News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Kickstarter Question (V3 Development)

Started by Meiun, October 30, 2014, 04:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisuman

I like the start with Noobland idea, it's hard to complete everything in one go, so just focus on "Noobland" and basic features of the little stickman :D

Meiun

Quote from: ARTgames on July 13, 2015, 11:02:07 AM
Is it possible to get a less grand Stick Online 3 and maybe just a smaller nicely upgraded game. Something possible to finish in a much smaller scale and time.
That has sort of been the general plan for quite some time. Adding in all the content like levels, new monsters, etc is usually the easier part from my end though (at least once everything else is out of the way). I don't think this approach changes much as far as a kickstarter goes, as I feel lowering the promised result would lower the likelihood of success. I also wouldn't want to take money from a kickstarter that was only able to fund/guarantee a half-baked end result.

T-Rok

Take one from the modern developers books. Offer up pre-alpha access for a one time purchase of $200 and then release a subpar game. Always works. People fall for it every time.

KeithElam

as much as i love stick online i don't think anybody will be paying 200$ to play a 2d game -_-