News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Failed.

Started by Rentofrent, June 25, 2009, 05:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rentofrent

Ok So, When I open S.O It fails to retrieve the file.
That's pretty much it.

Danimal

A few have experianced this problem, so you are not alone, the most likely cause is your firewall. Try turning it off whilst running S.O, then back on after it's loaded up.

Aqua

GaZ

When I get that message, (which I did get yestersday), all I did was visit the stick-online website (this one) then when you run the game again you get in just fine. Weird I know, but it works!!

Meiun

Quote from: GaZ on June 26, 2009, 02:38:57 AM
When I get that message, (which I did get yestersday), all I did was visit the stick-online website (this one) then when you run the game again you get in just fine. Weird I know, but it works!!
Yeah, I think that particular cause of the issue is just an oddity with this web-host. Never use to happen on any of our other ones. Not to worry though, as I will likely be upgrading the webhost again once neccessary. The most common problem for this issue though ofcourse is having some sort of security software/setting (such as a firewall, antivirus program, etc.) that is blocking it.

tehrozzy

thats happened to me aswell o.O its just that it normally only happens once and i just gotta restart SO.

Rentofrent

Ok thanks for the information.

Edit:
Ok So I went to Stick-online and Ran The client.
Did not work whatsoever.
Checked my firewall Its already off like it always is.

Danimal

Quote from: Rentofrent on June 27, 2009, 08:38:34 PM
Ok thanks for the information.

Edit:
Ok So I went to Stick-online and Ran The client.
Did not work whatsoever.
Checked my firewall Its already off like it always is.
Just out of interest do you have windows xp media center?
And try creating a limited account on your computer, and running it on that...

Rentofrent

Media center? Not entirely sure...
I have another account but I do not have the S.O Client on that other Account.
And No I did not donate for my account and I forgot who donated for me so Its impossible for me to get the client.

tehrozzy

No its not. Meiun said in another topic that if you lose the client or whatnot, send an email to or something like that and he'll give you the client.

Meiun

Often times with update related errors it does end up being some setting on the users computer, security restriction, or issue of that sort. However, the current webhost has been known to occasionaly cause a few issues with the updating.. I may be moving to a better one sometime soon (no promises yet). Either way, make sure that you have fully extracted all the required game files out of the archive before running them. Also, if you have Vista, try right clicking and selecting "Run as administrator". Lastly, if you are using a game client from before the donor server you will likely have to redownload it, in which case you should email me at asking for a copy.