News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Delicious on September 19, 2009, 02:03:50 PM

Bumping this, since I need suggestions to improve it, and it looked as though it just got ignored..  :-X
I can't quit put my finger on it, but something in the walking animation doesn't really flow right. It kind of looks like it is twisting its legs together. Then again, It's probably cause it doesn't have that many frames (not that that's a bad thing) or I'm looking at it too hard (much more likely) :P.

It would be nice if it's swayed it's weapon very slightly, just for some realism.

The arm hold the trigger is a bit wide.

It looks pretty fine to start with, but since you want some suggestions I just had to be a bit picky cause it is very well made.  ;)

Edit: Now that I've quoted it, I can see that you have left one frame white rather than transparent. Or perhaps it was meant to be the other way around.

Delicious

Yea, that was an accident..  :P I tried "swaying" the weapon, but if I had done it any other way it would be a really large gap considering how small the sprite itself is.. but I agreed with more motion, and had tried to do it anyway and done it the ever most slight way possible.

I'm unsure if I like it like this, since he looks really demanding.. Though, it does toughin' him up. Also, the frame count is 6, which is usually used when doing a walk-cycle, so I'm unsure how I could go about fixing anymore frames with the legs since it is accurate to a frame-by-frame walk..  
And with the arm/hand holding the trigger, I had tried narrowing it down but I don't seem to enjoy it as much, since my style has large porportions and it's something that I really would hate to change..  :-[
I appreciate the suggestions, and hopefully more could flow in so I could really improve this darn thing.
<3

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Delicious on September 19, 2009, 02:03:50 PM

Bumping this, since I need suggestions to improve it, and it looked as though it just got ignored..  :-X

Kinda looks like he's doing the grape vine cause his hips never move... lol

Delicious

Ah, lol. Well, not sure how I could visibly move the hips other then giving it a strong line from behind to indicate movement.. however, I could move the torso a bit, if that helps..

I think I may like this one best so far. Anything else?
<3

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Delicious on September 19, 2009, 05:01:33 PM
Ah, lol. Well, not sure how I could visibly move the hips other then giving it a strong line from behind to indicate movement.. however, I could move the torso a bit, if that helps..

I think I may like this one best so far. Anything else?
Well, now it looks like he is masturbating the gun. I think you should keep the front hand still, because when I use my air soft gun and run with it, I always keep my front hand VERY steady. Other than that looks good.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Delicious

Haha.., Well, I can assure you that is not what he is doing, rather he is rotating his body from side to side along with the gun.. I just cannot angle the hand correctly to give signs of that.  :P
- better?
<3

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Delicious on September 19, 2009, 05:58:05 PM
Haha.., Well, I can assure you that is not what he is doing, rather he is rotating his body from side to side along with the gun.. I just cannot angle the hand correctly to give signs of that.  :P
- better?
I think you should make the gun a little smaller...cause now it looks kind of like its enlarging and shrinking. It's an improvement from the above though.

Also I have a couple hand drawn drawings I've made...but my scanner is being a douche.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Delicious

I really can't fix that, it's just something with how you look at it. You seem to not be able to capture the depth, and only see it as it being flat from the side..  :P
Once I paint in the weapon(s?), I will add some shadow to it to help show that it is moving from side to side, rather then scaling itself.
Anyways, I will be working a great amount with this character as well as several others for practice and fun.  ;D

<3

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Delicious on September 19, 2009, 09:39:58 PM
I really can't fix that, it's just something with how you look at it. You seem to not be able to capture the depth, and only see it as it being flat from the side..  :P
Once I paint in the weapon(s?), I will add some shadow to it to help show that it is moving from side to side, rather then scaling itself.
Anyways, I will be working a great amount with this character as well as several others for practice and fun.  ;D

Lol...don't blame it on your sprite...blame it on my ability to not see depth XD. Seriously though, it's fine, I'm just being picky.

Delicious

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on September 19, 2009, 09:48:22 PM
Lol...don't blame it on your sprite...blame it on my ability to not see depth XD. Seriously though, it's fine, I'm just being picky.
I like picky.. :)
It's really not your ability to see depth, it's the flatness of the weapon since it is a solid colour and nothing more. Others could see it differently, and thats nothing to be blamed for. I appreciate your suggestions, and I will try and fix it.  ;)
<3

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Delicious on September 19, 2009, 05:58:05 PM
- better?
I can see the depth, it appears to be "shrinking" cause it's moving away from you, and it gets "larger" as it gets closer to you. It looks awesome.  ;) Great Job.

Delicious

Thank you. Feel free to post your own work at anytime, guys.. This is not really just for me, but for everyone who is looking for criticism.

Is this convincing? It's a shot gun animation.

And I did a ever so slight adjustment to the weapon in this walk cycle...

Crouch and shoot..

More to come..  :)
<3

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Delicious on September 20, 2009, 01:14:12 AM
Thank you. Feel free to post your own work at anytime, guys.. This is not really just for me, but for everyone who is looking for criticism.

Is this convincing? It's a shot gun animation.

And I did a ever so slight adjustment to the weapon in this walk cycle...

Crouch and shoot..

More to come..  :)
They look really smooth and nice how they are now, but I just added some extra stuff that might enhance them a tad bit.

Some pump action would be nice (the hand not on the trigger would cock the weapon), perhaps a few ejecting shells. For a more exaggerated effect of recoil from the shotgun you can make it so that while its firing have it lift it's front leg up and it's whole body tilt back with the weapon.

Ceroblitz

Mr Pwnage