News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Dauntless

Started by Scotty, July 10, 2017, 02:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Years ago, Meiun alerted me to Monster Hunter 3 coming to the Wii.  While never the most innovative when it came to graphics, the game play was very, very rewarding.  You kill what you equip.  The gear you wear dictates your power, not some leveling system, or some stat system where you have abilities to improve.  It's all about the gear you wear, and in order to get the gear, you have to hunt monsters, harvest parts from their carcass, and build better armor from it, all through a very complex, and very rewarding combat system where you literally have to duck, dive, and dodge your way through a giant stabby-stabby match.

Obviously, it gets quite difficult if you really want to go for some of the best gear and advancement in the game, and with graphics that are sub-par to the likes of Dark Souls and other games, it never really caught on in America, at least until E3 this year when they announced they're finally bringing Monster Hunter to the PC.  In the meantime though, a project that has been in the works for far longer, announced at PAX East, Dauntless runs in almost the exact same vein as Monster Hunter.

Better graphics, just as great of a combat system, same concept of "wear what you kill", it looks very, very promising, and it will be coming to PC in the next month, well before Monster Hunter does.  Currently, if you purchase one of the founders packs, you're guaranteed early access when it goes live on August 18th.

If anyone else is interested, I'll be participating in the Alpha, eagerly excited to see how it progresses.  I'm not one for buying into early access games given the mass amount of failures that never see the light of day past alpha, but when I see a Monster Hunter inspired game come to PC, I can't contain my excitement.  Let me know if anyone else is interested!

https://playdauntless.com/