News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

54k ping and disconnecting with Windows 8

Started by aleksandher, January 10, 2014, 05:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aleksandher

Any advice on how to avoid this other than exiting programs and defragmenting drive? I am using Windows 8 but I run stick with vista compat and turned off sound which has seemed to help me stop disconnecting.. But I'd rather just completely resolve the issue.

Matty_Richo

I have been having similar problems running Stick Online on a Windows 8.1 laptop.
I am wondering if it is a compatibility issue as I have otherwise been using the same internet connection, same location etc as my Windows 7 computer.

Sam|9801

I have a windows 8.1 laptop i just got, i do dc during big spawns, but otherwise just occasionally. Is it the same for other devices you use?

gruE

I have the same problem either with a windows 8.1 laptop
grueffelo - 100
gruE - 100

aleksandher

well by getting advice from many other people what I have noticed is that it has seemed to help turning off the sound along with using vista compat so far. I have received much fewer d/c's like today I played for a good hour and didn't get 1, even with decent sized spawn groups (not as big as previously when I have many d/c's), but still okay. But if anyone has any other tips/advice please come forward o.O
It'd be greatly appreciated.
Thanks