News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Is the server down? Post it here.

Started by ToxicDuck, October 30, 2013, 07:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TANK

going into stick withdrawal 8)

its backup!

TheRobert

Jmac

I don't assume the server is down, as Buffi got to level 99, but is anyone else getting "Failed to Connect" errors? Or does anyone know why I'd be getting this provided that my internet is fine? Kind of lame seeing as I was in first place about to get to 99 for the competition...

EDIT: I've reset my router, tried connecting on three computers, attempted a wired connection, tried with my firewall off, checked all router settings for any exceptions, and nothing. Strangely, the game updates when i delete resources.sor, but it can't connect to the login server. I can play other online games just fine so I'm not sure what's up here...any help would be much appreciated.

ToxicDuck

I can confirm it's down for me too. The reason why you can still update is because the actual update server and game server are different. Updates are downloaded from the website, while actually logging in or creating an account connects you to the actual game server.

edit: Dan is able to be on the server just fine, so as you've said Jmac, I think it's only affecting some people. It's definitely just not just you though.

Meiun

Looks like the service I use for the servers DNS is having some serious outages and connectivity issues today (which they have officially made some statements about on their site). I am assuming that this is the most likely culprit for many of your issues. My best suggestion would be to keep trying and hope that this gets resolved shortly.

buffi

I was just able to log on fine, so you guys might want to try it now.

ToxicDuck

Quote from: buffi on July 01, 2014, 02:15:07 PM

Still not working for me, I've must of tried at least 100 times on three different computers over the last few hours.

Jmac

Quote from: ToxicDuck on July 01, 2014, 02:35:24 PM
Quote from: buffi on July 01, 2014, 02:15:07 PM

Still not working for me, I've must of tried at least 100 times on three different computers over the last few hours.
Same thing here.

Fisuman

Hasn't been working for me either. I d/ced earlier today on Wystix. I checked back and Fisuman was still logged in, but I couldn't log on Wystix anymore. A bit later Danimal announced a server reset, but it didn't seem to help.

Meiun

It has been confirmed that this is indeed an issue with our domain name provider. I've got a temporary workaround that can be used by anyone who is still having issues connecting. If you are one of these people, please PM either myself or Danimal and we will provide you with details on how to setup the workaround on your computer. I will go ahead and PM those of you who have already posted that they are having connection issues. I do not want to post the solution publicly, as it involves some info that is slightly sensitive and I feel would be better to not display to the world.

Keep in mind though, this issue should ultimately resolve itself, and the workaround we can provide is very much a temporary solution and should not be used as a long term fix (using it as a long term fix will guaranteed you further connection issues down the road).

EDIT: Sent out PM's to everyone that has claimed to be having issues so far.

Jmac

The temporary solution has stopped working for me, I've been playing fine all morning, but now it won't let me log in with or without the fix.

Fisuman

Quote from: Jmac on July 02, 2014, 02:33:31 PM
The temporary solution has stopped working for me, I've been playing fine all morning, but now it won't let me log in with or without the fix.
Same here.

Bread

I also cannot connect, with or without the temp fix. I guess the server must actually be down this time.

Slayer11

I'm still not able to connect with the Server.   :-\

Meiun

The server was down due to storms in the area. It is back up now, sorry about that.