News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Cars

Started by HamsterPants, October 26, 2010, 01:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Quote from: Hikarikuen on October 28, 2010, 03:28:49 PM
I'm from a family of car people. During the summer my Dad drives a '68 Charger (because here in MN they put a ridiculous amount of salt on the roads in order to melt snow in the winter, which speeds up rust by a ton), and in the colder months a late 70's Impala. Meanwhile, I share a car with my Mom, a 1983 Oldsmobile Delta 88 - so yeah, going anywhere is lots of fun.

And for the record, we aren't all that rich either; when we restore cars we do pretty much all the work ourselves, only buying parts when necessary, and lots of them come from junkyards and get cleaned up. Pretty much any money my parents can spare goes to hobbies like this. I also help pay for gas when I borrow my Mom's car and pay for my own insurance (which is a significant fraction of my fast-food income), so I'm not really all that spoiled. Just very fortunate my Dad manages money well enough to get nice stuff.

And yes, our newest car is from 1983.

We also have 2 early 70's Chryslers (a Dodge and a Plymouth) that need restoring, and whichever one we finish first goes to me provided I do a lot of the work on it. I suppose my Dad figures he can only drive one car at a time and my Mom's not interested in driving a muscle car around haha. Almost definitely the most valuable thing (financially speaking) I will ever be given as a gift.

Also, nice car Scotty.

Can we trade parents?  All you're missing is the Cuda, and should you ever acquire one, I won't be asking to trade!  ;D

HamsterPants

Quote from: Scotty on October 28, 2010, 04:27:44 PM
Can we trade parents?  All you're missing is the Cuda, and should you ever acquire one, I won't be asking to trade!  ;D
Ahhh the Cuda...
My praise to that car.

DarkTrinity

Letsee here.
My mom drives a red Scion XD
My oldest brother drives a black Scion XB
Sister drives a black Suzuki Areo(sp?) with pink racing stripes.
My other brother drives a silver chevy cavalier (sp?)
My dad drives some silver shnazzy van which is a company car, mainly to carry all his equipment in. He also has an old red truck.
And he has a red convertible Chrysler LeBaron, which will probably be mine eventually..

Freeforall

Sorry to post on such an old topic, but.. I'm going to anyways.

Turns out my first car was NOT going to be the Volkswagen Jetta, but instead it's an old Nissan 6 Cylinder truck with 300,000 miles on it. It does not run very smoothly when it does manage to run, but it gets me to school and back! (So far.) The air conditioning only works on 'off' or 'arctic blast', but hey, at least it works. One of the cylinders is completely missing, causing the truck to shake like a massage chair. The speakers were torn out about twenty years ago, no idea where they are now. Stopping at a red light is always scary, because the truck threatens to die every single time. I think it used to have a radio. It used to be painted solid black, but the paint has slowly chipped off over the years, exposing the bare metal frame. In the back portion of the interior, there is a hole that shows straight to the outside of the truck. I'm not sure what to think about that. The tires could use a check up, or just a replacement.

Anyways, it's not perfect. But it's my first truck. I'll post pictures later, if I can get around to it.

ARTgames

I don't really have a car in my name, so I guess I don't have one. I use the cars my family has, mainly a 92 Toyota Corolla for work and school as a daily driver. We will most likely be retiring this car this year as its really in need of repair. They also have a 2011 Aveo5 that might end up in my name when my parents move. Those are all stock images but they are the same color and trim as the ones we own.

The car I want is a Miata of any year. In my case something from the 90s' will be most likely for me.

Quote from: HamsterPants on October 27, 2010, 07:11:06 AM
I'm sorry, but when it comes to corvettes, I acknowledge them as powerful cars, but I just hate the designs these days.
How do you feel about the new C7? For me I like it compared to its older models.

ARTgames

I did the thing I said I was going to do and got one of those small Japanese roadsters. I'm wondering if any of you all have anything new to talk about car wise.

SantaClaws

Right now I have a 1991 chevy Lumina euro sport LOL it was a cheap car and its actually really reliable.

Terrible on gas though takes about 80 bucks to fill
Looking into getting just a small 4 banger 2000 honda civic si though!

Something along the lines of that, I just need something that looks a bit nicer and is better on gas

Matty_Richo

Well since we're all bragging. Here is my car. 2004 Toyota Echo.

What a beast!!!

Lucifer

Ya'll ready for this?

do do do do

aw yee, das right

1984 volvo up in dis sheit

just ticked over 300,000! mr. volvo still goin strong

ARTgames

is that legit? thats really cool