News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Hearthstone

Started by Lucifer, October 23, 2014, 01:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

Heyo, did a quick search on Hearthstone & the only topic was requesting Beta keys a while back. I've been playing Hearthstone off & on since I got into the Beta. I keep going through phases of feeling like I'm grinding, and actually enjoying the game. I'm used to playing Magic The Gathering & Yugioh online via unofficial programs where I have access to all of the cards, so when it comes to playing a CCG where I have to actually... collect cards, I think I'm a bit spoiled.

I've come to the conclusion that whether or not you enjoy this game comes down to whether or not you like to play Arena, which explains my inconsistency with playing as I don't really like Arena. Hearthstone has some RNG elements to a few of its cards, which gets amplified in the randomness of Arena, and I don't really like that in a competitive card game. I guess there's a reason I don't play go to MTG drafts. But it's not all random, there's definitely skill to developing your Arena decks, and there's a reason professional players maintain very high win rations while playing this same mode. I think the main problem is that I have a few specific decks that I want to play, and the fastest way to get there is Arena, so I can't help but view it as a "barrier to fun" ... it's really a problem with my perspective.

Anyways, my two favorite constructed decks at the moment are Warrior Pirates & Paladin Control. I don't have a whole lot of legendaries, but I unpacked Ragnaros recently & crafted Tirion Fordring after dusting Leeroy when he was nerfed. I just really enjoy running 2x Equality, 2x Consecration & 2x Wild Pyromancer - it's incredibly satisfying to wipe the board like that. Paladin is what I've had the most success with, but I enjoy playing Warrior Pirates more. I finally crafted every pirate, and it's been interesting to see how far I can get in the ladder with them.

Anyone here get into Hearthstone? What's your experience been like?

Mr Pwnage

I own all the cards now....so obviously I have enjoyed the ride. Working on making my entire deck golden now. Totally add me up and for those of you who still play though. Username is Wartika. I still have a lot of theory crafting to do, so far the highest rank I've achieved is 5, and I still am yet to achieve legend status.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php