News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Why I might not play Stick Online 3

Started by crozier, May 27, 2015, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeamonClawz

Very heart-warming to see all these familiar names. I miss you all dearly.

Like many others, I'm waiting, patiently and quietly. I stalk these forums time and time again.
And like many others, when V3 shakes its rear, I'll be swift to pounce.

I still have hope!

Beastmode

It's crazy to think I starting playing this game in 6th grade. I check the forums here and now but when v3 drops I will be playing. No doubt about that

Cactuscat222

It's cool to see so many people still around.

I still exist myself, for the most part! Apparently the last time I posted was back in 2013. Times have definitely changed though.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Snakeman

I suddenly remembered SO on a hunch (and I do this occasionally, I log into the game from time to time and hope to see people around but, alas, such isn't the case as of these days unfortunately) and popped into the site, and saw this thread so I just had to post and say that I am also planning on swinging by again once V3 kicks up.

I'm pretty much in the same situation as Pwnage; I've got a little more than a year left of my college career to burn through, and I certainly don't see myself touching SO much at all during that time due to how busy it will keep me with all the classwork and study time. However, once I have graduated and settled in somewhere with a stable job and such, I'll definitely be looking into playing V3 during my free time. I wouldn't mind having a few roundabouts with V2 and finally get my level 100, too, but... it's really quite a slog trying to tackle enemies, especially bosses, all by yourself.

I can't say the same for Wiggy and Jiggy though. Both of them have fond nostalgia of V2, but neither have expressed any desire in giving V3 a go. Hell, neither of them even bother using a computer unless they absolutely need to for work-related reasons.

Looper

Its funny, I remember being in grade 7 when my friend first showed me stick online, and now I'm 19 going on 20 starting my first year in college and I still find myself checking this forum from day to day. Its just something that was part of my childhood, a huge part in fact, so much so that when I think of when I was young, so many memories flood my mind about grinding seeing a BBB for the first time ever and being scared shitless. Theres always been one memory of when the "New Helm" that Chaos designed that dropped from the rock beast and nobody knew what it was, I remember him telling me it was purple with yellow polka-dots. I also remember being level 45 and getting that new helm the Dark Knight Helm, I nearly had a heart attack.

Anyway not to ramble but theres been many fond memories of Stick-Online and I am sad to see how much its died down I still log on occasionally to see whats going on, usually nothing much, but as for Stick online 3, I am tremendously excited to play it. I mean Stick Online will forever be remembered as that intensely addicting game with questionable graphics (no offence) that everyone seemed to love. I think Stick online has died, its obvious, but it will be reborn and shine brighter with Stick Online 3, a game that will have everything we whined and bitched about in Stick online 2!

A great part of this game is the community and I'm so glad to see the old members are still lurking in the shadows just waiting, I myself have been lurking under another username (Explanation for my single post) just waiting in silence. I feel that the majority of the old community members will come back somehow they will hear about it through the grape vine, and our old crotchety community will intertwine with the young new hip audience that Stick online 3 will bring us. All in all I'm extremely excited and I will as I'm sure a lot of other players, will be waiting in silence in the shadows, waiting for that day... But until then, back to the shadows for me.

11clock

As much as my opinions on MMOs have drastically changed as of lately (meaning I may also not play SOv3), I still owe SOv2 for what it has done in my life. Back when I first joined, I was a game development newbie. I eventually made some small projects with the community here (particularly crozier and RayRay), created a decent tower defense fangame of SO, and got along well with the community here. I have a lot of fond memories. RayRay and I have become best friends, too, and have met IRL several times now.

Now I am part of a small indie studio, and we recently released our first project (after 3 years of blood, sweat, and tears) on Steam Greenlight!

You can find it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=463544000
Please help us get greenlit on Steam!

With self-promotion aside, I will miss this community. I don't plan on sticking around for much longer.

We can always try to find another game for this community to jump to while waiting on SOv3, though.

I do thank SOv2 and this community for being a lot of my inspiration for becoming an indie developer over the years! :)

ARTgames

Quote from: Meiun on May 28, 2015, 10:02:04 AM
If it helps any, I have planned on having a system that allows you to link your V2 account to your V3 account. Players who have linked a V2 account (created prior to V3) would have access to a special area in V3 that no other players can access. It would serve as an easy way for old community members to meet up, hang out, and find each other again. As well as possibly offer some other perks.

I'm sure that a large chunk of the old community may not return, but I would try to reach out and ensure as many of them as possible were at least aware of V3 when it eventually comes about.

Do you still have the SO 1 data? :)

Yankyal

Anyone here remember that other MMO an admin of this game released? It had like a giant bee boss, and a giant ice boss?

And then there was another one called like Night Online or something?

Jesus, where did the time go?
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Deo341

Quote from: Yankyal on May 03, 2016, 01:27:37 AM
Anyone here remember that other MMO an admin of this game released? It had like a giant bee boss, and a giant ice boss?

Squeebs was the one with the bee/ice boss. I don't think the admin of the game had any affiliation with the SO team.
JakeTheSnake who WAS affiliated with SO made Nightfall Online. Was pretty good but had no decompiling protection (or server authentication protection for administration powers), so people would just show up and pretend to be admins 24/7. I remember some guy pretending to be Jake held a tournament and gave me a dragon mount for winning.

sk8terboi

you talking about ravaged lands with the ice boss right?
[SSSS]

LeGuy

Hey everyone!
It certainly has been a hell of a long while... I doubt I'll even remember to check this thread to see if anybody replies to this post. Similar to most of you, I imagine, Stick Online is more or less just a distant memory for me at this point. Even though in hindsight Stick Online had some pretty ridiculous traits about it, I'll always remember it fondly. Some of the aspects that I would now consider flaws in the game (the large amounts of downtime, the unrestricted PvP) were also some of the game's best aspects, in a weird way. It strikes me as odd that a game about stick figures had one of the best online communities I was a part of, and was one of the more socially sophisticated MMO's I've played. In regards to the Always-On PvP, despite it being fully terrifying as a new player, it elicited a true emotional response. Being at the mercy of a higher level player was a real threat, it genuinely made you feel weak and powerless. That's the thing about the always-on PvP -- what's the point of being a high level if you can't wreak havoc with your power as you see fit? And further from that, you had the even-higher-level heroes that would then rescue the newer players, etc. etc.
Just to fully drive this point home, I'm sitting on the couch with my brother who also played the game -- he mentioned in regards to this subject, "Link2007, I will never forgive you." Point being, Stick Online gave its players the freedom to psychologically and emotionally scar each other for life. Frankly I think that's a pretty remarkable feat.
Anyway, this is barely even relevant to the topic at hand but it's just my thoughts about the game after sort of pondering it for many years after actually playing. Stick Online had its flaws but it has always remained one of my most memorable MMO experiences. I think this is the first time in years I've checked these forums, but if V3 ever gets released you can sure as hell bet I'll at least check it out.
And if not, then I suppose it's worth mentioning that you guys have always been a great community. That was sort of half the reason for the game's half-success, I think -- a really solid group of people that was always fun to chat with. The friendly community was always the thing that made the constant HP-regen downtime worth it -- the game was sort of a weird hybrid of grinding, action, and socialization. It had the rhythms of mundanity and eventfulness that is the marking of realer experiences -- rather than being constant, action-filled, cinematic artificiality, it had a sort of realistic slowness to it that elicited a sense of good humor among its players. I dabble somewhat in game design myself and I consider Stick Online to have many successful qualities, even if I believe many of those qualities were ironically enough the result of accidentally-good game design and technical limitations.
I'm really rambling at this point, but you know, whatever. Cheers, everyone, I suppose I'll check back in another few years if I get around to it.
Whee!

BlenderMAN

Oh wow!

The nostalgia is killing me!!!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/j6CTHXTHSo8/hqdefault.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7Z5JnzncnEh_3zFKTwVGzWy-UbIMpey4ngYjToM4-dC7yxs1wAg

http://borttappad.se/stickonline/othersostuff/SOscreen6.PNG

I had some of the best times in my life playing these games. There were a few more that I couldn't find pics for...

Tekken 5 Master

Since someone has already necro'd this one - GUESS WHO'S BACK?! Just popping in once every 1 - 5 years to say hello and see how SO3 is rapidly prog... oh nevermind. *Disappears back into obscurity*
Th3_Natural's Stick Online Walkthrough