News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Archeage

Started by T-Rok, May 29, 2014, 12:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Rok

Has anyone else found themselves excited over this game? Or is it just me.

Link for those unknowing: http://archeagegame.com

Bought into the alpha, and at first I was a little disappointed. But once I got 15 or so it started to pick up. There is a crap ton you can do, not sure where to start.

For one thing, you can build ships and sail them into the ocean and open world pvp with other players who built ships.

Meiun

Quote from: T-Rok on May 29, 2014, 12:52:04 PM
Has anyone else found themselves excited over this game? Or is it just me.

Link for those unknowing: http://archeagegame.com

Bought into the alpha, and at first I was a little disappointed. But once I got 15 or so it started to pick up. There is a crap ton you can do, not sure where to start.

For one thing, you can build ships and sail them into the ocean and open world pvp with other players who built ships.
I am actually quite excited to check this one out as well. Not a huge fan of the old-school style MMO combat, but all the other features of the game look like they would more than make up for that. I will most likely pay for one of the beta access bundles, but don't think I want to shell out the money for the alpha pack.

Also, you missed the 'E' in the games name for the topic title (should be Archeage, not Archage).

Fisuman

This seems fascinating! I'll make sure to give it a try when it is released.

T-Rok

So I did miss the E, dammit. Fixed it.

Alpha is nearly over anyways, would be pointless to shell out that cash unless you want any of the alpha pack bonuses.

I am also extremely excited for this game. I'll probably pay for beta as well.

btw the alpha server is staying up until launch. It'll be down while the beta server is up, but that's only 3-5 day events. There's also been talk about the alpha server staying up as a test server after the games launch.

T-Rok

So I've finally settled on a 2-h Nodachi Dark Runner. It's my play style, unfortunately it's also one of the most popular classes in the game. Healers and tanks are so scarce it's saddening. But as with all mmos, to be expected.

Finally got around to hitting 20, upgraded my glider, and it's amazing how much of a boost it is compared to what you start with.

Was also able to acquire enough Nui Tears around level 22 to purchase the fastest mount in the game. Which was awesome. On top of unlocking my mule to speed up my trade runs.

T-Rok

So they announced labor regen rates recently. The amount of backlash they are getting is ridiculous. And I agree. So into the details I will go.

Subscribers will receive 10/5min online and 5/5min offline. While F2P will receive 5/5min online and 0 offline. They are practically enforcing that you afk as a standard so you can get that extra regen. Thus flooding servers and creating impossible queue times.

Now while f2p numbers are logical, that way you can't spam accounts to alternate labor points on different days, the subscription numbers are not. I would much prefer 5/5 at all times and nothing more, then 10/5 while online+5/5 offline. I should not look at a game and think "wow time to afk macro".

Even so with the F2P if you have multiple computers it's not very hard to afk other accounts while you play.

I personally think what they are doing is poorly planned, despite knowing they probably talked about it for weeks.

Meiun

Quote from: T-Rok on June 27, 2014, 02:20:33 PM
So they announced labor regen rates recently. The amount of backlash they are getting is ridiculous. And I agree. So into the details I will go.

Subscribers will receive 10/5min online and 5/5min offline. While F2P will receive 5/5min online and 0 offline. They are practically enforcing that you afk as a standard so you can get that extra regen. Thus flooding servers and creating impossible queue times.

Now while f2p numbers are logical, that way you can't spam accounts to alternate labor points on different days, the subscription numbers are not. I would much prefer 5/5 at all times and nothing more, then 10/5 while online+5/5 offline. I should not look at a game and think "wow time to afk macro".

Even so with the F2P if you have multiple computers it's not very hard to afk other accounts while you play.

I personally think what they are doing is poorly planned, despite knowing they probably talked about it for weeks.
If they have the server capacity and were to implement a sort of player run shop system for AFK players to host (sort of like Ragnarok Online) then I wouldn't think it would be so bad. But I doubt either of those things are the case.

T-Rok

Alpha server is already having lag issues, no queues put in place yet though. They will be opening up a second alpha server come this weekend to deal with the lag issue. No afk player shops, but the idea has been suggested by the community as a compromise. Trion has not responded since announcing the numbers though.

T-Rok

The closed beta starts July 17, a wave of invites should be going out soon, so make sure you sign up. If I get any codes I'll be sure to mention it.

Loganvz123

Bumping this topic. The Open Beta was released yesterday.
Those who wish to download the game should sign up on the website and download the client through 'my account'. Keep in mind that a Steam clone is required to play it. The download size is around 8 gigabytes.

I attempted to download it and run it, it worked for about 5 minutes, then my graphics card hit about 90 Celsius and my computer crashed. Happens every time I try to play, regardless of resolution and graphics settings.

Meiun

Most fun I've ever had playing an MMO by a mile. Never had a greater sense of true, meaningful, and self directed adventure in a game before. The amount of awesome things and features in this game (both big and small details, which there are a lot of) is crazy. The super legit physics engine in an MMO for the vehicles, boats, etc. is also very awesome. Nothing beats harpooning someones canoe from your sail boat then dragging them along unwillingly via rope :P Every time I play I am surprised to discover some cool new feature that I didn't know about before.

Loganvz123

Quote from: Meiun on September 07, 2014, 08:28:44 PM
Most fun I've ever had playing an MMO by a mile. Never had a greater sense of true, meaningful, and self directed adventure in a game before. The amount of awesome things and features in this game (both big and small details, which there are a lot of) is crazy. The super legit physics engine in an MMO for the vehicles, boats, etc. is also super awesome. Nothing beats harpooning someones canoe from your sail boat then dragging them along unwillingly via rope :P Every time I play I am surprised to discover some cool new feature that I didn't know about before.

Yeah I would really like to play, but every time I try my graphics card jumps up to 95 degrees then crashes for some reason.
Probably because my cooler is a generic case fan which I taped to the front.

Oh well.

Meiun

Quote from: Loganvz123 on September 07, 2014, 09:19:19 PM
Quote from: Meiun on September 07, 2014, 08:28:44 PM
Most fun I've ever had playing an MMO by a mile. Never had a greater sense of true, meaningful, and self directed adventure in a game before. The amount of awesome things and features in this game (both big and small details, which there are a lot of) is crazy. The super legit physics engine in an MMO for the vehicles, boats, etc. is also super awesome. Nothing beats harpooning someones canoe from your sail boat then dragging them along unwillingly via rope :P Every time I play I am surprised to discover some cool new feature that I didn't know about before.

Yeah I would really like to play, but every time I try my graphics card jumps up to 95 degrees then crashes for some reason.
Probably because my cooler is a generic case fan which I taped to the front.

Oh well.
Yeah, I imagine that might have something to do with it...

On a side note (and as a partial disclaimer), while the game is somewhat advertised as a free to play game, it is essentially a pay to play game with a really robust free mode. You can play and get to max level without issue as a free player, but you will be a bit more limited in things like claiming land and other trade related skills. If you can see past this (some people can't), it is incredible.