News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

How is everyone doing?

Started by Freeforall, January 07, 2013, 10:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeforall

Been a while since I have seen such a general discussion.
In general, how are things going for you guys?

Things have been going fairly well for me. I am getting a truck soon, along with a permit. (I'm a little late on the permit, I will need my license soon.) My dad and I recently took the motherboard out of my gaming computer and installed it into a new case. We had fun doing it, and it worked out very well. I went to South Padre island over Christmas break, which was pretty fun. My cousin showed me a new cartoon on Youtube called 'HellBenders'. (Check it out if you haven't, it's disturbingly hilarious.) Grades in school are good; not failing any classes. I completely forgot to mention, I am a sophomore now. It seems so long ago that I started playing around on here. I believe it was 4th grade when I found out about this game, 5th when I got addicted to it, haha.

TL;DR - Things are going well, tried some new things, doing good in school, happy memories.

What about you guys? Anything new or exciting in your lives?

DarkTrinity

Wellp, I recently got hired from a temp to a full time employee working at Fantasy Flight Games(means I also got a raise), racking up that dough! Also celebrated 6 years with my boyfriend in October. Currently not in school, still not sure what to go for :/ Also started playing WoW, yup... I'm a Warcrack addict.. :>
And don't feel too bad, I'm 23 and still have my permit. lol.

Nothing too exciting beyond that, but I'm doing good.

Freeforall

Quote from: DarkTrinity on January 07, 2013, 11:14:03 PM
Wellp, I recently got hired from a temp to a full time employee working at Fantasy Flight Games(means I also got a raise), racking up that dough! Also celebrated 6 years with my boyfriend in October. Currently not in school, still not sure what to go for :/ Also started playing WoW, yup... I'm a Warcrack addict.. :>

Well that's awesome :D I'm not even sure where I want to work or what I want to do. Something with computers, that is for sure. I built the lab computer at our school, so I guess that's a head start. (Very small school, not hard to get permission for stuff like this. And I mean VERY small. 180 kids PK-12)

God-I-Suck

I miss all my Stick Online friends..  :(

Well today I celebrated my 10 month anniversary with my girlfriend and going on strong.  ;) I'm a junior in high school and I am doing wrestling right now. It's my first year experiencing it, and I suck lol. On the other hand it's fun and I'm enjoying wrestling with my friends. My grades are good and school is as average as can be. I turn 18 in September so I have been trying to look for a car with my dad.. That is going bad but eh, hopefully it gets better. Hopefully Stick Online v3 comes out soon because I miss playing with everyone and having fun times leveling up and discovering new things! Seems to be happening in real life now though! Thinking of taking accounting in college, not sure which one I am going to go to though..

EpicPhailure

It's been a while.

I've gotten involved with my church far more than I had been previously. I've been playing the drums for 3 years now, and organize the band as a whole with song selections and dynamics and such. I've also started guitar 2 weeks ago, we'll see where that goes. It seems way easier than piano or violin with drum experience under my belt.

Academically, wise, I've challenged myself this junior year in high school and I've started off strong...Trying to keep that up for the rest of the year, haha. I still have yet to organize my educational future though. I had strongly considered the Art Institute for a degree in graphic design, but I've heard that the actual education is in bad proportion to the costs of the school...

The past winter break was filled with such wonderful experiences that by the end of it all, I've reassessed who my true friends were and have come to know who I want to be as a person.

Lucifer

Life is going pretty swell right now. I graduated from Highschool a year or so back after screwing up and having to return for a semester, and I've been taking classes at my community college ever since then. I started out slow, worried I'd crash like I did during Highschool, and I've slowly but surely built up a built up enough confidence to attend full-time. I still haven't decided what I'm doing, I've been taking mostly Math, History, & Computer Science, however I've failed more than half of my CS Classes so I think I've come to the conclusion that it's probably not my thing... I'm not sure yet.

I've had to move around a bit. I was living in an apartment with my sister for a couple years, but the rent went up another $200 on us and we had to find somewhere else, alas the rent here is so damn high here we couldn't find anything suitable for two people under 1300/mo. My Mom agreed to let us live with her for a while until we figure out what we're doing, and I'm actually spending a month up in the mountains with my Grandparents at the moment.

I got my first official job, rather than random work for neighbor's, I'm working part time for my dad. He runs a Hydroseeding & Erosion Control company, and I've worked in the field with him sporadically in the past, but now I'm working on a regular schedule in his office. It feels nice to have a stable job and a bank account.

My hobby is still gaming, mostly League of Legends these days. I'm always making an effort to better myself, both in skill as well as personality. It's been interesting to witness the personality traits that can make or break teams in League, and to try and better myself and work towards being an enjoyable person to play with. There's an unofficial tournament for low-elo teams coming up, I've been gathering some SO peeps together to see how we do. Should be fun!

TheZro

I'm alive, and well! :D

Missed everybody here, and I wish I could like be more active like the old days, but, enter personal problems and work related issues, nightmare, nightmare I tell you! Can't wait for Stick Online 3 though, I'm still as excited as ever!

Scotty

Quote from: TheZro on January 09, 2013, 02:35:53 PM

Missed everybody here, and I wish I could like be more active like the old days, but, enter personal problems and work related issues, nightmare, nightmare I tell you! Can't wait for Stick Online 3 though, I'm still as excited as ever!
!!! 

HE LIVES!!

Freeforall

Everyone sounds like they are doing pretty well =)

And @Luci, I have done work for neighbors before, but I haven't got an 'official' job yet. I really don't know what to look for. I'll probably be living with my parents for a while, or atleast until I find a place to stay and work. (There isn't any work around here, believe me.) When you go through elementary and middle school, you kinda blow off the whole, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" thinking that you have a LONG time until the day that decision comes, but it's approaching very quickly for me. Time really does fly by fast.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Scotty on January 09, 2013, 05:00:17 PM
Quote from: TheZro on January 09, 2013, 02:35:53 PM

!!! 

HE LIVES!!

Omfg.... He does exist. ._.

BlackDemonX

Been a very very very long time, but i'm always coming back just to keep an eye on any progress. Can't believe how much time has passed since SO2 i'm 19 now, bartender full time, cutting back to part time, starting community college. Miss the old days when i would game. Met many different kinds of people, Doors have opened and closed. Brushed by a couple relationships, currently in a very serious one. Waiting for SO3, patiently. idc if im 90 years old, ill wait until that day! Much love to you guys.

~ Axel

T-Rok

BDX!! YOU ARE ALIVE!

I'm doing fine I suppose, 21 now as my birthday a few days ago told you all. I got a decent job working as an over glorified babysitter for the government of Canada. I take care of what Americans would call "children of the state". Highly confidential stuff I tell you, it's ridiculous. I stopped going to university after one semester, I just can't stand it. All the learning and the work and the learning. T_T Recently built my own gaming computer, cost a pretty penny at around 3000+ in total for everything. Uhh, I also bought a 2012 Camaro a month or so ago. Image here. The female population of society is still tough as ever. Instantaneous friendzone for nice guys, *fistpump*. I'll crack it one day, prove you all wrong! I spend a lot of my spare time playing League of Legends, my names St Arkyn, feel free to add me. Recently got into MtG, holy crap does that game make money disappear fast, but at least you generally make it all back in card value.

I do wish that we could all have a day to meet up and hang out. Go skiing or something. Nothing involving water though, I'm kinda aquaphobic.

Titan

Quote from: T-Rok on January 14, 2013, 11:52:26 AM

I got a decent job working as an over glorified babysitter for the government of Canada. I take care of what Americans would call "children of the state". Highly confidential stuff I tell you, it's ridiculous. I stopped going to university after one semester, I just can't stand it. All the learning and the work and the learning.
I do wish that we could all have a day to meet up and hang out. Go skiing or something. Nothing involving water though, I'm kinda aquaphobic.

I'm with you on all these. I had a job that sounds very similar until I started college, and yeah ridiculous describes it well. I'm thinking about being done with college after this year, just doesn't feel like what I really want to do. Really considering doing four years in the army, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Currently going to a local college for Criminal Justice, was really the only program that sounded interesting. Hating it as much as I hated highschool, which is quite a bit. Spending most of my time these days doing school work, looking for a job, playing video games, and learning how to ski again. Sadly despite living in Vermont, the snow seems like its going to be gone fairly soon.

Good to see everyone else is doing well though.
Livin' in a lonely world.

DarkTrinity

Oh, I should probably add that I *was* in community college and got my AA degree/Liberal arts(Aka generals). And then stopped going because I still didn't figure out a major I'm interested in.

Nice to see you're still alive Axel :P

Yankyal

Quote from: DarkTrinity on January 15, 2013, 12:01:12 AM

Oh, I should probably add that I *was* in community college and got my AA degree/Liberal arts(Aka generals). And then stopped going because I still didn't figure out a major I'm interested in.

Nice to see you're still alive Axel :P
how about graphics arts?
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10