News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

What do you guys think about the US presidential election results?

Started by Freeforall, November 15, 2016, 12:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeforall

Personally, I think Trump was the lesser of the two evils. If anyone is still browsing this forum, I'd be interested in hearing what you guys think.

In case this topic does blow up, please keep it civil.

Siedge

Voted for Trump. Happy with the results, check out /r/the_donald sometime! ;)

Freeforall

Quote from: Siedge on November 16, 2016, 05:55:17 PM
Voted for Trump. Happy with the results, check out /r/the_donald sometime! ;)
Subbed to that, but I mainly browse /pol/.

Zario777

Because of all of the bigots that followed Trump (racists, xenophobes, sexists, etc), I didn't want him to win because I felt like they would feel validated in their hatred if they felt like their president represented that stuff. Since he's won, there's been a rise in hate crimes; even one happened at my university in broad daylight. So I personally think America is a scarier place to live as a minority and I'm also not too keen of Trump's selection of people into power nor his stance on Climate Change.
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

Freeforall

Quote from: Zario777 on November 19, 2016, 07:22:43 AM
Because of all of the bigots that followed Trump (racists, xenophobes, sexists, etc), I didn't want him to win because I felt like they would feel validated in their hatred if they felt like their president represented that stuff. Since he's won, there's been a rise in hate crimes; even one happened at my university in broad daylight. So I personally think America is a scarier place to live as a minority and I'm also not too keen of Trump's selection of people into power nor his stance on Climate Change.

In my opinion, the rise in hate crimes is mainly because of all of these "peaceful" protests going on. Trump isn't actually the president yet, so I find it hard to put the blame on him as he hasn't even changed anything yet.

I don't agree on his stance on climate change either. I just felt as if I REALLY couldn't trust Hillary. I feel like if Bernie would have been the Democratic nominee, he probably would have won.

Zario777

Quote from: Freeforall on November 24, 2016, 04:44:32 PM

In my opinion, the rise in hate crimes is mainly because of all of these "peaceful" protests going on. Trump isn't actually the president yet, so I find it hard to put the blame on him as he hasn't even changed anything yet.

I don't agree on his stance on climate change either. I just felt as if I REALLY couldn't trust Hillary. I feel like if Bernie would have been the Democratic nominee, he probably would have won.

How could "peaceful" protests result in swastikas being drawn places and Muslim women (among others; this was just the most relevant attack made public in regards to my location) being attacked? Those "protesters" would just be violent towards Trump supporters since that's who they're mad at, but that's not what I meant when I said rise in hate crimes.
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

Freeforall

Quote from: Zario777 on November 29, 2016, 04:31:51 AM
Quote from: Freeforall on November 24, 2016, 04:44:32 PM

How could "peaceful" protests result in swastikas being drawn places and Muslim women (among others; this was just the most relevant attack made public in regards to my location) being attacked? Those "protesters" would just be violent towards Trump supporters since that's who they're mad at, but that's not what I meant when I said rise in hate crimes.
Well, both sides are guilty of these peaceful protests going violent.

Like I said, I don't really like either Hillary or Donald. For me, I found that some of Hillary's actions actually lead to the deaths of our soldiers in Benghazi, while Trump was just a dick in general. I didn't want Hillary in charge of our military, especially since she seems to think we are in a Cold War with Russia.

Another thing I don't get... why is it so bad that Trump has good relations with Putin? I don't want a president who picks fights with Russia... the LAST thing we want is a war with Russia, because nobody wins in that scenario.

bubba

Bernie in primaries, HRC in general.

Didn't like clinton at all, she's bad goods. Bernie was a god send for grassroots reinvention. Trump winning isn't exactly favorable but in general I don't care about the president. But... in this case... It's really bad. Senate, house, president, and a supreme court seat are now in GOP's favor. The next 2 years may be some of the most right winged legislation the country has ever seen. There's literally zero balance of power now. Coupled with the fact the majority of Obama's legislation were executive orders, it means almost everything in the last 8 years can be undone.

But then again I'll be living in a different country in half a year (hopefully) so it's not a huge concern for me.