News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Fight Game Revival RULES DISCUSSION

Started by 11clock, March 24, 2014, 06:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

Last Traditional Fight Game: http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2461.0

"And so after the destruction of the Fight Game universe, the almighty Theskyisgold created a new world for fighters from across the cosmos to battle it out. Permission to create some of the new lands was given to the winner of a competition that was held a while back..."

Anyways, let's get to the point of this topic. We are finally changing the rules for the next Fight Game series! We first had the original series in the Stick Hangout, then we had the Return series, then the RPG series, and now I give you...

FIGHT GAME REVIVAL

This time, we are going to change the rules. I would like some discussion on this, which was the whole point of me making this topic. I would like to make some proposals to start this off.

1. Remove stat numbers to make character imbalances less obvious. Introduced in Fight Game 3 (from the original series), these will be removed in favor of a new stat called "Health." This stat is where you put the physical condition of your fighter. Another stat called "State" will also be implemented where you can place the behaviors and emotions of your character. So here is the new look of the status page:

[u][Name][/u]
Health: (Examples: Healthy; Weak; Broken Left Arm)
State: (Examples: Angry; Conflicted; Happy)
Items: (Items that are equipped must have an (E) after the name)
Allies: (List of partners)

2. This is less of a rule and more of a request. Let's try to focus less on fighting NPCs and more on fighting other characters. Players who join for chatroom PvP will leave when they see everyone else minding their own businesses fighting enemies that they made up themselves. I admit to doing this in the previous traditional Fight Game.

3. Fight Game 3 introduced the "anti-godmodding" rules. You know, the whole "don't be an overpowered douchebag" stuff. I would like to just make sure that everyone knows that while it's okay to make yourself more powerful over time, you should never reach the "god" status. I... sort of did that last game as well.

4. New players can make themselves about as powerful as the other active players when they first enter, to encourage new players. If you aren't a new player but haven't played in a while, you can make a new, more powerful character as well so that you can keep up with the "overall player strength."

Please discuss anything else that you can think of and what else could make Fight Game Revival better than the previous installments.