News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stat Reset

Started by Manamy, October 31, 2013, 07:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manamy

Hello,

i just wanted to know if it is possible to get a Stat Reset? As i heared the last one is very long time ago and it would be very nice to get the chance to do it again, just once?

Titan

I don't know how much effort this would take/if this would require some sort of time intensive update, but I'd totally be on board for this assuming its one of those like press a button and it happens things.

If not I understand, more work to be done on V3 and what not.
Livin' in a lonely world.

jackel1994

He has made it more than clear that there will be nothing touched/updated within the game itself.

Manamy

yes true but i thought a stat reset would not be in the category "Update / Changes"
Sorry if i was wrong

Magebolt

even being able to buy a Stat reset for like 50 000 or something that would make it a bit easier for meuin to install
http://teno.boards.net/

Just started a 2D Platformer MMORPG with Killer Loader called " The Endless Night Online"

crozier

Eh, the thing about stat resets is if their was a tourny or pvps, everyone would just switch to a more powerful, less personalized build. Competitive pvp would break if you could change your skill points willy nilly. It defeats the purpose of pre-planning and sacrificing (ie tanks have to have 1agi the entire game, which must be super annoying/ stuff like that).
Like, some people put a lot of effort into leveling obscure accounts like pure int, vit, or any variation of 1str, and if everyone could reset their stats to that pure int, isn't that person's hard work wasted? Everyone would just level pure str, because we all know how fast it took trogdor to go from 99->100. Everyone would be pure agi during the Christmas events (except for the lower level players who wouldn't be able to get a single present because of that).
I don't like being a buzz kill, but you have to look at the consequences for changes like this.

Manamy

Thats not what i meant with this topic.
I was talking about everyone logs in and has all his stat points available. Just 1 time, not at a shop or so.

Lucifer

Quote from: crozier on November 01, 2013, 10:42:11 AM
Eh, the thing about stat resets is if their was a tourny or pvps, everyone would just switch to a more powerful, less personalized build. Competitive pvp would break if you could change your skill points willy nilly. It defeats the purpose of pre-planning and sacrificing (ie tanks have to have 1agi the entire game, which must be super annoying/ stuff like that).
Like, some people put a lot of effort into leveling obscure accounts like pure int, vit, or any variation of 1str, and if everyone could reset their stats to that pure int, isn't that person's hard work wasted? Everyone would just level pure str, because we all know how fast it took trogdor to go from 99->100. Everyone would be pure agi during the Christmas events (except for the lower level players who wouldn't be able to get a single present because of that).
I don't like being a buzz kill, but you have to look at the consequences for changes like this.

Hey long time no see Crozier! Hm, I'd have to agree with you on the subject of stat resets having the potential to cause a feeling of "wasted effort" in those who have poured hours into fringe builds.  I think that stat resets having the capability to destroy character uniqueness (the "personalized build" that you mentioned) is one of the more solid arguments against the concept and probably one of Meiun's many reasons for never implementing it.

However I can't say I agree with your opinion on stat resets' effect on competitive PvP. I wonder how the capability to change your skill points "willy nilly" would cause competitive PvP to "break"? I would appreciate clarification on this.  I also question the necessity of defending a games' demand for "sacrifice," I don't personally see that as a positive aspect to this game other than, again, using it as a means to prefer one statistic over another and thus encouraging the creation of a unique account; alas I don't see how this effects competitive PvP. 

@Manamy, I usually see arguments for/against repeatable stat resets, as you said there hasn't been cause for global stat reset since the vitality nerfs pre-donor server. I think the concept of a single stat reset holds to some of the same arguments as it being repeatable, for example back then many players dumped all of their new stats into agility after the reset which angered a good amount of players who had put a lot of time into their agility accounts. I wouldn't actually agree with that argument because I never bothered to put myself through the suffering of leveling an agility account, but, there you have it.

I certainly wouldn't be against it, but something I fail to see is what would be achieved with a single global stat reset. Why do you want it? What purpose would it serve that making a new account wouldn't already? Is it perhaps that you do not enjoy the grind and want to reset your character without having to invest time into a new account? How would one stat reset stop this from happening again? If you wouldn't mind answering  these questions it would assist me in gauging where your head is at and thus allow us to theory craft your idea some more.

Manamy

no, im grinding though for trying a new Build. But since i have a very old Stick, what was also my first and i messed up his Stats it would be lovely to be able to still play him but at the moment he is nothing but useless and i think thats a shame :/

crozier

@ Luci- let's say I am in a tournament and will be battling you. For the most part, slasher builds trump spire builds and slasher builds lose to tanks (not always but you get what I'm saying about the triangle). So, you see that you will be versions me, and you change your stats to a pure tank to utilize an inferno or lsb. Under these new circumstances  you would be able to easily switch to a countering build to take down your opponent. What's stopping you from doing this in between rounds, when you see you will be versing me? It makes it a one sided fight if the opponent doesn't want to switch their stats (allowing you to go for the easy counter).
As for the sacrificing, I was just trying to say "you can't have it all."

@Manamy- That's too bad... Good luck with your new account. As for your original intent, I'm not sure how many people would enjoy a server wide stat reset. I dunno about that...

ASD!

Just sell them for 500,000 gold.