News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Is Stick Online dead?

Started by BlenderMAN, August 02, 2014, 11:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToxicDuck

Quote from: Forum on September 12, 2014, 05:47:43 PM
SO is dead just logged in and the latter happened.

-snip-

When I log on, I normally stay on for an hour or two, and I seem to only run into two people or so the whole time I'm on =/. Right now it's pretty much dead, but don't think it is forever. It's happened more than once where activity was like this for a while, then activity jumped up again, then back down again.

I think the main problem is that people log on, see there's no one or barely anyone on, then log off right away. Then the process repeats to more people who connect, making a never ending cycle.

Forum

Quote from: ToxicDuck on September 12, 2014, 05:56:01 PM
Quote from: Forum on September 12, 2014, 05:47:43 PM
SO is dead just logged in and the latter happened.

-snip-

When I log on, I normally stay on for an hour or two, and I seem to only run into two people or so the whole time I'm on =/. Right now it's pretty much dead, but don't think it is forever. It's happened more than once where activity was like this for a while, then activity jumped up again, then back down again.

I think the main problem is that people log on, see there's no one or barely anyone on, then log off right away. Then the process repeats to more people who connect, making a never ending cycle.
Paradox.
Officially quitted

Lucifer

I don't play Stick these days, however I still love to use the game as a chat service occasionally. Is there any chance we can give everybody global chat? It sucks having to walk around for 5+ minutes, more on low agility accounts, just to find afk people. ToxicDuck & Forum described that self-defeating cycle of logging in only to find nobody to talk to, a portion of that problem is simply the energy/time it takes to find the 1-2 people in the game, wherever they might be. I know it's been suggested tons, any chance of this happening Meiun?

ToxicDuck

Quote from: Lucifer on September 20, 2014, 03:28:03 PM
I don't play Stick these days, however I still love to use the game as a chat service occasionally. Is there any chance we can give everybody global chat? It sucks having to walk around for 5+ minutes, more on low agility accounts, just to find afk people. ToxicDuck & Forum described that self-defeating cycle of logging in only to find nobody to talk to, a portion of that problem is simply the energy/time it takes to find the 1-2 people in the game, wherever they might be. I know it's been suggested tons, any chance of this happening Meiun?

I'm in for this idea, it's a thought that has crossed my mind before. I think however global chat coming from normal players should be a different color, I could see the abuse potential it might have for impersonating a GM to new players that aren't familiar with the team. Other than that, I don't see any downsides. I'd also like your opinion on this Meiun.

Meiun

I'm typically pretty opposed to the idea of a global chat in MMO's. It deters from the overall since of immersion into a world. It is rarely used for anything game related, but rather trolling and discussions with people you may not even end up playing with ever. It also deters people from needing to explore/adventure as much.

Given the current state of the game, I do understand how it could be quite useful. However, I am not sure how much I want to compromise and turn V2 into something I never intended for it to be just in order to squeeze a tiny bit of extra activity out of it (I already disabled open pvp a while back, against my better judgement). I also did not really intend to be updating V2, especially to change core game mechanics, even if it is a somewhat simple change.

If I did make any change, it would probably only be usable when there was a very low number of players online.

ToxicDuck

Quote from: Meiun on September 22, 2014, 09:24:18 AM
I'm typically pretty opposed to the idea of a global chat in MMO's. It deters from the overall since of immersion into a world. It is rarely used for anything game related, but rather trolling and discussions with people you may not even end up playing with ever. It also deters people from needing to explore/adventure as much.

Given the current state of the game, I do understand how it could be quite useful. However, I am not sure how much I want to compromise and turn V2 into something I never intended for it to be just in order to squeeze a tiny bit of extra activity out of it (I already disabled open pvp a while back, against my better judgement). I also did not really intend to be updating V2, especially to change core game mechanics, even if it is a somewhat simple change.

If I did make any change, it would probably only be usable when there was a very low number of players online.

I do agree that in a normal circumstance that it would deter from the game, but with the current state of the game I don't think it'd really take any integrity out of it or anything like that. I really like the idea that if it was implemented, it could only usable with a small amount of players online. Perhaps if there was under 5 or so players online. It would make it so players don't have to really explore as much, but when there's so little people on, exploring isn't fun anymore, it just feels like a giant chore. Everyone who plays now knows where all the areas are, so seeing that there is only one or two other people on you just have to guess where they are, and do the chore of walking there especially on a very slow account.

When there's a decent amount of players on, you know when you get to the destination it's likely you'll find people to play with. With how little people play now, there's less of a chance you'll find people, and even if you do, then there's the large chance that the people you find are afk. I know the game is no longer in development, so even if you don't do it, I really appreciate you giving thought to it.

TANK

if you do happen to do any updates, you should add that open pvp back along with it, so when there's 2 players online im hunting them down literally.

ToxicDuck

Quote from: TANK on September 24, 2014, 11:29:50 AM
if you do happen to do any updates, you should add that open pvp back along with it, so when there's 2 players online im hunting them down literally.

Right now I wouldn't want open pvp personally. Back in the day it was fun because it gave you motivation to train, and it also had it so you could be attacked walking around the world at any moment which was fun.  Now with little players I think it would be work that would have a very small gain if any at all.

Unless when meiun disabled it, he made it super easy to turn back on, like just commenting out a snippet of code that enabled it. Then it wouldn't really require any effort, but even if that was the case I still don't think it would make the game more fun in any significant way. Since everyone that plays now is pretty much the max level, I never had a problem just hitting p and swinging at someone to start a fight.

I dunno, maybe I'm alone in that opinion haha.

TANK

Yeah I dont think it would change or help much either. I would just be great to be able to smack guys like gufi around when I find them sitting somewhere afk until they acknowledge me.

igufed

Quote from: TANK on September 25, 2014, 02:23:26 PM
I would just be great to be able to smack guys like gufi around when I find them sitting somewhere afk until they acknowledge me.

Rude.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Lucifer

Quote from: igufed on September 25, 2014, 04:09:29 PM
Quote from: TANK on September 25, 2014, 02:23:26 PM
I would just be great to be able to smack guys like gufi around when I find them sitting somewhere afk until they acknowledge me.

Rude.
rude*

DNH

Well,

its almost a year that i logged in the last time, maybe even more..
Stick Online was a game made for hundreds of player, which meiun had active since the stupid close which made all the player leave this game. The Fact, that ppl had to pay to get this game back made a comeback even harder and now, even that accounts are for free, ppl wont come back since the old player found something new, got a new hobby or whatever.. New player arent coming since there is no one online, no support, no updates etc.
What im about to say is that this game is kinda not made for 5-6 Players, Huge bosses are made for 10 to even 100 like SG, but since there is no change in this game there isnt even any point for me why i should come back. Hitting an SG for hours n Hours without being able to do anything in RL because u cant Rest at Wall i think its just stupid.
I can understand meiun that he doesnt want to change his game now just cuz there are almost no ppl but i can even more understand ppl not logging in. But Since there is just no one else playing it could be nice for all of the other player to get just a "perma Event" like EXP and Drop Rate increased by x even though i know this will never happen as i can see not even opening a world chat is possible..
Also the HP from Bosses wont be decreased so, coming back to the Topic Question,

Yes, for me SO is dead.

*sigh*

Greetz

Fisuman

Maybe a halloween event with open pvp.. Could be interesting with more people :-P

KrazyMotha

A Halloween and Christmas event combination with open PVP would bring back more people ;D specifically me! A frosty land with Pumpkins and Snowmen... that is exactly the kind of adventure SO needs :P

bubba

kind of offtopic but i don't see the reason to make a new thread- anyone still have the old old old forums link that still floats around?

nvm found it http://z7.invisionfree.com/Stick_Online/index.php?s=23c1a06879932449acb202dcaca10fb8&act=idx