News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Will the game ever come back online?

Started by Looper, October 02, 2017, 12:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see SoV2 come back online?

Yes
8 (21.6%)
No
7 (18.9%)
Yes I would play alot
18 (48.6%)
Yes I wouldn't play very often
4 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Looper

I'm sure many of you are wondering the same thing but would anyone else really enjoy being able to play stick online again? Even just v2 not even V3 at this point, I think that if the server came back online we would maybe actually see quite a bit of players online. Anyway I'm just saying Meiun if your listening could you possibly get the v2 server up again? Lots of people would love to play it

Deo341

Probably not. v3's been "in development" for almost a decade now with no updates since 2011 I believe. I think it's safe to say this little project a college kid did in his spare time in the early 2000's is long past its expiration date.

Even if it did launch I highly doubt much would really come of it. The final 2-3 years of the old V2 server were pretty dead; seldom would you log in and not be the only player online. And most of the people that were a part of the old community are in their 20's/30's by now and have long since moved on with their lives. V3 would probably be dead on arrival at this point, to put it bluntly.

Kind of a shame, I always liked playing on Stick/Slime Online and the many 39dll clones people would make and share on the forums back in the day.

Logan286

I don't have any expectations that it will. I imagine Meiun has plenty real world responsibilities, and I know that I definitely wouldn't bother maintaining a decade old hobby project used by only a handful of people.

Still, I'm kicking myself for not getting that tiny last bit of experience to hit 100 before it all went down. I still check here often just in case, but it's unrealistic to expect someone to invest more time and money into something for nothing in return.

Taranut

I would like to know too. I want to play it again, do not know how long to wait.

fearmystick

I would really like to play again too. Maybe Meiun might be open to fixing the server issues if some people make donations to help cover the costs?

Crêpe

You can play an early access version of a Stick Online spiritual successor (Fantasy World) that's being hosted semi-daily: http://play.fantasyworld.online/

Feel free to join and check it out.

You can also join our community here: http://fantasyworld.online/forums/index.php

Supercowy

I'm not sure whether someone here still remembers Blox-online I created in 2015? I still have the files, and I could set up a dedicated server as money is no longer an issue now that I have a good salary. PM me if you are interested, maybe we can start up the servers and get Blox running again.

ussyless

Quote from: Supercowy on January 31, 2018, 05:31:07 AM
I'm not sure whether someone here still remembers Blox-online I created in 2015? I still have the files, and I could set up a dedicated server as money is no longer an issue now that I have a good salary. PM me if you are interested, maybe we can start up the servers and get Blox running again.

I remember it actually haha, would love the nostalgia trip