News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V2 Remake in Game Maker: Studio

Started by Deo341, April 30, 2016, 06:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deo341

Hey all,

Something I'd love to do as a little side project is remaking SOv2 in the Game Maker Studio engine with some quality of life enhancements like support for higher resolutions, 60 fps, a storage system, adding functionality to the hotkeys at the top of the screen, etc. I really would like to give back to the SO community that has been such a significant part of my childhood that I care enough about to stick around for even a decade later. Seems like something that'd be fun to do, and it might bring back some old players or perhaps even introduce some new ones to SO community which has been steadily dying out over the past few years.  :(

Of course, Stick Online belongs to Meiun and I would not do this unless he gave me explicit permission to. This is just a proposal.

Yankyal

I doubt meiun gives a shit about us anymore so go ahead.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Deo341

Quote from: Yankyal on May 01, 2016, 06:07:34 PM

Don't be so pessimistic, brother. It's been ten years and not all of us can work on Game Maker projects for absolutely zero profit as much as we'd like. I'm sure Meiun would allocate a lot more time and resources to SO if his situation allowed for it.

Yankyal

Quote from: Deo341 on May 02, 2016, 09:17:25 PM
Quote from: Yankyal on May 01, 2016, 06:07:34 PM

Don't be so pessimistic, brother. It's been ten years and not all of us can work on Game Maker projects for absolutely zero profit as much as we'd like. I'm sure Meiun would allocate a lot more time and resources to SO if his situation allowed for it.
You're right. 10 years is simply not enough time to work on this game.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Tekken 5 Master

I wouldn't waste my time remaking something that doesn't need remaking. I would, however, suggest that you create your own similar-style 2D MMORPG from scratch with your own ideas - as long as you have the required; free time, a LOT of free time, good programming language knowledge (GML, C, C++, C#), an understanding of networking and good 2D / Pixel Art skills. Easier said than done but if you have the above requirements then the sky is the limit.
Th3_Natural's Stick Online Walkthrough

Tekken 5 Master

I've been planning and designing a concept for an MMORPG for about 3 years now, never really got out of the planning stage as it's too time consuming and it's difficult to make such a commitment.
Th3_Natural's Stick Online Walkthrough