News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

introducing...desert blade sand snail!

Started by TANK, November 06, 2012, 11:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TANK

he can derp his head in a looping motion and says hello when he bites!

any criticism is welcome! just don't be too harsh its my first sprite and gif. had fun making him for an hour and i hope you enjoy looking at him for 10 seconds  ;)   .

CherryPie

very nice for a first animation. Allthough imo, you should consider also animating the other parts of it. Oh and shading! :D

TANK

Thanks! also i dont know how i should animate the shell, maybe i should have the blades twitch or pump back and forth inside the shell lol. I also tried shading his eyes and his shell and you can see how that came out doesnt really look like shading. Im going to make a cave like rancor monster next and ill try improving the shading and see what you guys think.

Lingus

It looks more like a slug than a snail. I would make the shell more defined if that's what you're going for. You could easily keep it the way it is and just add a slight animation to the back end and make it look like a slithering slug.

I love the derp and the hello bite.

stick d00d

Snails have more circular shells like this:

Looks really good though especially being your first animation... Would really like to see more. Keep at it :P

TANK

got distracted looking at my cat and made this instead of the rancor, its a robo cat head.
i added an extra pixel around his mouth on accident when making the attack animation, i was too lazy to go back and fix it though

Lucifer

TANK

thanks luce :). also i gave up on the rancor because of how difficult it is to make legs move back and forth properly in 2d, i cant even do it right with stick people when i tried. So i have to make levitating or sliding movement. If anyone has any tips on legs let me know.

stick d00d

What do you use to animate? I kinda want to try it out...

TANK

im using the adobe photoshop cs6 free 30 day trial and then put them into UnFREEz to make them into gifs. Also the website uploadedit.com is good for uploading them as long as its not too big a file.

Mr Pwnage

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

crozier

TANK

i kind of rushed this one, but i think its worth a laugh, if your wondering what the whole flapping thing is its supposed to be flying  ;).

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: TANK on November 07, 2012, 06:53:13 PM
i kind of rushed this one, but i think its worth a laugh, if your wondering what the whole flapping thing is its supposed to be flying  ;).

That attack animation is GODLIKE! BEWARE OF THE THUMB TWIDDLER
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

TANK

lol thats a good name for him ill call him thumb twiddler!

tried doing a weapon sprite for fco,  its a blood/ketchup cannon, hits the enemy hard while ruining their shirt in the process

redid the cannon i think it looks a little better(ignore the floating hand)

also made claws