News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Transistor

Started by Jmac, May 23, 2014, 06:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmac

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while :o! Anyways, I'd like to recommend this game to anyone who's on the fence/hasn't heard of it. It's from the creator's of Bastion, so after hearing that, I instantly picked this game up.

Let me tell you, it does not disappoint. The game's atmosphere and narrative is very engrossing, and its combat system is equally enthralling. Skills can be mixed and matched for wildly varying results, and the game as a whole just continues to feel fresh and exciting, even after a few hours of play. I've read that there's a New Game+ after the conclusion of the story, and I can't wait to experience all the new content!

In conclusion, 10/10 do get! That is all, discussion welcome!  :P

ToxicDuck

I looked at some gameplay videos, and it looks really fun. I'm broke right now though, next time I get a bit of spare money, I'll pick it up :). Thanks for posting though, I doubt I would of found out about it if you hadn't posted it.

Turkey

I also bought it a few days a go. The artwork and music are great, although it seemed pretty short (I think I beat it just short of 5 hours.) but I have not started newgame + yet.
I felt with the combining of skills it didn't change the effect of the skill enough for any cool Ratchet and Clank-esque results, but still worked pretty nicely.

Lucifer

I purchased Transistor when it came out, but thus far I haven't actually gotten around to finishing it. I loved the style, these guys definitely know how to make a beautiful game. The mechanics were cool too, however my only beef was that although the game encouraged swapping between your abilities often, it felt very clunky to do so. In part this was due to the complexity of every ability capable of augmenting every other ability, but I feel as if they could have designed the system in such a way that you didn't have to click through the menus so many times in order to begin experimenting with the combinations. I think this is really the sole reason I haven't completed the game yet, it wasn't that frustrating, but it was enough for me to get distracted by other games. I never did finish Bastion though, so say what you will about my attention span.