News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Folding@home

Started by ARTgames, November 27, 2009, 01:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

QuoteFolding@home is a distributed computing project -- people from throughout the world download and run software to band together to make one of the largest supercomputers in the world. Every computer takes the project closer to our goals. Folding@home uses novel computational methods coupled to distributed computing, to simulate problems millions of times more challenging than previously achieved.
http://folding.stanford.edu/

There is a lot more info on the site but its basically using your PC to help finding out more in the medical field. Also there is a client for the ps3.

Quote from: Meiun on December 04, 2009, 11:14:28 PM
EDIT: Created an official Stick Online team for anyone who wants to participate =] The team number is 175789. Just enter that in the Configuration window under Team Number and youll be in.
Join owr team!

Team info:
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=175789

If you still have no idea what I'm talking about watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ1XuOgknuE

Titan

Dear god I just saw this on another site. Kinda weird.

Livin' in a lonely world.

ARTgames

Quote from: Titan on November 27, 2009, 01:39:08 PM
Dear god I just saw this on another site. Kinda weird.
Ware?

Also here is my profile.
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=ARTgames&teamnum=57391
If i added up all i have really done my WU and score would be higher. But i have a new name ever year. I always do it around winter so i can use my PC as a heater also. :P

Meiun

I actually run this sometimes too, both on my PC and PS3. It is actually a really cool concept. Basically, it allows your computer to dedicate some of it's processing power to essentialy work as a node for a world wide super computer that works to find out all sorts of stuff in the medical field, such as (hopefully one day) cures for diseases, etc. etc. Most people leave their computers on when they arn't using them anyways, so running this just allows you to take advantage of all that unused processing power towards something good.

If anyone does decide to make a Stick Online based team for it let me know and I'd join it.

EDIT: Created an official Stick Online team for anyone who wants to participate =] The team number is 175789. Just enter that in the Configuration window under Team Number and youll be in.

ARTgames

Thank you meiun! I try and get another PC on the team.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: ARTgames on December 05, 2009, 12:56:47 PM

Thank you meiun! I try and get another PC on the team.
I'm joining.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Thank you. As of now it says I'm the only team member 0_o. could be slow or I'm not reading it right.

Meiun

Quote from: ARTgames on December 08, 2009, 05:59:00 PM
Thank you. As of now it says I'm the only team member 0_o. could be slow or I'm not reading it right.
No I'm on it as well. I guess it just dosn't register you until you've completed atleast 1 whole work unit (havn't been able to have mine running much recently). I would leave my PS3 on doing it some too but the network setup on campus dosn't allow for more than one device connected per person at once >_>.

Seifer

When I click the link to this site, I get a simple

"Acess Denied" in the top left corner of a blank page.

Seifer

Double post!

I seem to be able to get around it by simply reloading over and over.

Forum

Uhm why not edit post instead of double posting  :o I'd join also but for some reason my mind tells me not to because its to complicated i already read everything btw so don't call me an idiot.
Officially quitted

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Forum on April 17, 2010, 09:47:23 PM
Uhm why not edit post instead of double posting  :o I'd join also but for some reason my mind tells me not to because its to complicated i already read everything btw so don't call me an idiot.
Because editing a post doesn't bump the whole thread. Duh  :P

tehrozzy

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on April 18, 2010, 06:31:38 PM
I dont see why he needed to bump the thread. The two posts were 10 minutes apart.

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: YayForLife on April 18, 2010, 06:42:16 PM
Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on April 18, 2010, 06:31:38 PM
I dont see why he needed to bump the thread. The two posts were 10 minutes apart.
You know what, I really don't !@#$ING care anymore, nowadays these forums are just about who bumped what and why, it's kinda getting annoying.

Lingus

What the hell? Why are you guys even discussing a double post that happened 5 months ago?