News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Firefall

Started by Scotty, October 18, 2010, 01:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

Quote from: T-Rok on April 02, 2014, 02:43:43 AM
Good news everyone. Grouped with some of the devs to thump. Just talking well we thumped and my disappointment to returning to zero PvP came up. They told me it will be sooner than later and twice as good.

Edit: And by that I mean within one of the next 3 milestones of all goes according to plan. Which it never does. But hope is hope.
Any word on the possibility of open world PVP? It felt like such a missed opportunity to me for the game to have such limited, non-massive PVP when the game otherwise has a lot of open world/massive elements.

T-Rok

Quote from: Meiun on April 02, 2014, 11:55:53 AM
Quote from: T-Rok on April 02, 2014, 02:43:43 AM
Good news everyone. Grouped with some of the devs to thump. Just talking well we thumped and my disappointment to returning to zero PvP came up. They told me it will be sooner than later and twice as good.

Edit: And by that I mean within one of the next 3 milestones of all goes according to plan. Which it never does. But hope is hope.
Any word on the possibility of open world PVP? It felt like such a missed opportunity to me for the game to have such limited, non-massive PVP when the game otherwise has a lot of open world/massive elements.

Actually, yes. That's what I was getting at with "twice as good". Had to be a little vague to provoke some responses and increase interest! With how a lot of the text in game goes along hint wise, I believe the area surrounding Sunken Harbor will be the first area to implement the open world PvP for testing purposes.

Anything beyond this line was merely talk of possibility and not actually confirmed.

The idea that NPC owned factions could also own specific areas, players would join a faction, and then battle over areas (Think Planetside 2) the same way they do currently against the Chosen was also mentioned but they were still unsure about it. So no longer would you fight only the chosen, but now it would be NPC1 vs NPC2 vs NPC3 vs The Chosen. Which in turn could cause massive world events where the 3 NPC teams would have to group together to fend off The Chosen.