News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

How is everyone doing?

Started by Freeforall, January 07, 2013, 10:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackabomb

Quote from: Loganvz123 on September 19, 2013, 01:16:22 AM
Quote from: Titan on September 18, 2013, 11:56:21 PM
Well the main issue is I dislike school with a passion that most people don't understand. I feel like another 6ish years of school is way more than I can handle.  I'm also poor, and don't want to get out of school 200k in debt. However even paramedic is like another 2-3 years.(Need my AEMT before I can do para)
In the medical field though, I know that I'd make a shit ton more money.( Like seriously 3-6 times as much starting depending on where I ended up) But I feel like I have plenty of time to figure it out.
200k? Gosh, university is $4,000 USD a year here.
Well, mine is about half that for HACC. And most public universities in the States that I know of run about that much. But those are undergraduate prices (first four years). It'll get you a Bachelor's Degree when you finish.  But he's talking about medical school, which is Graduate-level work. What's more he's talking about the total cost for all 4 years. When he gets through with it, he'd have a Medical Doctorate and (I think) license to practice medicine. I think it's a little more complex than that, though. From what I've heard, 200k debt for the whole 4 years is not unusual for doctors.

Lucifer

Quote from: Ludacris on December 14, 2013, 03:39:10 PM
luci :D
luda :D

update on me!

I've been working full time for my Dad's construction company for roughly a year and a half now. I started off entering invoices & helping our accountant, and I've slowly been acquiring more and more responsibilities. It's like Pokemon! ... with a lot more stress involved! I currently answer the phones & assist with estimating projects - requesting prices, calling general contractors & preparing the spreadsheets. In reality what my job comes down to is my Dad calling me from various parts of California with thousand-dollar problems every few hours & I google the answers!

In my off time I'm still an avid PC gamer. I'm very much into competitive gaming - probably stemming from my enjoyment of Stick Online's tournaments - and I'm currently traveling up the ladder in League of Legends. I've been stuck at Platinum 2 for a while now, and with my computer breaking down for a bit I've become a bit rusty... but I'm hoping to hit Diamond before the season ends! When I'm not playing League, I'm generally playing Hearthstone, DayZ, or various Steam games.

A day in the life as me - I wake up at 6:45, scavenge breakfast or grab a bagle or smoothie or something nearby. I get to work by 8:00 & develop major back pain (apparently I've developed minor scoliosis over time, shit sucks!) until roughly 12-ish... and eat lunch nearby. I'm back in the office an hour later, then I get off at 5:00. I'm usually home by 6:00 after running some kind of errand, and then I'm playing various games until my brain quits working.

hope you guys are doing alright! I haven't really talked to ya'll SO peeps in quite some time.

Freeforall

I haven't really been online in a few months. Holy crap, looking back on this post, it's just mindboggling how fast time flies by. I posted this thread when I was a sophomore in highschool... now I'm already halfway through my senior year, and by the time I graduate I should already have, or be close to, an associates degree. I actually have my permit now, I didn't apparently when I posted this.