News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minor changes and tweaks.

Started by Freeforall, December 10, 2014, 11:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeforall

I realize that SO2 is pretty set in stone at this point, but if any of these small ideas appeal to you, please show some feedback. These ideas would take minimal effort to implement, and I think that if they got enough support they might just happen.

1. Holiday events should be set to automatically start/end based on the time and date of the server computer. I don't think this would take very long to implement, and after it was implemented, the game would require even less babysitting.

2. Add a delay before deleting multiple items. Pretty self-explanatory... if you accidentally double tap the right click button due to a faulty mouse or whatever your reason, you will delete two items. Adding a small delay to the time you can delete items will minimize accidental deletions.

3. Chat filter should not be case sensitive. This isn't a big deal... honestly it isn't even a deal at all. No one uses the filter anyways. But it just feels so unpolished at the moment honestly. I recall Meiun saying the only reason it was added was because of a parent's complaint he got a long time ago. Still, it feels unfinished.

4. PVP should be unrestricted again. There just aren't enough people playing anymore to have it so that both players need it turned on to attack each other. I also feel like this would make some of the forum lurkers more active in-game.

If I think of any more I will add.

Jmac

I like all of these ideas, although, as you said, it's not likely that v2 will receive any changes. However, these would be nice additions to v3, particularly number one and four.

As far as the delay for deleting items, it would be nice in v2, but in v3, I would want some other system for selling/deletion, such as a prompt to confirm your choice.

Freeforall

Quote from: Jmac on December 10, 2014, 01:45:00 PM
I like all of these ideas, although, as you said, it's not likely that v2 will receive any changes. However, these would be nice additions to v3, particularly number one and four.

As far as the delay for deleting items, it would be nice in v2, but in v3, I would want some other system for selling/deletion, such as a prompt to confirm your choice.
Yeah, I was going to say maybe a prompt or something, but that would take a lot more work to implement than a simple delay.

It's a long shot, but I figured I may as well throw these ideas out there. I think they would be fairly easy to add.