News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Where are you now in life

Started by scsox, July 28, 2017, 06:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scsox

Hey Everyone, I was just curious where everyone is in life now? I know that I started playing S.O. when I was 11 or so and now I am 22. I studied Mechanical Engineering at University and now I work full time as an engineer in the aerospace industry.

This is a place where you can post your life updates, what you have accomplished, and what you are doing now!

God-I-Suck

glad to see this topic, i'm very curious about you guys lol

currently 21 and enjoying this summer after finally getting my Associates of Science Degree! planning to transfer to University of Washington for Computer Science. in the meantime i've just been working and hanging out with friends. haven't been playing video games much lately at all. miss you guys <3

JoEL

Hi, I still lurk these forums. I remember us trolling each other a bit Scsox  :P

It would seem a lot of us here have pursued an IT based future GIS :)

I'm 24 now and engaged. My job status went like this:

• Studied software development
  • Got offered a position as a tafe tutor from one of my teachers
  • Took up the offer then later became a tafe teacher teaching software development and game development
  • Had to get industry experience (5 hours per year) to remain a Tafe teacher so the Tafe found a small business for me to obtain experience
  • Small business enjoyed my work so they offered me a casual position 2 times a week (I was working 3 days a week teaching).
  • After my contract at the tafe finished up, I got a full time position offer at the small business.
  • I'm now a full-time junior software developer

I'm still taking part in the indie game development scene. I've been working on my own personal 2D MMORPG for the last 3 years and I'd say it still has at least another 3 years of development. I'm about to purchase my very first home with my fiancee, so I'm super excited. Enjoying life!

Looper

Agreeing with GIS it's really nice to see this post. I started playing when I was 14 and I'm now 21.
Currently working as a automotive technician lol. I wish the server would go back up cause I'd love to play again. I've just basically been living a normal life working saving up to move out and going to school on the side to get my ticket. Occasionally checking in on this forum it's good to see a few old members still active and waiting patiently. Meiun if your there, lurking, let us know how you've been doing! You must be done college by now  ::)

Titan

I always lurk from time to time just to see whats happening with everyone!

I started playing SO when I was 13, currently 24 and working in a factory, hoping to go back to school at some point,but I'm not sure for what.
Just got my motorcycle license and a z650 so I've been working on my dank wheelies!
Sadly I don't really game as much as I used to, I just don't have the time, sometimes it sucks growing up.

Been awhile since I've really talk to any of you guys, so much has happened since we first started playing haha. I've been trying to travel while I'm young, I went to Alaska when I was in high school, Florida 2 years ago, and Colorado last year. Hoping to get the chance to go see the west coast some time in the next few years, and maybe Europe after that!

Glad to see you guys all doing well, I really miss playing with all of you! We should plan some night when a bunch of us are free to hop on discord or something and play some games!
Livin' in a lonely world.

Azza

Nice to see you guys are doing well!

I started playing just before I turned 12, and now I'm currently 22, so it's been a little more than 10 years since I started playing. :o. Brings back memories of rushing home after school to grind for a GS lol.

Currently, I'm studying a bachelor's degree in IT centred around programming, however I'm currently doing a paid full-time internship as a technician at a high school for the year. It's fairly stressful at times but the diversity of skills I've learnt from it, from server management to web development to project management, is worth it IMO. Kind of crazy to think that S.O. is what led me down this career path.

On the side, I've been producing music for a few years now. Recently I've been remixing in the trap and future bass genres. It's pretty rewarding to finish a project, and hearing my friends talk about it, but I don't plan on doing it for more than a hobby.

Haven't really been gaming much this year as I don't really have much time these days. I tend to stick to the weekend to play games, and even then it's either Dota 2 or Overwatch.

I'm happy to see some familiar names in this thread already. I look forward to hopefully seeing more posts in the future when I lurk here next time.

TheRobert

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Started playing SO when I was younger. Now I'm older.

I lay in the sun all day on the weekends trying to get this whole photosynthesis thing down.

So far I've gotten the whole take in sunlight and CO2 portion. Just gotta figure out how to produce my own glucose and stuff. It's looking good so far however.

Oh and I got E-4(USAF) like two weeks ago. (6 months early) @ 22 Months TIG/24 Months TIS. 2 years down, 4 years to go on this contract. Still haven't been anywhere cool. Chose the wrong AFSC for that--Cyber Systems Operations. I used to maintain servers on a network. Now I maintain one server and like 100 client devices, managing an application the maintainers use to access tech data.

It's embarrassing how close I am to my Associates and still don't have it.

I smoke cigarettes like a chimney.

Life is good. Would be better with SO, just sayin ;)

Matty_Richo

Great topic!

I'm about to turn 23 (Started playing SO in 2005 so about half my life ago). Studied Communications and Theatre and graduated last year. Currently working operations management for a big fashion company here in Australia (I have literally no sense of fashion though). I'm hopefully about to move into a more dedicated communications role within the company.

I'm about to buy my first house and am planning on proposing to my girlfriend in the not-too-distant future.

I also spend too much money on Magic the Gathering.

krele

Glad to hear you're all doing fine, nostalgia kicks in big time haha!

I started playing around 2005. There are maybe 3 ways any of you may actually remember me, either as a guy with first GS drop, a tourney finalist, or as a general dipshit that got banned for hacking the game.

Ironically, shortly after I was done with college I found a job in field of programming and security. After 2 years I wasn't satisfied with where I was, so I decided to start freelancing as a video-game programmer. I've been doing it for around 2 years now and I really couldn't be happier with my decision. My life sort of revolves around work nowadays, so I don't have a lot of time to play games anymore, really wish I could hang out and chat for a bit with people I've met here like I used to. It's a shame we all left MSN, right? :P

I remember most of you though and I get reminded of my experiences within this community multiple times each year. I could spend hours just writing names of the people I remember playing this game with, even though we lost touch maybe almost 10 years ago. This game and the community was impactful in terms of me growing from a troubled teen into a proper adult, it's something I'll treasure for long time to come.

Jexiur

Hi everyone! I miss the quality time I spent with a lot of you. It's been about 11 years since I started playing. I'm now 25 (26 before too long) and married. I have a wonderful wife and two step-daughters. And possibly a child of my own on the way (we're hoping). I've been working at a car parts factory for almost 3 years. The work's easy (for me) and I make decent money doing it ;D I've considered schooling through the company to become a lab tech or major in business. I don't game much anymore, but I must say that Pocketown currently absorbs a good amount of time in my life lol. Glad to see so many people still poking around the forums. Much love my SO brethren!

Jackabomb

I'm 22 now. I think I started playing SO around 2007, so I would have been 13. Let's see. I'm still in college. Almost finished with a degree in Computer Engineering. I have 1 semester left after this one. It's a great deal, but I am really ready to be done. School just tends to grate on you, y'know?

I work as an undergrad research assistant, doing embedded programming for marine wildlife dataloggers. We're looking into the feasibility of solar-powered underwater dataloggers. Fun stuff! I'm the primary only developer of the software suite that runs on the microcontroller of our device. I get to develop firmware and stay close to the hardware. On top of that, I get to think about all kinds of questions that don't normally crop up in program like, "What if the seal carrying our device gets eaten?" (We shrug and call it a loss - nothing we can do.) I make decent money too, at least for a college student (13/hr).
Major thank you to Scotty, who helped me set up my first Linux box 8 years ago. Tinkering with Linux and learning about how computers work under the hood is what got me into this field.

I helped make a game called Earth Overclocked with 11clock and some other guys under the studio name Chronicle Bench! That was a great experience. Made some money too! Not that that was necessarily the primary goal, but it is nice.

I, too, don't have a whole lot of time for gaming these days. I often feel like the gaming world has left me behind while I just checked out for 4-5 years for university.

Logan286

Hey everyone,

I've written and deleted this a couple of times, because it always ends up a melodramatic mess of me pouring my heart out.

I was quite young when I started playing this game. I must have only been about 9 or 10 years old.
Those years were quite formative for me as a young kid, and I owe a lot of who I am today to Stick Online. Not only my interest in computers, but the interactions I had with others, both good and bad (plenty of people got fed up with me at the time), were invaluable social interaction for a lonely kid.

I'm currently in my second year of study in Electronics Engineering. I almost picked software, but I wanted something more internationally accredited in case I want to go work over in the US. That seems to be the place to go if you want to make it big.

Not many of you will remember who I am. I used to go by Loganvz, a name which I try to distance myself nowadays because it separates the before-and-after portions of my life. This game is very important emotionally for me, it represents a very happy time of life, full of new experiences and exploration.

To Meiun, and all others who helped make this game what it was, thank you.

Tekken 5 Master

It's unfortunate what happened with this game as it had a lot of potential. I always say, Stick Online was released on the wrong platform at the wrong time. Had it have been released on the mobile platform (Android, iOS) in the early 2010s, the creator could now be a multi-millionaire. Like most people, I've pretty much moved on but do occasionally check back on these forums once or twice a year. I too started playing around 2006 - 2007 as "th3_natural", it was a very popular game back then, fun times. I still think someone should bring the 2.0 server back online at least, just for the novelty. Nearly all of the original players are at that age and stage in life now, where they have too many commitments, i.e. work, family etc. It is what it is, life goes on and people move on.

P.S. If anyone wants to have a laugh, my old freewebs site is still up, walkthrough and all. http://www.tekken5master.co.nr/ or http://www.freewebs.com/tekken5master/.
Th3_Natural's Stick Online Walkthrough

crozier

Hey everybody. I remember pretty much everybody who posted here! Guess that's a testament to the community.

My real name is Zack, by the way.
Life's been good the last couple years. I hope you all have been doing well, too!

I've been working at a vet clinic for more than 4 years now. Let's just say it has had its fair share of good and bad experiences. It's nice cause I can pretty much make my own schedule to work around my game design/ music projects.

There was a year or two when I first started college where I was lonely and unhappy, but I'm glad that is all behind me now. I met a bunch of cool people through game design classes (my school didn't have a game design program, but I think I was able to spin my art degree around it. Ended up being the V.P of the local games lab, this little game dev club, and after me and the president left the club kind of fizzled out). I still have a lot to learn, but I can at least say I am a decent sound designer/ composer and know the basics of 3D modeling. I don't have a career in it, yet, but I'm doing local indie projects 2-3 times a year. Got a game jam two weekends from now, looking forward to it! This year was big, too, cause I went to my first game development conference (GDC in San Francisco). Had a great time, met a bunch of people, and went to, like, 5 parties in a week. And I am by no means a party person! But it was an excellent experience.

I quit MMOs for good, and ended up getting sucked into the competitive smash brothers scene, hah (project M, in particular. It is a more balanced/ faster version of Smash Brothers Brawl). For me, it's better. I'm not quite as antisocial as when I was playing online games, I travel (usually a state away to Texas or Arizona) to go to tournies once a year, plus the community is great. I think playing SO might of been one of the reasons why I like competitive fighters, at least that's what I'm thinking. Although I play less and less nowadays cause I've had a creative itch.

I've been driving to make music, the last couple years. Although, for the last 6 months, I've been pretty much at it daily. I hope to have something legitimate by the end of the year. It'll likely be a Darksynth/ cyberpunk EP, we'll see what happens with it! I've just started conducting interviews with Synthwave artists in my free time, so I can do something constructive for the scene (usually by doing mass additions to the wiki). There's a lot of things that people can do in newer music scenes, and I've found this.
If you're interested, I drop music/ post cool stuff every once in a while here:
https://facebook.com/Archizer/

Glad to hear a lot of you have been having great experiences with university, computer science, and engineering. It's funny that a bunch of you guys all have similar interests!

Dipz

Ayo. Ive never forgot about this game and have actually checked back a few times in past to see how people were doing. I dont remember if ive posted anything though. Ill try to be quick and somewhat to the point.
... Ok i just wrote alot and deleted everything i was gonna say because there being no point.

Anybody that wants to know whats been up with me or anything just message me on here for now. I dont really have any other way for yall to contact me and it took way to long to even remember my password lol. If i dont respond or something just assume i forgot it again or just assume whatever honestly.

But lemme say i miss everybody. I love yall to death and hope everyone the best.
P. S. Pretty sure i was one of the biggest trolls without realizing it or even knowing what that word ment.

Stay Safe. ❤️

Edit ageen: i went by the name of (-. -) or Dipz. Aka Face.
Another edit: i tried to look at some of my old posts to see what ive said. And pretty much i could only bare seeing a few before i couldnt read em anylonger. I really wish i could just delete this account honestly because i can see i was on way too many things i shouldnt of been on and shows me i really deserve everything bad thats happened to me. Drugs and drinking are whack and i wish i could take back so much but cant. Im actually sober now have been for atleast 3months or more. And dam is all i can say. I dont remember any of my posts or what was going on in my head or whatever, alls i could see was alot of drug and alcohol use. Very crazy drugs that seeing even just those few posts reminded me of some i was on at the time, i apologize so much. I really cant fix anything ive said or done, whether on this game and my whole life in general. Im just gonna leave it to show i was way too ignorant and out of my dam mind. Even on a dam game and this site.... Unbelievable. I basically just reminded myself even more how worthless i am and I let myself do these drugs and it is my full responsibility of everything ever. This was a bad idea. I apologize for anybody even seeing this post. Im sure my name just reminds people of how f***ed up others can be and act. Dam man.

And i wanna add that ive never forgot about somebody that hasnt been here with us for awhile and wont say name for reasons and out of respect. I miss you alot. And wish i could tell you so much too. Love ya man. ❤️