News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Kickstarter for SOv3

Started by Matty_Richo, September 01, 2013, 08:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty_Richo

Whilst browsing Kickstarter the other day I began to wonder if it would be worth Meuin using kickstarter as a way to fund SOv3.

Some of the benefits from doing this would, I believe, include:

• Free Advertising.
  • Get some funding (I don't know if funding would in anyway allow Meiun to spend more time working on the game).
  • Build up the community by offering access to V2 as a reward for donating a certain amount.

I'm not really sure how Meiun works so I don't know if this would be a viable option, but I thought that doing this could help out in a few ways.

Mr Pwnage

We can't do this because then TRok would go bankrupt.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

T-Rok

Thank you Pwnage, that was a good laugh.

I always wondered this myself actually.

Zario777

Some of the other sticks and I were talking about this yesterday; I'd support it. But I think he needs more developers and development time instead of money =P
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

T-Rok

Quote from: Zario777 on September 01, 2013, 05:28:01 PM
Some of the other sticks and I were talking about this yesterday; I'd support it. But I think he needs more developers and development time instead of money =P

More developers would never happen. This is his baby alone.

I think money theoretically could honestly help. Think about it. He has no time because he works/has a real life. Give him lots of money and oh look now he can take time off work. :P

I actually have a separate bank account where I throw funds in every month to save up for whatever sort of fundraiser he throws when SO3 is released. It's nearing the 3k mark.

Matty_Richo

Quote from: T-Rok on September 01, 2013, 08:55:33 PM
I actually have a separate bank account where I throw funds in every month to save up for whatever sort of fundraiser he throws when SO3 is released. It's nearing the 3k mark.

Pledge $3,000 or more
0 backers Limited (5 left of 5)

When SOv3 is released you will be invited to walk the red carpet with the team and dinner afterwards. You will also be given the real life Stick Online experience, the team will hit you with hammers until you reach Jesusland.
Estimated delivery: Nov 2035

Titan

Quote from: Zario777 on September 01, 2013, 05:28:01 PM

More developers would never happen. This is his baby alone.

I think money theoretically could honestly help. Think about it. He has no time because he works/has a real life. Give him lots of money and oh look now he can take time off work. :P

I'm hoping its gonna be the give Titan money fundraiser, but I won't hold my breath.  :P

But in all seriousness like everyone else has said, I would totally be down to support a kickstarter for SO3.

Livin' in a lonely world.

darkflash

RayRay

I would donate as well, probably around $50. That's how much I would be willing to spend if this game was commercial. All $50 is because of the great community. Heck, I could probably add another $50 if the fundraiser hangs.

T-Rok

Quote from: Matty_Richo on September 01, 2013, 10:04:35 PM

Pledge $3,000 or more
0 backers Limited (5 left of 5)

When SOv3 is released you will be invited to walk the red carpet with the team and dinner afterwards. You will also be given the real life Stick Online experience, the team will hit you with hammers until you reach Jesusland.
Estimated delivery: Nov 2035
2035? Well at least I'm still a live and not part robot yet.

Meiun

An interesting idea. In theory it is something that I could be interested in, but for it to really be effective in helping to develop the game faster, it would mean that I would probably need to make enough to be able to work at least 1 or 2 days less a week at my regular job (for the period of time necessary to get the game going). This would also require that my job actually let me do such a thing. Not totally unrealistic, but I wouldn't count on it for the time being.

Loganvz123

I would totally put in a couple of tenners if this happened. You could also try greenlighting it on Steam if you were confident enough.

NotoriousM4^

Meiun stop trolling these innocent people and taking their money, it just isn't right. SOv3 and its alleged development is a complete and total sham. I'm sickened by the blind loyalty of the members of this forum; definitely good people, but naive nonetheless. Think about the time, energy, and money wasted anticipating this dud and all you could have done with it. Has it really been worth it ?

T-Rok

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on September 09, 2013, 10:58:22 PM
Meiun stop trolling these innocent people and taking their money, it just isn't right. SOv3 and its alleged development is a complete and total sham. I'm sickened by the blind loyalty of the members of this forum; definitely good people, but naive nonetheless. Think about the time, energy, and money wasted anticipating this dud and all you could have done with it. Has it really been worth it ?
Not sure if trolling.

Loganvz123

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on September 09, 2013, 10:58:22 PM
stop taking their money, it just isn't right.
You know, because that 10-30 USD a month from donations is totally going to be such a profit on a 24/7 multiplayer server.
I can just imagine Meiun right now.