News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Started by ToxicDuck, March 04, 2014, 07:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToxicDuck

I just started playing today, I love it so far. The turn based combat system is great, and it has a great amount of skills and perks. It has tons of references to episodes of the show, and it looks just like an episode. Going from gameplay to cutscenes are flawless. Loading times are very small, the world is huge, and there are so many things to explore/collect. I've been playing for two hours now and the only con I have is the combat is a tiny bit repetitive, but I normally always feel this way with all turn based combat games.

If you like south park, I highly suggest this game.

If you don't like south park, you probably wont like it, seeing as it's humor is just like an episode of the show.

So, does anyone plan to get this game? if you have already, how are you enjoying it?

Mr Pwnage

I saw that game on steam a few weeks ago and I was like...how can anybody justify paying $60 for a game like this?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Titan

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on March 04, 2014, 10:18:11 AM
I saw that game on steam a few weeks ago and I was like...how can anybody justify paying $60 for a game like this?

I actually had the same thought.  From what I've heard its actually not bad, but paying $60 for a rpg parody seems pretty crazy. I'm sure South Park fans will really like it, not my cup of tea personally though.
Livin' in a lonely world.

ToxicDuck

The main thing is, you have to look past the gimmick of it being south park.  As I'm sure most of you know, normally games that are based on tv shows/movies are normally terrible. But they made this into an actual good game.  If you really don't want to pay full price, I definitely think you should buy it when the price drops. It's a well made game.

venuse

tried to buy it at gamestop and walmart and neither had the pc version so i wasnt able to get it.

ToxicDuck

Just finished the game, loved it. Humor didn't get stale to me, and it was a legitimately good RPG.

Quote from: venuse on March 04, 2014, 08:58:52 PM
tried to buy it at gamestop and walmart and neither had the pc version so i wasnt able to get it.

Why not just buy it on steam? I hope you're still going to try and get it, like I said, I loved it.

venuse

well one of the reasons is that i have 16 dollars in credit at gamestop and a 10% discount card at walmart.

Tidus

Just finished beating it and already want to play a second time haha, its so fun. I saw some people just rush through the story line and complain the game is too short, but honestly if you get it you have to do the side quests. They are just as funny and awesome as the story, they make the gameplay much longer as well :)

ToxicDuck

Yeah, I agree, it's one of those games that doing the side quests will really make your experience of the game better. The only thing I found was I thought it was a bit too easy. When I replay it I'll probably do it on the hardest difficulty.  I also hope that mods come out for the game.

Tidus

Quote from: ToxicDuck on March 07, 2014, 02:04:11 PM
Yeah, I agree, it's one of those games that doing the side quests will really make your experience of the game better. The only thing I found was I thought it was a bit too easy. When I replay it I'll probably do it on the hardest difficulty.  I also hope that mods come out for the game.

Yeah I'm starting one now on the hardest difficulty, for a large majority of the game on normal I could 1 hit anything but bosses. Hope hard will be a bit more challenging.

ToxicDuck

Quote from: Tidus on March 07, 2014, 04:40:10 PM
Yeah I'm starting one now on the hardest difficulty, for a large majority of the game on normal I could 1 hit anything but bosses. Hope hard will be a bit more challenging.

My cousin just came over and is playing it. He's playing it on the hardest difficulty and you can already see enemies do a lot more damage. So that's good.

venuse

man this game is sweet i just spent 6hrs non stop playing the game. i almost never do that on anygame

DarkTrinity

I do enjoy the occasional South Park episode, but I'm not a hardcore fan or anything so I doubt I'd get a lot of the references. But I'm watching Game Grumps(technically Steam Train) play through it and so far it is quite hilarious. It really does look like you're playing through an episode of South Park.

Jmac

Quote from: DarkTrinity on March 10, 2014, 08:27:04 PM
I do enjoy the occasional South Park episode, but I'm not a hardcore fan or anything so I doubt I'd get a lot of the references. But I'm watching Game Grumps(technically Steam Train) play through it and so far it is quite hilarious. It really does look like you're playing through an episode of South Park.
This. They're the only YouTube channel I keep up with on a daily basis.

Anyways, I got the game even though I rarely watch the show and so far it's pretty great for the humor alone. When the price drops, I recommend checking it out.

Yankyal

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on March 04, 2014, 10:18:11 AM
it got extremely good ratings for the most part. its better than yet another brown and black fps
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10