News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

"Error: Cannot read the game file"

Started by Salty6, December 06, 2015, 10:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty6

Been playing the game for a couple of months now. Worked fine, no issues. My computer recently updated, and when I attempted to play the game it gave me the error message "Error: Cannot read the game file." No files should've been changed during the update, but just in case I deleted my download of the game and downloaded it again. The problem wasn't fixed. I tried running the program as an administrator and also under compatibility settings, also without success. I looked under my firewall settings to see if the program is being affected by that in any way, also doesn't seem to be.

Not sure what to do at this point. Hopefully someone can help me.

Jmac

So I saw that this same error occurred in another similar game, and the solution was to make sure you have a default printer set. Don't ask why, because I don't know, but it worked for them, so it can't hurt to try... :)

Salty6

Oh my gosh, it worked. That's nuts that that could have any effect. Thank you for your help! It's much appreciated.

Jmac

Logan286

Just encountered the same error on a fresh install. Can confirm that setting a default printer did in fact fix it.

What an absurd error, I would literally have never tried that.