News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

S.O PvP League [Unofficial]

Started by Danimal, December 30, 2010, 07:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

Quote from: Josh on January 01, 2011, 06:59:46 PM
It's a good idea but having fights that must be moderated ehh, could be spectated by a random person also registered in the league?  Idk,  anyways canyou sign xJosh up.
They don't have to be moderated, but a moderator must submit the results. He doesn't have to be there during the fight, the participants just have to tell him the results.

Danimal

Quote from: Josh on January 01, 2011, 06:59:46 PM
Idk,  anyways canyou sign xJosh up.

Done, password pm'd to you.

Josh

Celson

It seems the ranking system could do with some slight improvements.

Dragx_rage is ranked 10th atm. He has 1 win and 1 loss so he was a win percentage of 50%. However there are players who are yet to even have there first fight, they have a win percentage of 0% and are ranked higher than DragX_Rage. In all fairness he should be ranked higher than them.

I suggest you make it so primarily it will organise the players by the selected button (default rating). And secondary if say the ratings are equal, then it will go by win percentage.

jonsploder

Elo is a good rating system, but you're already facing problems of inflation. I mean in chess;

Under 1200 ELO is classified as a beginner. There are none on the site yet.
1500-1600 is average club level. This seems to be the 'beginner' rank here.
1800 is considered to be a strong club player. No-one has achieved this yet.

As you can see the rating is very cramped at the moment, and inflated. There really needs to be more matches between better players and worse players (or more in general) to straighten things out.

king

Lucifer or anyone else.

please fight me.

tehrozzy

Ehh may aswell, sign me up under
NamelessHobo
(i dont use YayForLife AT ALL anymore, its my friends account now.)

Danimal

Quote from: YayForLife on January 03, 2011, 06:57:42 PM
Ehh may aswell, sign me up under
NamelessHobo
(i dont use YayForLife AT ALL anymore, its my friends account now.)

Created :P

sayers6

Create sayers6. please and thank you.

krele

Quote from: Celson on January 02, 2011, 01:30:14 AM

Dragx_rage is ranked 10th atm. He has 1 win and 1 loss so he was a win percentage of 50%. However there are players who are yet to even have there first fight, they have a win percentage of 0% and are ranked higher than DragX_Rage. In all fairness he should be ranked higher than them.

I suggest you make it so primarily it will organise the players by the selected button (default rating). And secondary if say the ratings are equal, then it will go by win percentage.
Do you even know what ELO is?

If Dragx had elo 1500, he would lose much more elo if he got outclassed by someone at 1200 rather than his own. So what happened is, Dragx lost to someone really low and he deserves to be in that place =)

Danimal

Celson

Quote from: krele on January 04, 2011, 11:48:49 AM
Quote from: Celson on January 02, 2011, 01:30:14 AM

Do you even know what ELO is?

If Dragx had elo 1500, he would lose much more elo if he got outclassed by someone at 1200 rather than his own. So what happened is, Dragx lost to someone really low and he deserves to be in that place =)

Do you even know what I'm talking about?

Dragx_Rage has a rating of 1600. Which is the start rating. So there are players that are ranked higher than him that haven't even had there first fight, but they still equal in rating. I'm saying he should be ranked above them. So I'm suggesting that primarily it will rank them by rating, if there rating is equal, then organise them by win %.

igufed

I'll see if I can get them sorted that way.  Win% isn't currently a field in the table; it is calculated when the standings list gets created.. Also why you can't sort by that column.

We'll see.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Celson

Quote from: igufed on January 04, 2011, 04:27:21 PM
I'll see if I can get them sorted that way.  Win% isn't currently a field in the table; it is calculated when the standings list gets created.. Also why you can't sort by that column.

We'll see.

This new system you have just implemented was much better than my idea. Cheers mate!

igufed

Added something new to the site.  Check out my signature for what it was.

After logging in, if you go to the 'User Settings' button (where you also change your password), you will see new text in there with BBC tags with a URL to an image in it.  That image will be what you see in my signature, but with your account statistics.

The info in the image will update automatically.  Once you copy/paste that text from the 'User Settings' area of the league site into your signature settings for this forum, there is nothing else for you to do. 
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0