News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

The Fight Game RPG (WINNER: MYSTERY)

Started by 11clock, September 01, 2010, 11:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

This is a spin-off series of the Fight Game, but this time I'm making it an RPG. That means choices and whatnot. There will still be fights, but I'll be controlling them. Also, you won't be given a map to make things more interesting.

Here is how it works. I am letting up to 6 people to join this game. To join post below your character's description. You can only start with clothing. Your character can't be over-powered and must have at equal strengths and weaknesses. No invincibility but weak to kryptonite crud, makes it to hard to damage you. Make the pros and cons equal! The format for your character is below:

Name:
Description:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:

The game is played like this. I'll randomize the turn order and you will first take turns choosing your starting point. There are 12 different areas to choose from.

-Plains
-Forest
-Cave
-Mountains
-Desert
-Lake
-Snow
-River
-Canyon
-Island
-Ocean
-Town

Only one person can start in each area. Some areas will start empty, but still will be explorable if you find them. You won't be given a map, so it will be hard to find the other players. This makes things interesting.

Each turn I'll give a list of choices to each player, and each player will take turns choosing what he want to do. After everyone chooses what they want to do, I'll post the results. You can post what you want to do in any order you like, but the results will follow the turn order. For example, person 1 and person 2 engage a battle. Person 1 goes first in turn order, but person 2 picked what he wanted to do first. Person 1's action will take part first. In some occasions though, both players go at the same time in the results.

The objective of the game is to find all 4 elemental crystals hidden throughout the different areas. In order to win you must have all 4 crystals, meaning to get a crystal from someone else you must hurt him enough to make him drop the crystal. Each crystal gives the holder unique abilities.

You are not allowed to make a choice that I didn't give, and you must follow the guidelines of the game.

If you want to join just post below with your character information. Once we have 6 players the game will start!

Players:
-Jackabomb IX
-Jonathan Flame
-Sir Albert Masson
-Leandro Angland
-Kualsky Hanther
-Ntertain

EpicPhailure

Name: Cain Erok
Description: Cain is a young boy at the ripe age of 15, and enjoys daydreaming. He is a practitioner of magic, and likes to think he is gifted and powerful. However, in truth, Cain is actually below the somewhat lenient standards of the magic academy he attended back in his homeland. It wasn't a secret that he's low tier either. Nonetheless, he likes to brag and boast about his 'abilities'. Cain is athletic, but does not have as much muscle as he would like. Thankfully, the magic academy couldn't care less about physical shape. He has a little bit of criminal skill in him from his younger days, but they have more or less stayed with him throughout his life.
Strengths: Magical combat, Creativity, Improvision, Nimbleness, Theft
Weaknesses: Physical combat, Endurance, Overconfident, Little to no survival skills

I figure Endurance and the lack of survival skills makes up for the 5:4 strength-weakness ratio more than Creativity and Improvision adds to it.

tehrozzy

Name: Jonathan Flame
Description: "Johnny" Flame was orphaned during a freak housefire, killing both his parents and his sister. Since the age of 3, Johnny was obviously fascinated with fire. He loved it, and it was a well known fact he was a mini pyromaniac. Everyone thought he would grow out of it, but as he got older it got worse. He started his own fires and almost burnt down the orphanage several times. Due to his nature it is speculated that he himself set his house on fire all those years ago. Once he got kicked out of  the orphanage for almost burning it down yet again, he had no choice but to take on the streets. He is now 17, has been living on the streets for two years, and as long as he has a couple of rocks or sticks, can set just about anything on fire.
Strengths: Great with fire (knows how to do just about anything possible with it), Calloused Hands (less heat sensitive), Over Average Hand-2-Hand skills
Weaknesses: Not very fast, no education at all (lacks most planning skills), has a large burn section on the left side of his chest (aka weak spot)

11clock

You're both in. I'll add you to the list.

Mystery

Quote from: EpicPhailure on September 01, 2010, 11:25:04 PM
Name: Cain Erok = Kainerok
i c wat u did thar

Eh, sure. Why not. ...Also, I doubt that you're going to get 6 people for this, 11.

Name: Sir Albert Masson
Description: Sir Albert Masson, who insists he be called by his title, is a very successful, if not temperamental, knight in service of Her Majesty. He is the 'upper crust' of society, but his personality is off-putting. He was trained by his father, who died when Albert was 10, in the art of masonry. Albert seemed to be a genius child, who wanted to explore and discover everything there was to be known. His mother shaped a large part of his personality, through her drinking habit and extreme cruelty. It is speculated that she only married Albert's father to obtain a portion of the Masson's wealth. He had an older brother and sister, who were always mean to Albert because his father only paid attention to him, ignoring the other 2 children. His father's death, followed by his mother's death via binge drinking, and his older brother and sister abandoning him in the orphanage because of their jealousy and great hatred of Albert, quickly turned him skeptical and bitter at a very early age. Through his great intellect, he managed to become knighted by setting up an arson and saving a large number of the populous. Thus, he became a great disciple and was trained in weaponry. He continues to pursue knowledge, but uses it of his own accord, and although he currently serves the Queen, he has always had dreams of a revolution.....
Strengths: High intellect, photographic memory, very nimble, weapons experience, improvision, masonry, survival skills
Weaknesses: Hand-to-hand physical combat, overconfident, incredibly stubborn, permanent scar on stomach region(weak spot), bad eyesight without spectacles(20/250 vision), short temper, bitter, somewhat untrustworthy, immoral, power-hungry

Added more Weaknesses because personality traits don't balance out much against everything else I put. Plus, it's a part of his personality.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

11clock

Might reduce the required amount of players to 4, though I would like more than that.

Mystery

Let me correct myself. I highly doubt you'll get FOUR players for this, simply because this seems like a big pain is the arse to set up and play, due to all the rules and restrictions and red tape and junk. People usually get turned off by that in a game. ...Or you could get one of your bros, to play, either way. Simply put, if you expect 6 people to join this, it will most likely die.

11clock

Quote from: Mystery on September 03, 2010, 04:50:36 PM
Let me correct myself. I highly doubt you'll get FOUR players for this, simply because this seems like a big pain is the arse to set up and play, due to all the rules and restrictions and red tape and junk. People usually get turned off by that in a game. ...Or you could get one of your bros, to play, either way. Simply put, if you expect 6 people to join this, it will most likely die.

The rules aren't that complex. I give you choices, and you choose one. Your next options depend on your previous choices.

But yeah I'll see if I can get one of my brothers to join.

HamsterPants

Quote from: 11clock on September 03, 2010, 05:20:40 PM
The rules aren't that complex. I give you choices, and you choose one. Your next options depend on your previous choices.

But yeah I'll see if I can get one of my brothers to join.
I'm gonna have to agree. The game is pretty straightforward, it's just up to 11 to keep running it.

Anyway, it looks a lot more solid than the last one, so I'd like to play it.

Name: Leandro Angland
Description: Leandro Angland is the son of a rich noble family, his father is a high ranking officer of the military and has trained him in the use of sword and bow heavily over the course of his life. However, Leandro is no longer a child and has grown much more aware of the dealings of aristocracy, as a result, and due to his increasing resentment of politics, he often takes hunting trips alone into the wilderness in order to relieve his stress.
Strengths: Swordsmanship, Bowmanship, Survival Skills, Bowyery & Fletching
Weaknesses: Lack of planning skills, not very sympathetic, can't swim, and is reckless

RayRay

Heh, my first post, friend. Mainly due to the registration problems. I can keep up with this now since it's my 2nd home page. Anyways, here's my character.

Name: Kualsky Hanther
Description: Young boy at an age of 10. He is young, but rough and tough. He is able to lift a 200 lb. tree from 3 months back. He is seeking revenge to the killer of his father. (that is a certain someone here ::) ) The person had set his house on fire when someone pushed him into a winter dive on a lake. However, for the most part, he is kind and gentle. He also dreams of being a mighty swimmer. He can hunt near-adult octopus. But he had bad times of fire.
St: Physical Attacks, Cutting Weapons x2, (however it is uncontrollable uncontrollable, so bad accuracy) Swimming Attacks
Wk: Magical Attacks, Pushing, (lol) Fire, Ice

By the way, I am NOT 10. I am older than that just so you know. Also I see Mystery here. Sup, Mystery!
I will also Modify my profile later on. So keep playing, peeps!

tehrozzy

Quote from: RayRay on October 05, 2010, 07:00:39 PM
Heh, my first post, friend. Mainly due to the registration problems. I can keep up with this now since it's my 2nd home page. Anyways, here's my character.

Name: Kualsky Hanther
Description: Young boy at an age of 10. He is young, but rough and tough. He is able to lift a 200 lb. tree from 3 months back. He is seeking revenge to the killer of his father. (that is a certain someone here ::) ) The person had set his house on fire when someone pushed him into a winter dive on a lake. However, for the most part, he is kind and gentle. He also dreams of being a mighty swimmer. He can hunt near-adult octopus. But he had bad times of fire.
St: Physical Attacks, Cutting Weapons x2, (however it is uncontrollable uncontrollable, so bad accuracy) Swimming Attacks
Wk: Magical Attacks, Pushing, (lol) Fire, Ice

By the way, I am NOT 10. I am older than that just so you know. Also I see Mystery here. Sup, Mystery!
I will also Modify my profile later on. So keep playing, peeps!
Hahaha not suss at all xD
My guy likes fire, and set fire to a house once....
i wonder.... xD

Jackabomb

How, in the name of all that is logical, reasonable, and orderly in this world, do you, 11clock, against all odds, continually bring this thing back?!?!

Mystery

Quote from: Jackabomb on October 05, 2010, 08:32:31 PM
How, in the name of all that is logical, reasonable, and orderly in this world, do you, 11clock, against all odds, continually bring this thing back?!?!
Because you people continuously bump the topics containing them.  :-\ Just let them rest in peace.

11clock

We have enough players now. Let me add you all in and we can start.

EDIT: Pick your starting places everyone! Post in this topic so others will know which places have been taken. The following turns you must PM me what you want to do, but I will publicly post the results here. Let the Games begin!

RayRay

Quote from: YayForLife on October 05, 2010, 07:57:15 PM
Hahaha not suss at all xD
My guy likes fire, and set fire to a house once....
i wonder.... xD
Heh, but at least I'm on Mystery's weakness. I'm running from Jonathon Flame while I chase Sir Albert Masson! :o