News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

S.O PvP League [Unofficial]

Started by Danimal, December 30, 2010, 07:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danimal

Hey guys,

I introduce to you a new and improved PvP league website made by igufed and myself. This site offers you guys a place to quantify your efforts in PvP and compete with others at your leisure when tournaments are not on offer.

Site Features:

• An Elo Rating System: Which is a much more advanced method of scoring your wins and losses.
  • A leaderboard: Which positions each registered account in numerical ranking order (includes some useful statistics for each player).
  • Fight History: You are able to view a history of the last 50 fights in addition with being able to see any pending fights.
  • Who's online?: This page enables people to see any players active on the site within the past 15 minutes (helpful if seeking fights).

How it works:
Okay so, we've decided that the best way to run the site is to make it 100% moderator operated. Which means that all fights will have to be overviewed by/reported to a site mod. This is to ensure all fights are formal and to avoid arguments (who won, who lost etc.). Each player will need to request an account, either in this topic, through a site moderator's email or through this forums pm system. They will be given a computer generated password (which they can change once logged in) and will be set to go.

Once logged in, players will be allowed to challenge any registered account via the site's leaderboard. Each player will appear as a button on the leaderboard, clicking this will send out a challenge to that person. You may cancel this request anytime prior to them accepting it (or denying it). You must ensure that there are site mods available to report the result to. If you are concerned about any dishonesty/disagreements then simply request a site mod overview your match. Once you have fought that player, you must both fight 3 other players before you can fight each other again.

Everything defining a fight is entirely up to the players involved (using Hotkeys, hammers only etc.). However the fight must take place at the Arena.

You should check out the site's FAQs if you're confused about anything. However, any queries/issues with the site can be discussed here. Equally you may request for an account here. 1 account per person

Enjoy ;)

king

Aqua

Can the fight definition include best of 3?

Edit: Suggestions:
Challenges: can you be challenged by more than one person?
Profile pages: with recent matches/all matches- Sort by outcome/player/rank/date, etc. Recent declines to show cowardice if there (This was inspired by my decision to avoid Dan ;)). Preferred/assumed dual rules.
Sort by win ratio. Just have another field that gets updated as usual with match uploads, not too hard on coding or processing.
Customizable picture (mod approved of course).
Also, owned accounts with optional inventory/stats.
~Aqua

Danimal

Quote from: Aqua on December 30, 2010, 07:47:33 PM
Can the fight definition include best of 3?
~Aqua

It includes anything the two players fighting agree on.

Lucifer

Quote from: king on December 30, 2010, 07:44:01 PM
ok ummm...how do we sign up?
You sign up by contacting a league moderator through email or private message via these forums (not a stick online moderator, mind you, this is unofficial), and requesting the account name you want. The moderator will sign up your account, and provide you with an autogenerated password which you can change once signed in. The league moderators as of now are; Igufed, Danimal, Ceroblitz, Prosper, and myself.

EpicPhailure

Lucifer

Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 30, 2010, 08:14:47 PM
Wasn't Scotty working on this?
Scotty was working on a PvP League, but since he hadn't updated his progress in several months Igufed and Danimal decided to create their own version.

Celson

Ohhhh yees! Loved the orginal PvP League and I will most definitely love this one  ;)

Thanks very much for creating this  :D

Soo can one of you good gentlemen sign Celson up?

Turkey

So, if I have a sign in as Turkey, can i have separate fights with my two accounts Maple/Shampoo?

Danimal

Quote from: Turkey on December 30, 2010, 09:12:03 PM
So, if I have a sign in as Turkey, can i have separate fights with my two accounts Maple/Shampoo?

Yeah, you basically fight under one name.

Grim_Reaper

I would like and account
Grim Reaper
and how are u going to tell me my accout details and shizzles?

Grim_Reaper -> lvl 78
Teh_Ninja    -> lvl 34
FL0P           -> lvl 51

Danimal

Quote from: Grim_Reaper on December 30, 2010, 11:59:51 PM
I would like and account
Grim Reaper
and how are u going to tell me my accout details and shizzles?

I've sent you a pm of the details :)

Grim_Reaper

{i sent a pm back about a fight}

Grim_Reaper -> lvl 78
Teh_Ninja    -> lvl 34
FL0P           -> lvl 51

Celson

I think you should make it so if a user challenges another user with the same rank, and the user declines, then that user should lose some rating equal to a loss. It wouldn't add to the users losses, but he/she would still lose the rating. And the challenger would not gain any rating due to the fact that he/she did not actually win the fight.

Let me put this into an example to clear it up....

How it is now

Celson (me ;)) is currently ranked 2nd on the league, Celson is ranked dagger. Igufed is also ranked dagger but his rating is lower than Celson's. Igufed challenges Celson to a fight to attempt to gain 2nd place on the league. But however Celson says "Ahh yeah I'm a chicken wuss, I know I'll lose, I humbly decline ;)". So Celson is still ranked higher than Igufed even though Igufed could easily conquer Celson in a fight.

How it should be

Igufed challenges Celson to attempt to gain 2nd place on the league. Celson says to himself "I'm gonna lose rating if I decline, but if I accept I might still win. Heck I'll do it, I accept!".

Keep in mind that rating loss from declining will only apply if both users are of the same rank. If Danimal with his short sword rank challenges Lucifer with his punch rank, and Lucifer chooses to decline, then he won't lose rating for it.

If this is implemented, then Igufed can take his rightful place in 2nd position since I will be forced to accept. If I do decline, Igufed may not get his +rating, but at least he's that much closer to over taking me.

This will also persuade people to keep there fights within there own rank, since they will have a better chance of getting a fight.

Josh

It's a good idea but having fights that must be moderated ehh, could be spectated by a random person also registered in the league?  Idk,  anyways canyou sign xJosh up.