News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Cars

Started by HamsterPants, October 26, 2010, 01:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamsterPants

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STICK ONLINE FORUMS
CAR DISCUSSION THREAD

...Because the last one is old, and only about what car you had.

So, my idea for this is to make it more general. I'll start.

I currently own 2 cars.
They were both given to me as gifts.

The first one is this VW '68 Beetle that I got for my 16th birthday. I haven't fixed it yet(not that I don't want to, it's just that my dad acts like a prick whenever I try to work on it).

It has a VERY nice paintjob, but it was starting to rust when I got it.

Here's a better view of the epic front fender.

And that's the back. As you can see, the engine block is missing, as well as the apron and fenders. That's because I need to install the wiring harness, it's actually not complicated at all, this car is just way too simple... I have all the parts I need to get it running, though it won't look so pretty.

My other car is a '95 Nissan Pathfinder. Very reliable vehicle, I love it to death.

As for cars that I drive:

VW New Beetle, I may buy it off of my parents if I want to.

And then there's my mom's Dodge Caravan that I take around a lot(because the New Beetle has a broken air conditioner).

And a car that I love but don't have...

2010 Chevy Camaro

DarkTrinity

Black '67 chevy impala.
That's the car I want :)

Ill post a pic later >_>

Seifer

Congratulations Hamster on having rich parents!

Lingus

Doesn't look like they're rich from the state that their yard is in. But I'm not judging... Anyways, how does having 2 relatively new cars make them rich? If they were actually rich, Hamster would be driving around in a brand new car. I've seen some 16 year olds driving around in mercedes, bmws, and hummers. That's having rich parents. The fact that Hamster is driving around in an obvious hand-me-down is evidence that his family is middle class. Which isn't a bad thing. My car is a hand-me-down Camry XLE.

T-Rok

Quote from: HamsterPants on October 26, 2010, 01:08:21 PM

And then there's my mom's Dodge Caravan that I take around a lot(because the New Beetle has a broken air conditioner).

Now thats what I call a MAV.

Seifer

Quote from: Lingus on October 26, 2010, 03:10:52 PM
Doesn't look like they're rich from the state that their yard is in. But I'm not judging... Anyways, how does having 2 relatively new cars make them rich? If they were actually rich, Hamster would be driving around in a brand new car. I've seen some 16 year olds driving around in mercedes, bmws, and hummers. That's having rich parents. The fact that Hamster is driving around in an obvious hand-me-down is evidence that his family is middle class. Which isn't a bad thing. My car is a hand-me-down Camry XLE.

Sorry, I come from a family that's below the poverty line, who doesn't even own/drive a car, so when I see a KID GIVEN two new vehicles, it's obvious what I would think.

HamsterPants

Quote from: Seifer on October 26, 2010, 03:21:37 PM

Sorry, I come from a family that's below the poverty line, who doesn't even own/drive a car, so when I see a KID GIVEN two new vehicles, it's obvious what I would think.

Believe me, my family used to be poverty, we weren't middle class until just a few years ago.
Regardless of the fact, my parents were very keen on spending money in the right places, for the past 12 years even though we were below the poverty line, it didn't feel like it.

I do like cheap cars though. I find something very enticing about their mediocrity, especially with the Camry, we used to have one of those.

The cars we first had when my parents got married were a 68 VW Beetle(not the same one) and a Geo Metro.
I don't remember what happened to the Beetle but the Metro lasted us for about 14 years before we sold it for a couple hundred bucks...
Shortly afterward, we bought the most reliable hatchback I've ever been graced to ride in the back of seat for years, the Chevy Aveo. We drove that thing cross country THREE times! The thing is way tougher than it looks, and we never had any problems with it at all. It wasn't until just last year that we traded the Aveo for the Dodge Caravan.

As for the Camry, we owned that when we lived in Greece back in 2006 since we couldn't take our Aveo with us.

Lingus

Neither of those cars were even remotely new. If you're referring to the two he said he drives, those aren't his. They're his parents and he occasionally drives them.

In any case, I just don't see how just because your family is poor that makes everyone else immediately rich. I personally don't assume anyone who lives like Hamster's family is rich, simply because they aren't throwing money around. Being given a free car is something completely different than being given a brand new car that cost 30k+. My first car cost $400 and barely ran. So because it was given to me that means my family is rich? At the time we certainly were not.

HamsterPants

Quote from: Lingus on October 26, 2010, 04:32:54 PM

Neither of those cars were even remotely new. If you're referring to the two he said he drives, those aren't his. They're his parents and he occasionally drives them.

In any case, I just don't see how just because your family is poor that makes everyone else immediately rich. I personally don't assume anyone who lives like Hamster's family is rich, simply because they aren't throwing money around. Being given a free car is something completely different than being given a brand new car that cost 30k+. My first car cost $400 and barely ran. So because it was given to me that means my family is rich? At the time we certainly were not.
No need to stray from the topic, I don't think Seifer meant it to that extreme, anyway.

My parents had nothing to do with my Pathfinder, that was given to me by a good friend from church. Nicest guy I've ever met, he gave me that car right before he moved away recently, so it's sort of a memento. I don't think I'll be letting go of it for a while, it should still be good for at least another 200k miles, and that's assuming that I don't maintain it regularly.

Lingus

Quote from: HamsterPants on October 26, 2010, 04:44:51 PMit should still be good for at least another 200k miles, and that's assuming that I don't maintain it regularly.
See, that is not the mindset of a rich person at all. I'd start thinking about a new car around 100k...

But yea, anyways...

T-Rok

This is the MAV I drive, its my mothers. Just hit 200k kilometers the other week and the second it hit it the driver side window stopped working. xD

This is MY car, its dead right now. Pontiac Fiero

This is my fathers car, dying clutch, but an amazing drive. Mazda RX7

My dream car.

Now, while it looks like a Lamborghini Murcielago, its actually a Pontiac Fiero with a body kit and a Corvette small block V8 engine replacing the Fiero's V6/V4(depending on the fiero version). It is about an $18 000 upgrade.

troyowns

Well I'm going to have to take pictures later... but my parents both own a Hummer, (my father a Black H2) and my mother (a navy blue H3) i was given a truck to begin with, but wrecked it within the month of receiving it, (I got rear ended by a friend trying to pass me which caused me to fly off road into a pole). I now have a 2006 Nissan Sentra.

T-Rok

Quote from: troyowns on October 26, 2010, 11:34:45 PM
Well I'm going to have to take pictures later... but my parents both own a Hummer, (my father a Black H2) and my mother (a navy blue H3) i was given a truck to begin with, but wrecked it within the month of receiving it, (I got rear ended by a friend trying to pass me which caused me to fly off road into a pole). I now have a 2006 Nissan Sentra.

There you go Seifer, your argument has value now. xD

Scotty

I win.

And to further fuel the flames of the pompous, and arrogant, I worked my ass off to get to where I am today, allowing me to reward myself with this.

T-Rok

Can't tell if you chose that picture or if thats the picture being displayed because the website the real picture is on hates hotlinks.