News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Current V3 Development Status

Started by Meiun, August 28, 2013, 06:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

Current Development Status: Temporarily on hold

What does temporarily on hold mean? It does not mean that the game is in any way canceled, or even that I am any less passionate about the creation of V3. It doesn't even mean that I'm not working on things at all lately. It means that based on how slow development has been progressing (on average) over the last year or two, it simply does not make sense to consider things in active development (key word active). You can all rest assured that I am probably more frustrated by the slowness of things than anyone, and that I will probably also be the most excited person when the day finally comes for V3 to be released. But due to a number of factors related to life and a busy job (also as a programmer), things have just been extremely slow lately.

Even having made the declaration that development is "on hold," that does not mean that I will not work on things if I am able to (I managed to get a tiny bit done just a day ago even). It just means based on the way things have been going lately, I wouldn't expect any real progress updates anytime in the immediate to near future. Hopefully this slow development progress will change in the near future, and I will be sure to update this topic once it does.

Development is at sort of a crucial point in which it is very hard for me to just work on things a little bit here and there. It is at the point where in order to progress to the next stage, I really need to be able to sit down and power through a number of big things without having to break up the thought process too much. Otherwise, I feel I would risk compromising the quality of things (something that I refuse to do). Due mostly to busy schedules as well as a stressful and mentally exhausting full time programming job, I simply have not been able to find many opportunities to power through this stuff. Once I do, I will likely be able to work on things in smaller efforts again, and I imagine things will progress quite a bit faster at this point.

Single handedly programming an entire MMO in my free time, as a hobby, with no planned financial gain, is not a minor task. So I'm sure many of you can understand that a lot of the stuff that I am doing takes some serious time and effort. Doing this alongside a full time job that is also all about programming only makes things harder. But rest assured, Stick Online V3 is something I would never dream of giving up on.

DNH

Hey..
I wonder if you will Open it for Beta any day. But i hope something will happen soon..

DNH

Hey Meiun. How is it going? Do you have any news or maybe a list, what is missing so we can see what happened and maybe how long you guess it will take?

Greets

havok

Quote from: DNH on October 29, 2013, 12:32:01 PM
Hey Meiun. How is it going? Do you have any news or maybe a list, what is missing so we can see what happened and maybe how long you guess it will take?

Greets

The whole point of this topic was to tell us that development is really slow now and to not expect news updates anytime soon, and you just posted asking for a news update? I don't mean to come off rude just remember this is his hobby its not like a company is making the game. Enjoy v2 being open to everyone in the mean time.

Sam|9801

Just wondering, is v3 still on hold?

Freeforall

Meiun

Yes, I would still consider it on hold more or less. I have worked on a number of things (development wise) since I created this thread, but things are still slow enough in general that I do not want to update the status at this point.

Freeforall

Quote from: Meiun on January 17, 2014, 04:55:20 PM
Yes, I would still consider it on hold more or less. I have worked on a number of things (development wise) since I created this thread, but things are still slow enough in general that I do not want to update the status at this point.
I see. Well, I'm glad to see that the server is public again, I think it's a good thing. You stated that it was only temporary, but that was back in October. Is it permanent now?

Meiun

Quote from: Freeforall on January 19, 2014, 06:20:05 PM
I see. Well, I'm glad to see that the server is public again, I think it's a good thing. You stated that it was only temporary, but that was back in October. Is it permanent now?
The public registration for the V2 donor server is still not entirely permanent. My stance is basically that I do not have any issue keeping it going as long as things continue to go smoothly. If things happen that for whatever reason becomes a large burden to keep public for either myself or Danimal I may consider turning off public registration.

Freeforall

Quote from: Meiun on January 19, 2014, 07:39:26 PM
The public registration for the V2 donor server is still not entirely permanent. My stance is basically that I do not have any issue keeping it going as long as things continue to go smoothly. If things happen that for whatever reason becomes a large burden to keep public for either myself or Danimal I may consider turning off public registration.
That makes sense. Thank you! :) I hope things are going well for you both.

House

Quote from: Meiun on January 19, 2014, 07:39:26 PM
what about assigning a few more GM's to help?

Jexiur

Quote from: House on January 20, 2014, 01:01:17 AM

I'm pretty sure that'd be work for Meiun, which is what he really doesn't need.

TheRobert

Quote from: Jexiur on January 20, 2014, 03:30:39 PM

Or would it be preventing him from having to do MORE work? :o

Jexiur

Quote from: TheRobert on January 21, 2014, 04:20:03 PM
Quote from: Jexiur on January 20, 2014, 03:30:39 PM

Or would it be preventing him from having to do MORE work? :o

Touche, Robbypoo

Ceroblitz

There is a difference between a GM and developer, and at the moment, the active community is fine as it is with one active GM (in game), as it is small enough.

However, development pertaining to the game is handled by the developers (me, Meiun, and Venuse). We all have a considerable amount of work above us before development, as much as I'd like to work on V3.