News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

DayZ Standalone

Started by Lucifer, December 22, 2013, 04:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

Heyo, I briefly mentioned the DayZ Standalone release in the Arma 2: DayZ thread, but I think this deserves its own thread. I've talked to a few people who are on the fence about buying the game, so I figured I'd take some screenshots while I played this morning & show you guys some of the beautiful things they've done with the game. I'm honestly thinking of saving up for a new computer just so I can play this with all of the settings maxed, as of now it's mostly medium or my computer blows up.

http://imgur.com/a/TJPAC

I'm extremely happy with the game so far, it feels like an alpha that I can truly playtest - not once thus far have I broken a leg in some aggravating way & been forced to crawl for hours, none of my loot has magically disappeared without eventually coming back (heh) and I haven't been turned into a chicken by hackers. The two biggest improvements for me is the fact that it only takes a few seconds to connect to a server, and zombies aren't the bullet-dodging glitchy mess they once were - in fact they're extremely smooth & well designed, and with a little more work on the melee system currently implemented they'll be really enjoyable to fight.

I'm excited to see what comes next, as of right now there's a good amount of content missing from the standalone that was in DayZ - Vehicles for one, that's a biggy, and animals. But the content that's in now is really neat, I'm loving the amount of customization you're given with your clothes as well as your weapon. To anyone still not sure - don't buy it! You've got to be able to accept the game as is & shrug off the bugs or you won't enjoy your purchase, I'm mainly here to say that this game has so much possibility & I'll be updating ya'll on its progress.

Titan

Lucifer and I were playing a bit tonight, and despite spending hours finding each other, then a long time hiking up to the northwest airfield, we both died in about 3 seconds.
Still the game is as fun as always. I think that once development starts moving forward more to the point where vehicles are added and there are more zombies on the map it will be truly better than the ARMA 2 mod.

Its not in perfect condition and still fairly buggy and lacking some features, but for an alpha its still incredibly fun. As Lucifer said, if you aren't sure or didn't play the standalone, its probably worth waiting until its seen a bit of work, to make your initial experience all the more enjoyable.
Livin' in a lonely world.

Freeforall

Why does this only have two replies? This game is fantastic. I bought it on Steam a while back, it's endless fun.

It is pretty buggy, but hey, it's pre-alpha. My computer is becoming outdated at this point, but I can still play on low/medium settings at 900p. My rig is:

GTX 560 Ti 1GB (OC)
16GB DDR3
i5 2320 3GHz

Oh, my Steam name is Talkashie if anyone wants to play.

ARTgames

I like the idea of the game but I'm wonder how development is going. I hope its still strong, if so I may check it out.

Tidus

I have to say, this was one of the best running simulators I have ever seen.

venuse

i saw some videos of this but didnt really feel like i wanted to play it

Freeforall

This is the topic that originally made me want to buy the game, for anyone still not sure:
http://imgur.com/a/XAHZL

DeamonClawz

I have been itching to try this game out for a while. I think I will in the near future. Hopefully my humble ol' rig can run it smoothly. Been very ambivalent concerning the matter but I think I've been boosted over the fence.

Jayce

I played for weeks (like 60 hours a week lol) when it first came out, but I've drifted off of it, as it is kind of boring to play solo.  And the bugs get me everytime and it pisses me off (though I know it's pre-alpha).

Anyone want to play together?  Just post your steam name and I'll add you and we'll go.  (can get on TS/Raidcall to make it easier).

Lucifer

I just purchased some new upgrades for my pooter after bending the pins on my CPU while dusting everything off... oops! On the plus side, now I can play DayZ Standalone without lag! Yaaaayyy! I need to get myself a new Mic as I seem to have lost my old one... but I would love people to play with, if there's anyone still around that's interested.

Titan

I still hop on a bit and mess around now and again, in the next couple of weeks I should start to have more time to play some games so I'd be down.
Livin' in a lonely world.