News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Why I will play Stick Online 3! It aint over till it's over....

Started by Tekken 5 Master, May 13, 2016, 11:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tekken 5 Master

So it's probably been around 10 years since I first played Stick Online, good times... good times. But we all know, as is evident by the lack of forum activity - that nothing stays the same forever; kids grow up, get careers, find jobs, shit like that, eventually moving on in life.

Sure people may have moved on, but have they completely forgotten about Stick Online and all of the great memories associated with it? I doubt it. Stick Online was, in my opinion, the greatest Game Maker creation of all time. I first started using Game Maker in 2002 and eventually discovered SO around 2006 and I was hooked instantly. For the time, it was a very impressive game; great gameplay, a large variety of weapons and items, unique and interesting enemies, constant updates and expansions to the game and a large and active community.

A lot has changed over the years with the explosion of social media, the rise of crowd-funded startups, the advancement of microprocessors and mobile technology, the storm of indie video game developers, wacky and borderline-retarded pop culture trends and many more great things. However, Stick Online has had a lasting impression on me and I do occasionally reminisce of the way things were, the way things used to be - and not just of the game but also of the community. I still feel like as if I have an itch to scratch, as if something is missing, unfinished business - I don't know. I believe that longing for Stick Online 3 still remains, and I still have not given up waiting for it.

The fact that Meiun has kept the game server and these forums running all these years is a testament of his will and dedication to Stick Online. I remain positive and have a firm belief that when Stick Online 3 finally does get released, it will breath new life into the Stick Online community, and it will thrive once again, bigger and better than ever. So to cut things short and despite this place reminding me of the Overlook Hotel from The Shining, I have decided to come back to Stick Online v2.0 and become a regular user of these forums once again. You'll see me wondering around in-game, posting in topics, mostly talking to myself and perhaps wielding an axe - who knows.

So if you do read this Meiun - you still have 1 loyal fan left here. That's better than nothing right?

Th3_Natural
Th3_Natural's Stick Online Walkthrough