News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

READ BEFORE POSTING- List of ideas

Started by Aqua, June 24, 2009, 04:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

Please check here to see if your idea has been already suggested before you post. If it has, you might as well post there with your opinion/additions.
If you post a topic relatively close to a prior one listed here at the time, I will de-rep you and recomend that others do so too. Not all of the exact ideas are in the link names, but take the time to read those titled 'x/whose ideas.' I spent a lot of time  making this. Use it.
Items are linked, and alphabetized. Bolded items are popular; Italic items are implemented in some way. Red items are for SO2, blue are for SO3, orange items are both, navy blue (default) are not yet changed.
When you download Stick Online, there is a README. This contains help, as well as rules that YOU agree to when you run Stick Online.
USE THIS!
I am now leaving this topic open for discussion. I have no issue closing it again. I just got started on changing the colors.
~Aqua

EpicPhailure

What does cyan (Positive & Negative Bonus Hats) text mean?

Other than that, it's fantastic.

Riserva

Aqua

Quote from: EpicPhailure on November 28, 2009, 12:50:31 PM
What does cyan (Positive & Negative Bonus Hats) text mean?

Other than that, it's fantastic.
Ah yes, forgot about that. I wasn't quite decided on the colors while editing, and changed that before changing my mind, and removing that color code (deemed not worth it: Not sure which version it's for). I don't really have time to do research on what version these are for, however many of them there are. I'll probably get to color-coding the rest later.
~Aqua

ARTgames

Sorry aqua for reposing the running idea. I wanted to improve some things but i cant edit my first post.

Lucifer

Art, in my opinion this thread is retarded and unnecessary. Anyone and everyone should feel free to bring back old ideas to inspire more thought. Besides, do you really think any of the people who are Actually supposed to read this are going to? (Newbs) No, I doubt it.

Jake

Quote from: Lucifer on January 10, 2010, 01:48:40 PM
Art, in my opinion this thread is retarded and unnecessary. Anyone and everyone should feel free to bring back old ideas to inspire more thought. Besides, do you really think any of the people who are Actually supposed to read this are going to? (Newbs) No, I doubt it.
If you want to inspire more thought, post in one of the currently existing topics. Creating new topics for the same idea gets us no where fast, because they generally mirror any arguments or conclusions that were already brought up in the other topics.

On the other hand, it often works well to create a new topic of an older idea if the topic creator also includes a conclusion from the posts of the older topic. This allows people to continue the discussion with a clean slate instead of starting from scratch.

ARTgames

My older idea was different. I wanted to make a key that had the same speed then a running speed that would be the speed you go now.

This one is how things are now and a running speed that takes int. I did feel it was different enough.

I was going to take the topic i made and change it to this idea but i could not do to i cant edit my first post. People reading it might get misled.

So in conclusion its not the the same idea posted twice. Its just an idea with the same name and deals with in the same game mechanic. (moving speed)

edit:
Quote from: LuciferArt, in my opinion this thread is retarded and unnecessary. Anyone and everyone should feel free to bring back old ideas to inspire more thought. Besides, do you really think any of the people who are Actually supposed to read this are going to? (Newbs) No, I doubt it.

I don't care if you feel this thread is retarded. I did not even make this topic, so don't complain to me about it. 2ed this topic is pined to the top of I&S page. So its not like a bumped an old topic. And last i just simply posed in it to tell Aqua why i have 2 topics with close names so he wont yell at me. 0_o

Lucifer

Quote from: ARTgames on January 10, 2010, 03:01:46 PM
I don't care if you feel this thread is retarded. I did not even make this topic, so don't complain to me about it. 2ed this topic is pined to the top of I&S page. So its not like a bumped an old topic. And last i just simply posed in it to tell Aqua why i have 2 topics with close names so he wont yell at me. 0_o
Woah woah calm down buddy o.O. I was simply saying that you really don't need to apologize for reposting an idea.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lucifer on January 10, 2010, 04:31:35 PM
Woah woah calm down buddy o.O. I was simply saying that you really don't need to apologize for reposting an idea.
ok. i misunderstood your post then. im sorry.

Yankyal

How is it not useful? People can check to see if they're about to create an idea already posted 10 times.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Lucifer

Quote from: Yankyal on November 14, 2010, 11:23:31 PM
How is it not useful? People can check to see if they're about to create an idea already posted 10 times.
The point I was making, nearly a year ago, was that people should feel encouraged to post ideas, even if they've been suggested before. Maybe they have a different take on it, maybe they don't want to build upon a previous year old topic. In any case, nobody is going to scroll down this list every time they've got an idea, I certainly don't. Not that this post was ever updated, nor serves much of any purpose being stickied. The main point of it is to prevent ignorant people jumping straight from the register screen to the ideas page, and posting whatever idea bounced into their head, which tended to repeat. The problem with this preventative concept is, those types of people don't read stickies...

Yankyal

Quote from: Lucifer on November 14, 2010, 11:34:44 PM
Quote from: Yankyal on November 14, 2010, 11:23:31 PM
The point I was making, nearly a year ago, was that people should feel encouraged to post ideas, even if they've been suggested before. Maybe they have a different take on it, maybe they don't want to build upon a previous year old topic. In any case, nobody is going to scroll down this list every time they've got an idea, I certainly don't. Not that this post was ever updated, nor serves much of any purpose being stickied. The main point of it is to prevent ignorant people jumping straight from the register screen to the ideas page, and posting whatever idea bounced into their head, which tended to repeat. The problem with this preventative concept is, those types of people don't read stickies...
....Actually, that makes a lot of sense.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10