News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Tactical Party Battles (Short and fast-paced!)

Started by 11clock, September 23, 2011, 06:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

I'm not sure how this will turn out, as I don't think this has been done before. Please ask questions and give suggestions for changes before the game starts!

Hello, and welcome to Tactical Party Battles! This competitive strategy game is designed to be short and fast-paced. Unlike games like Sti-Quest, Fight Game RPG, and Forum Adventures, this game has no board. The whole game is pure fighting! Okay, now for the rules and stuff.

Four (or eight if enough people want to play) players will choose 3 party members to be in their party for this game. The players will then fight each other using the bracket tournament system. Each player will fight the other player using their party members. The winner of this game gets an imaginary cookie!

Each turn each player will decide on what their party members will do. Each party member has 20 HP, no magic because that isn't needed, and a unique selection of moves depending on the party member's job. Party members can also defend, decreasing attack power by half rounding down. Players must PM me what they want their party members to do, unless they want to announce what they're doing (which is unwise).

If you want to join please state your party name, the party members' names and their job types.

Here is the list of jobs below!

Job: Warrior
Health: 20
Defense: 1
Speed: 1

Moves:
Slash: Deals 3 damage to an opponent.
Charge: Doubles attack power of the next attack.
Meat Shield: Takes damage for a party member of the player's choice.

Job: Ninja
Defense: 0
Speed: 3

Moves:
Rapid Stab: Hits an opponent 3 times for 1 damage each.
Copycat: Uses an opponent's basic move (first move in moves list of job) on an opponent.
Vanish: All attacks that target the user have a 50% chance of missing for the remainder of the turn.
Smoke Bomb: The targeted opponent will have a 50% chance of missing for 3 turns.
Risk Game: The targeted opponent will be forced to play Rock Paper Scissors with the user via PM. The user and target will be notified via PM when this move is played and will be asked to PM the host their weapons of choice (Rock, Paper, or Scissors). The loser will take 5 damage.

Job: Alchemist
Speed: 2

Moves
Bomb Potion: Deals 2 damage to an opponent.
Iron Potion: Increases a party member's defense by 1 for 3 turns.
Sharp Potion: Increases a party member's attack by 1 for 3 turns.
Poison Potion: Poisons an opponent for 3 turns. The opponent will take 1 damage per turn.
Dull Potion: Decreases an opponent's attack by 1 for 3 turns.
Pierce Potion: Decreases an opponent's defense by 1 for 3 turns. Defense CAN be less than 0!

Job: Archer
Speed: 2

Moves:
Pierce Arrow: Deals 2 damage to an opponent and pierces defense higher than 0.
Bomb Arrow: Deals 1 damage to all opponents.
Stun Arrow: Stuns an opponent for a turn.
Flame Arrow: Deals 1 damage to an opponent and catches the opponent on fire. Units on fire lose 1 HP per turn for 2 turns.
Spread Arrows: Hits 3 times, each attack targeting a random opponent for 1 damage.

Job: Priest
Speed: 3

Moves:
Punch: Deals 1 damage to an opponent.
Pray: Recovers an ally's HP by 3 in the next turn. This move does NOT take up 2 turns!
Hope: Revives a fallen ally with 5 HP in two turns. This move does NOT take up 3 turns!

Job: Trainer
Speed: 1

Moves:
Whip: Deals 2 damage to an opponent.
Retrain: Changes a party member's job to a job of the player's choice. (It's amazing how he can completely change how someone fights in such a short amount of time!)

Players:
1. Jmacrules (Team Valkyrie)
2. House (Team RAWR)

Jmac

I would like to join, however, I have a few questions:

1. Does defense only decrease damage by that value, i.e: A 3 damage attack would do only 2 to an enemy with 1 defense, and would do 4 damage to someone with -1 defense?

2. By piercing defense over 0 on the archer class, wouldn't that mean that this attack hits 2 damage always (excluding negative defense)? This may be an error.

3. Let's say I'm using a priest. I heal my teammate who is at full health for his turn. The priest has the same speed as the opposing teams assassin who is obviously going to target my teammate. Would the enemy's attack strike first and then HP would be healed, thereby nulling the attack? Or would my heal be wasted? Please clarify on the speed stats.

Sorry if my questions weren't clear, I just wanted to know some things before I make a party. By the way, my party name will be "Valkyrie"(spelling?) if you would like to add it to the list.

11clock

Quote from: Jmacrules on September 23, 2011, 11:12:48 PM
I would like to join, however, I have a few questions:

1. Does defense only decrease damage by that value, i.e: A 3 damage attack would do only 2 to an enemy with 1 defense, and would do 4 damage to someone with -1 defense?

Defense decreases by the value. An attack with the power of 3 will deal 2 damage to an opponent with the defense of 1.

2. By piercing defense over 0 on the archer class, wouldn't that mean that this attack hits 2 damage always (excluding negative defense)? This may be an error.

Yes, it will always deal 2 damage, unless the opponent defends or a damage altering buff/debuff is applied to the archer.

3. Let's say I'm using a priest. I heal my teammate who is at full health for his turn. The priest has the same speed as the opposing teams assassin who is obviously going to target my teammate. Would the enemy's attack strike first and then HP would be healed, thereby nulling the attack? Or would my heal be wasted? Please clarify on the speed stats.

The Priest's healing move, Pray, is delayed for a turn. In this scenario, the assassin will strike first and the healing will take affect next turn. This is probably not what you're asking about, so here is how speed works. The unit with the higher number goes first. If multiple units have the same speed, I draw names to determine who goes first. If 2 party members of your own team have the same speed, you can decide who goes first.

Sorry if my questions weren't clear, I just wanted to know some things before I make a party. By the way, my party name will be "Valkyrie"(spelling?) if you would like to add it to the list.

Jmac

Alright, thanks Clocky. I guess I'll post my party up:
Team Valkyrie:
|_____________________|
Also, have you considered allowing us to not act one turn for a speed bonus/initiative next turn? I have a strategy that may fail miserably, but this would help.

EDIT: Just realized it said 3 party members, fixed.

11clock

Quote from: Jmacrules on September 23, 2011, 11:50:33 PM
Alright, thanks Clocky. I guess I'll post my party up:
Team Valkyrie:
|_____________________|
Also, have you considered allowing us to not act one turn for a speed bonus/initiative next turn? I have a strategy that may fail miserably, but this would help.

EDIT: Just realized it said 3 party members, fixed.

Not acting to increase speed is in consideration.

House

Ill have a shot at it even though ill probably lose any way
1.Halt archer
2.House warrior
3.Darren priest
Team RAWR

11clock

Quote from: House on October 09, 2011, 04:29:15 AM
Ill have a shot at it even though ill probably lose any way
1.Halt archer
2.House warrior
3.Darren priest
Team RAWR
Added.

We only need 2 more people!

11clock

Just a note that I'm still willing to host this game. To those who have already signed up, please clarify if you're still in. Summer Break is approaching, and that should be a good time for this game.

Jmac