News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Just 2 players? NEW Forum Adventures (Day 2)

Started by RayRay, August 12, 2012, 09:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayRay

Update: The equipment section is added.

The return of Forum Adventures! This is related to the New Fight Game series for the beginning stage (11clock suggests this world could be an alternate dimension or after the New Fight Game, or between the New Fight Game RPG and New Fight Game). However that doesn't have to be done. The game is still almost completely player-driven with a few rule changes.

Overview
A map is generated randomly for you. If you go off the boundaries, another map is generated. You are more than welcome to do anything your character pleases. You can set your spawn point, you can discover towns, caves, dungeons, or artifacts, you can make your own set of spells and abilities (which have limits), you can make enemy species, you can spawn bosses, you can participate in having parties (pfft), you can control your plot of the story, you can even control (somewhat) other player's plots, and who knows what you can do! Unlike before, the game doesn't need a certain number of players to start; you can start right away at anytime in the game! Hamburger.
And like before, you can even become a boss to other players! The one limitation you have is that you can not form parties, which is actually quite a challenge.

Stats
When you create your character, you must specify your 8 stats in percentages. They must total no more than 800% (unless you are a boss character)! The higher the percentage, the more focused the statistic is. The percentages must also be between 25% and 625% (if you're a boss character, that number can be higher of course).
HP - Health Points. Can be decreased by enemy attacks. When this hits 0, you faint and are unable to participate in battles. If the party is down, you will wake up at the last town you visited (if you have not visited one, you will wake up at your spawn). This stat can be replenished by items, spells, and towns.
MP - Magic/Mana Points. Is used in powerful spells. If a spell does not have the required MP, it can't be used. This can only be replenished by items or towns.
EP - Energy Points/Stamina. Is used in almost everything. If an action requires more than what is available, it will use up the remaining EP and leach on your HP. Can be replenished by items, spells, and towns.
XP - Experience. Increases upon performing beneficial actions. When this hits the limit, you will level up and gain a certain amount of points on the rest of your stats and increase the chance of critical hits, which will also increase the limit. Can only be increased by beneficial actions. Raising the percentage on this stat will reduce the limit.
Str - Strength. Determines the amount of physical damage you deal. Can be temporarily increased and decreased by spells or abilities.
Agi - Agility. Determines the turn order, which can be pretty important at times (but not all the time!). Can be temporarily changed.
Mag - Magicity. Determines how useful spells are. I made sure I didn't mess this up, Mystery! Can be temporarily changed.
Rst - Resistance/Defense. Reduces damage taken, but also reduces enemy critical hits and increase evasion (though these are all not significant). Can be temporarily changed.

Special Stats
Charge - Ranges from 0 to 3. In every battle this starts at 0. The efficiency of your moves is 100% times 2 to the Charge+1 power. In other words, 100%, 200%, 400%, and 800%. There is half a chance of failure in charging from 2 to 3. Wonder what happens if you try to charge after 3...
Chain Attack - This used to be an Agate in the last one, so it's still here. For every user who uses the exact same action, this increases by x0.2. If Player 1 attacks, he'll do normal damage. But if Player 2 attacks after, he'll do x1.2 normal damage. And if Player 3 attacks, he'll do x1.4 normal damage, and so on. These all must target the same enemy. Any other action that affects the enemy will reset this back to x1.0. Same move, same target, different user.

Example Profiles
Warrior: HP - 175%, MP - 25%, EP - 175%, XP - 80%, Str - 200%, Agi - 30%, Mag - 25%, Rst - 90%
Magician: HP - 75%, MP - 175%, EP - 75%, XP - 100%, Str - 60%, Agi - 120%, Mag - 150%, Rst - 45%
Rogue: HP - 60%, MP - 90%, EP - 60%, XP - 120%, Str - 90%, Agi - 180%, Mag - 75%, Rst - 125%
Approacher: HP - 25%, MP - 25%, EP - 25%, XP - 625%, Str - 25%, Agi - 25%, Mag - 25%, Rst - 25% <<This guy will hit high levels pretty quick, but it will take a while for him to be actually good. He only needs 2 XP for level 2!>>

Equipment
Equipments can add an ability to yourself. They can also add stats which have a limit of 4 plus the level count you hold. In other words, you begin with 5 and go up. They can also reduce MP and EP costs by a very small amount.

Game Progression
The game is based on a 10 part Day and 10 part Night cycle. All actions must be sent or posted (in bold to make it easier for me) before the game can continue. If you are the only one needed and are at least 24 hours late, the game can progress with you resting (cheers to activity!). If you are late, you can change your rest action to something else, which will displease some of the players, so just don't be late. If all the players are PENDING chain actions, the game will progress shortly after the last section of day or night. And finally, if you are the only player and you haven't sent an action OR all of the players haven't sent an action, the game will of course not progress (take advantage of this if you want to wait for more players).
A battle is possible to appear after a minimum number of tiles traversed. Battles can also be player-started. Players can also spawn boss battles.

Story
The game is parallel to the New Fight Game RPG (just a note). But the story is COMPLETELY player-driven. There are no rules to the story, other than stop taking over someone else's POV. The story can end, but it's up to the players to see if they want to continue. New players, however, have the power to make the game not end.
As for events, you must specify what happens exactly to me, or else it will probably not turn out the way you like it.

Towns
Towns recover all your stats. There are now 6 types of towns, and they are Historic Villages, Stone Villages, Modern Towns, Igloo Villages, Futuristic Cities, and Spacious Cities. Spawn one and see what they look like!

Boss Character Note
You cannot form parties. You can only play alone. Also watch out. If you become a god-like unbeatable person, and I mean like to the really far end (6,000,000 HP, 10,000,000 MP, 500,000 Rst, an ability called UberHaxorOmniKill that kills everyone who is in the game), aliens will see how useful you are and abduct you. (in other words, you are banned from being a boss character again!) Other than getting rid of you, I don't have much control on your character's limits, so that should be fair enough.

Maps
The maps are redone. They are still 10x10, but 1) They look better, 2) They are more reliable, and 3) They are easier to use. Walk to spend a tenth of a day or night walking a hectometer or run to spend more EP traveling two hectometers. Dungeon maps can be up to 20x20, and each tile is equivalent to 5 meters. Dungeon maps are a lot different from your overworld or cave maps.

Rare Attacks
RA's are unique to your character. They have a low chance of appearing, which can be up to five times more powerful than your normal attack at the cost of zero MP! Wonder what happens if you save it for another's RA... RA's do have a timer, so if you don't use it in at least 5 turns it will vanish.

Finally, Agates!
Agates are phenominal devices that are found at the end of challenging dungeons and worthy bosses. This magnificant device can alter the gameplay based on if the players vote on it. If enough players agree to the modification, it will take over the game world and change a part of the game.

Examples?
(Note that this is not the final gameplay you will experience, the results will look much better than this. It's just to give you a feel)
P1 - "hurr we shud wlak souyth 2 B9"
P3 - "Maybe we could find a city there and heal up P4."
P4 - "Yeah, I'm really going to need it."
P2 - "Let's hurry!"
RayRay: "Alrighty! The party walks down to B6 when a random Huhboofafagoota appears!
P1 (lv. 7): 686/1035-32/66-345/1708-60/136
P2 (lv. 6): 1233/1825-40/40-1535/2256-38/142
P3 (lv. 13): 1007/1133-46/46-345/1434-52/55
P4 (lv. 7): 42/679-86/123-1084/1208-94/118
Huhboofafagoota (lv. ?): -0 HP"
P4 - "Aww, man. I'm dead."
P1 - "wtf is as hoofagootah thingy." (lol ok I'll stop, it's just fun to write that)
(meh, too lazy to write dialogue)
RayRay: "So everyone attacks! P4 attacks first! 186 damage! P2 gets a speed boost and deals a massive 480 damage! (massive in this game indicates critical hits. It's possible to deal a 'massive 0 damage!') He also gets a rare attack, you lucky [censored]. The Huhboofafagoota attacks P4 for 76 damage. Oh nuus! ♪He faints!♫ P3 attacks! D'oh he mist! P1 finally attacks after sipping his Infinitee Coffee and healing 25 HP! 207 damage!
P1 (lv. 7): 711(+25)/1035-32/66-339/1708-60/136
P2 (lv. 6): 1233/1825-40/40-1529/2256-38/142 - Rare Attack (0/5)
P3 (lv. 13): 1007/1133-46/46-339/1434-52/55
P4 (lv. 7): 0(-76)/679-86/123-1078/1208-94/118
Huhboofafagoota (lv. ?): -873(-873)" (hah, I found an interesting number after adding P2's damage)
P3: "Ugh, I was hoping to not use Donut Revive, but I guess I have to now." (lol I'm just making this interesting)
P2: "ABLBLBLBLLBLBLBLBLBLLBLL!!!!"
P4: "?"
P1: "Meh, P2 will use his rare attack so might as well defend."
RayRay: "P1 defends! P4 eats dir- lays down dizzy! The Huhboofafagoota uses Boohalafoota! Everyone's HP was equally distributed aside from P4! P3 spawns a green donut and stuffs it in P4's mouth. It was disgusting, but it gave him 170 HP nevertheless! P2 uses his Rare Attack, Star Zoom! P2 swings himself away from the battlefield and hits the Huhboofafagoota from behind within 2 seconds from around the world! It dealth 909 damage and killed it! Everyone gains XP, making P3 level up! P1 sips on Infinitee Coffee and gets 25 HP!
P1 (lv. 7): 1008(+297)/1035-32/66-344/1708-76(+16)/136
P2 (lv. 6): 983(-250)/1825-40/40-1529/2256-54(+16)/142
P3 (lv. 14(+1!)): 1010(+3)/1160(+27)-30(-16)/48(+2)-380(+41)/1454(+44)-13(+16)/69
P4 (lv. 7): 170(+170)/679-86/123-1083(+5)/1208-102(+8)/118"

How to Join
You simply send me your stat percentages and your spells, abilities, equipment, and Rare Attack. Once I verify that they are ok and give you the MP costs of your spells and abilities, you can submit your character name and description in the thread.

I am pretty sure I have forgotten to write something, but ask away if you have questions.
Also a map will be generated once someone joins. And maybe if you spawn from a distance, I'll make more.

11clock

Clocky, formerly known as 11clock, is a wizard who knows some basic time spells. Thousands of years ago, he shared a body with the Time Master, a powerful time wizard. He has suffered the most from the time distortions that happened over the years of the Old Fight Game, and he disappeared for centuries. He re-emerged several years ago as a baby, with his memory wiped. Since then, he was raised and trained by a dojo master who goes by the name Tusami. He was good friends with RayRay and Paradox, two other powerful fighters, at the time.

11clock learned that the Old Fight Game was about to collapse, and went with Tusami and Theskyisgold, a powerful warrior with god-like powers, to be a part of the New Fight Game. Several years have gone by since the fierce competition that was hosted, the winner being able to make the first piece of land in the new world. The winner has already made the first piece of land, and other land masses have been created since. However, the first piece of land hasn't been used for fighting; there hasn't been enough fighters yet for a proper battle there. For now, it's barren.

Meanwhile, hundreds of miles away, Clocky, who has recently renamed himself, is exploring a piece of land that was recently added to the New Fight Game by Theskyisgold. The god-like warrior calls this new area the "New Forum Adventures," whatever that means. Clocky is currently looking at the mouth of a cave, wondering what he can find in there.

Clocky
HP: 75%
MP: 125%
EP: 100%
XP: 100%
Str: 75%
Agi: 100%
Mag: 125%
Rst: 100%

Abilities:

Time Stab: Time is distorted at the target's position, hurting it. This attack pierces defense.

Protector's Shield: This move always goes first, but it can't be self-targeted. The target is protected by all attacks for the remainder of the turn.

Fast Forward: The target's agility doubles for 3 turns. This move can self-target, but it can't be used twice in a row.

Rewind: The target's stats are restored to the stats that it had the previous turn, including health and mana. Useful for quick recovery from a very strong attack, getting rid of status ailments, recovering mana, etc. This move can self-target, but it can't be used twice in a row.

Slow: The target's agility is halved for 3 turns.

Fire Ice: Changes the user's form to either fire or ice. Which one it is is random. This lasts 5 turns.

Fire Shield (Fire Form): The user is protected by a flaming shield for 5 turns. All close-ranged attacks will be countered by the fire shield.

Fire Tornado (Fire Form): Hits all opposing forces, and it's unavoidable. It has a 10% chance of inflicting Burn.

Ice Breaker (Ice Form): Lowers the target's defense to absolute minimum for 2 turns.

Avalanche (Ice Form): 5 large ice boulders roll by and hit random opponents, each one inflicting a lot of damage. Each ice boulder has a 10% chance of inflicting Chill.

RayRay

pfft, I forgot about equipment.

Join soon or 11 will be lonely! :(

[0,0]

Interesting. You see a hill at the Northwest, a desert to the East, a lake at the Southeast, a depression circling a cliff at the Northwest, a forest at the south, an ocean at the West, and a tiny lake at the Southwest. Geography, people!
Clocky - Pending Starting Position

Clocky | 11clock (Lv. 1) --- HP: 188/188 - MP: 125/125 - EP: 500/500 - XP: 0/10 - Str: 8|8 - Agi: 10|10 - Mag: 12|12 - Rst: 10|10
Head: Nothing, Torso: Traveling Shirt, Arms: Nothing, L Hand: Iron Dagger, R Hand: Nothing, Legs: Traveling Pants, Feet: Traveling Shoes, Back: Nothing

tehrozzy

Walter steps out into the sunlight, briefly blinded by its intensity. As his vision clears, he see's a fairly open expanse of land all around him. He hesitates for a second, then begins to take a closer look at his surroundings. A cool breeze flows across the plains, his long black cloak flowing in motion.
"This time.... feels familiar. But, I do not recognize this place. The other me must be elsewhere."

Walter
HP: 100%
MP: 125%
EP: 50%
XP: 100%
Str: 100%
Agi: 125%
Mag: 150%
Rst: 50%

Abilities:

Blood Magic - Allows Walter to use his own life force (HP) as a substitute for Mana. Increases damage/AoE.

Cloak of Shadows - Shrouds the surrounding area in a pitch black darkness, allowing Walter to move silently and unseen. MP usage multiplier 0.75x at night/in dark areas. The effect lasts for 3 turns.

Crimson Dagger - (Shroud 0.5x mana used, only applicable if dagger is equipped) Shrouds/Summons a dagger in a magical aura that increases damage dealt by 1.5x

Mage Bow - Fires a magical arrow at the target. (1.5x Mana usage without a bow)

Enchant - Places magical runes on an equipped item. Lowers Mana usage for spells cast through that item.

Familiar Summon - Shadowfang (wolf)
The spirit of Walter's former companion. The two are linked spiritually, allowing them to communicate silently over distances.
Being a wolf, Shadowfang has keener vision and smell than most people, allowing her to track even faint scents and spot targets in even the darkness of Walter's Cloak of Shadows.
Shadowfangs Abilities;
         Nightmare - Shadowfang seeps into the targets mind and gives them vivid and horrific hallucinations.
         Possess - Shadowfang can possess the body of a wolf, given it's a full body, and use it as a medium. Upon possession, the body will reform it's structure into Shadowfang's, and gains an ethereal blue glow.

Combo Abilities (Requires Shadowfang);
Beastial Rage - Shadowfang's spirit fully merges with Walter, causing his iris's to become thinner and keener, his sense of smell greatly increases and he moves on all fours. Speed and Strength are greatly increased.

Passive; Pack Strength - Fighting together, Walter and Shadowfang work as a unit to take down enemies.

Rare Attack - Eternal Darkness
Similar to Cloak of Shadows, but with a larger radius. Anyone within range is Blinded, Slowed and given a temporary Armour reduction, with the exception of Walter and Shadowfang. The effect lasts 5 turns.

QuoteAlright, there. Am I doin' it right? Haha. The multipliers can be changed if you want RayRay, that's just for examples.

RayRay

Missing your equipment. While I wait for that, I'll review your spells. Guess what? Your character and the forum code was generated in 60 seconds. Love my new engine!

11clock

By the way, this game takes place between the events of the New Fight Game RPG and the events of the New Fight Game (which is coming later). Read my post for more information. This map that we are using is miles and miles away from the area created by the winner of the New Fight Game RPG (which hasn't ended yet), so no paradoxes should occur.

And we're NOT in an alternate dimension. :P

Anyways, I'd like to start at [6,3].

tehrozzy

@11clock:
Walter has a habit of traveling through different dimensions and crossing several time streams in the process. Just because this game isn't happening at the same time as Fight Game RPG, doesn't mean he doesn't exist elsewhere.
Maybe he decided to miss out on this his first time round so he could get some training in, then came back? His skills have varied greatly since I first created him.

@RayRay:
Let's see.
Well, there's my Black Cloak. Nothing that special really, just a black cloak.
Underneath it is a Black Shirt.
Black Pants.
Black Shoes.
Get the trend? haha.

And if I get something else, I'd like a dagger aswell. Like Clocky's.

RayRay

YayForLife, you have a few errors to deal with in the library. It's not necessary to do them now, but upon using it will you need to fix it.

[0,0]

Interesting. You see a hill at the Northwest, a desert to the East, a lake at the Southeast, a depression circling a cliff at the Northwest, a forest at the south, an ocean at the West, and a tiny lake at the Southwest. Geography, people!
Clocky - [6,3]
Walter - Pending Starting Location

Clocky | 11clock (Lv. 1) --- HP: 188/188 - MP: 125/125 - EP: 500/500 - XP: 0/10 - Str: 8|8 - Agi: 10|10 - Mag: 12|12 - Rst: 10|10
Head: Nothing, Torso: Traveling Shirt, Arms: Nothing, L Hand: Iron Dagger, R Hand: Nothing, Legs: Traveling Pants, Feet: Traveling Shoes, Back: Nothing

Walter | YayForLife (Lv. 1) --- HP: 250/250 - MP: 125/125 - EP: 250/250 - XP: 0/10 - Str: 10|10 - Agi: 12|12 - Mag: 15|15 - Rst: 5|5
Head: Nothing, Torso: Black Shirt + Black Coat, Arms: Nothing, L Hand: Nothing, R Hand: Nothing, Legs: Black Pants, Feet: Black Shoes, Back: Nothing

tehrozzy

Frek it I'll do it now.
Will update this post once I sort it all out.

EDIT:
Shadowfang's stats;
Link them to mine.

Nightmare - Decreases Armour temporarily (2, 3 turns?)
Blind - Extreme low accuracy/hit chance. (like, 0.25x?)
Slow - Agility reduction/low dodge chance (Same as above)

Enchant - Hmm. reduces to 0.75x?
Blood Magic - 1.25x damage/AoE?

There. That good?
also, 8,6.

11clock

"Hmm," Clocky thinks to himself. "There could be some valuable loot in there. Might as well check."

Clocky heads into the cave.

RayRay

Some errors were resolved! Hurrah!
Day 1(1/10)

Tip: Allies in your party would make battles x3 easier.

Clocky enters the unknown caves in front of him!
Walter spawns in at the edge of the lake!

[0,0]                                                                            6,3 Cave (unnamed)

Clocky - 6,3 - In Cave (unnamed) at 5,10
Walter - 8,6

Clocky - 5,10

Walter | YayForLife (Lv. 1) --- HP: 250/250 - MP: 125/125 - EP: 250/250 - XP: 0/10 - Str: 10|10 - Agi: 12|12 - Mag: 15|15 - Rst: 5|5
Head: Nothing, Torso: Black Shirt + Black Coat, Arms: Nothing, L Hand: Nothing, R Hand: Nothing, Legs: Black Pants, Feet: Black Shoes, Back: Nothing

[/quote]

11clock

"This cave is pretty dark," Clocky said.

Clocky walks to the east.

tehrozzy

RayRay

Quote from: YayForLife on August 17, 2012, 03:22:09 AM
Walter heads east.
Into the water? Haha, I remember that you did this last game, thinking the Y axis was down to up. (which I agree that it should be, but of course I'm a programmer, too late to fix it) It's up to down. So I assume you want to go Eastward anyway? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Wow, the last post had like 5 errors in the text. [/quote], duplicated stats...
Day 1(2-5/10)

Tip: Allies in your party would make battles x3 easier.

Clocky travels to 8,9!
Walter travels to the East side of the map and beyond!
Required Turns: 11clock, YayForLife

[0,0]                                                                            6,3 Cave (unnamed)

Clocky - 6,3 - In Cave (unnamed) at 8,9
[1,0]

Taking a look around, you see a lake next to you with what appears to be a sinkhole in it. The enclosed ocean is NW. Next to it is a lake, sided by a hill with a small forest to it. A lake at the NE, an arctic peak southward, and a depression SW.
Walter - 1,5

11clock

"Ooh, a chest!" Clocky exclaims. He starts heading to it.

Clocky walks to the chest.