News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Failed to Connect to SO server

Started by KrazyMotha, October 19, 2015, 08:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrazyMotha

Hey guys!
Since like August whenever I tried to log into Stick-Online I get the "failed to connect to the server" line. I assumed that the server was just down or something, do to the lack of people in the game. Out of curiosity and boredom I logged into SO on a different computer and it worked. So I am pretty sure it is just my computer failing to connect and I have no idea how to fix that. A few months ago I got a nasty virus and did some resets and ran a few anti-malware virus removers. If anyone has any ideas how to fix this or knows whats happening I would appreciate the help. I would love to hop on SO and grind/chat with you guys.

Jmac

Did you ever do that DNS workaround where you had to add a line to the hosts file? If so, just navigate back to it and remove the line you added. I know that prevented Beastmode from logging in for a while as well.

KrazyMotha

I am pretty sure I never had to do that. I can't remember having to do it or not when that issue came up. If i did do the DNS workaround I can not remember how to fix it (get to the host, which line to delete, etc.)

Jmac

The hosts file is generally in the "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" directory. Open this and see if you added this:
24.128.6.51   stickonline.redirectme.net

If you did, just remove it and you should be good.

KrazyMotha

Awesome! That fixed it! Thanks for taking the time! I really appreciate it, Jmac.
Thanks again :D