News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Pirate Arr

Started by Ceroblitz, December 29, 2009, 04:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceroblitz

Arr.
Yes, the walking animation is copied from bandit. Obviously tried to mimic Stick Online Style again :P

EpicPhailure

The foil needs to be jiggling up and down when it's sheathed while the pirate is walking. Also, may I suggest an eyepatch?

Aqua

I think you should have a blur on the attack part, and the sword move a bit with his legs, as well as a black line for a strap. But I also think you should make your own walking animation.
~Aqua

Mystery

I like it, but I'd like to see the actual sheath that the sword would be in, considering it's very awkward for a stick figure with no clothes to hold anything, and without a sheath, it looks even more awkward. The sword looks a bit too static not moving when he's walking. Like Epic said, an eyepatch would be cool. Other than those, nice work.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Pat

The attack animation looks very unsmooth, but I like the idea. The only other problem I can pick with it is that he is wearing a captain hat.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Ceroblitz

Quote from: Pat on December 29, 2009, 05:27:14 PM
The attack animation looks very unsmooth, but I like the idea. The only other problem I can pick with it is that he is wearing a captain hat.
The unsmooth part is on purpose. And captain hat, ehh... we'll just see what happens ;)

Demeni

Actually, I like it. The fact that his sword isn't sheathed actually fits. Also, he could use a different hat than the pirate hat.

foG

Quote from: Demeni on December 29, 2009, 06:34:25 PM
Actually, I like it. The fact that his sword isn't sheathed actually fits. Also, he could use a different hat than the pirate hat.

Why? Bandits also wear bandit masks. I like them pirates, only thing you could add is an eyepatch :P

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Ceroblitz

Looperpuck

Damn, nice sprites Cero. I really hope they make it in game ;). I wish I could at least play.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

11clock

Nice. What could it drop other than pirate hats?

EpicPhailure

I would like to propose something.

What if, instead of a universal pirate sprite, you could make several and have each pirate randomly use one when they spawn? That would show some diversity and would be like how the pirates were in real life; they didn't have a uniform when they were a pirate, they couldn't afford one. They just picked up what they found or had and wore it. Each of the pirates would be the same though.

Demeni

I like the red hats. You called them "Recruit hats" And that fits. It's not re-used so If he is going to use anything it will probably be that.

Lingus

Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 29, 2009, 07:38:46 PM
I would like to propose something.

What if, instead of a universal pirate sprite, you could make several and have each pirate randomly use one when they spawn? That would show some diversity and would be like how the pirates were in real life; they didn't have a uniform when they were a pirate, they couldn't afford one. They just picked up what they found or had and wore it. Each of the pirates would be the same though.
I actually really like that idea.

Now, make a ship's captain. Either use the pirate hat you have there, but then you'd have to not use that hat for the regular pirates, or you could make up a snazzy captain hat. He should have some additional things going on. A parrot, eye patch, peg leg, hook hand... some combination of those, maybe not all.

krele

Hey I really like those pirates with red hat on their head. How about making them normal mobs, and make a pirate with a pirate hat we have now a boss?

They would drop their hats, and weapons like rapiers etc... But the snag is we already have the pirate hat, so, why not replacing the pirate hat we have now with something else? Why don't we bring a hat that was in SO1 back in it's place? Duck hat would be awesome, and players really wouldn't care they don't have a pirate hat anymore.

Also, power up the pirate hat, so people would actually have a use from the ship area. How about +6 STR +2 VIT +2 DEF? Why not having a new, powerful hat in this new area?