to go, LOSERS! You all will lose and I will be victorious in the end! Why don't you all just give up now, wimps! I am far more powerful and far stronger than any of you, I was in weight lifting class when I was in 3rd grade.....last year! But nevermind that, I will beat you all, and I choose the blob island since it sounds TOUGH, and that's what none of you people are! Haha GET IT?! That means you guys aren't tough and I am! In your faces! I will survive longer than any of you, and you all will DIE!!!! HAHAHAAHHAHAHA! And I won trophies for being so awesome! THAT MEANS I RULE AND YOU ALL DON'T! THIS CONTEST WILL BE EASY.......FOR ME! Not for any of you, because you all SUCK! I WILL WIN! You all will win trophies, though......trophies that GO TO THE PEOPLE THAT SUCK! AND IT WILL BE MADE OF COPPER! I WILL WIN THE GOLD! I WILL WIN! I WILL GET ALL 5 ARTIFACTS AND BE HERE ON GOLD ISLAND BEFORE ANY OF YOU! BECAUSE YOU ALL WILL DIE AND I WILL SURVIVE AND WIN AND WON'T HAVE A SCRATCH ON ME! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Choice: Blob Island.

RayRay

Therin turns to Hirock and simply says: "Good luck." ThenhequicklyturnstoWalterandshouts: "So what will you have? Wait! Don't choose Blob Island because Hirock might charge down on you. He's so self-confident that he would be hard to ally. And he keeps talking about trophies but," he turns back to Hirock not stopping his sentence, "I didn't hear that being our prize, mmm kay?"

Hi756

"Well, whatever the prize is, I'M GONNA WIN IT! AND YOU WON'T! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Now, don't say that kind of stuff to me again, it hurts my feelings! And my feelings are way more important than yours!"