News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Reconnecting to the game

Started by Pirate92, July 19, 2010, 05:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate92

I don't know who all remembers me, I played way back when there were only like 15 other people, anyway. When SO becomes free again, if that is still the plan, will our old accounts be reactivated? Or will EVERYONE get a new account when that version is released?

PS. Any estimate free again date?

EpicPhailure

No ETA for v3 yet :P

But I think everyone will restart with a new account. There was some dicussion about the possibility of some sort of bonus for donators, like a fun item or status that signifies you donated money to Meiun.

Pirate92

Awesome. Now that I have a job I've been considering donating to play.

Forum

The game will never be released because 2011 is when the world ends, unless meiun decides to release it this year all of sudden.
Officially quitted

Pirate92

You mean in 2012 all electronic devices die? I actually doubt it...

Torch

"The current version of the game was open to the public for free for well over a year. However, as our focus has primarily shifted onto the development of an entirely new vastly improved remake of the game (built from the ground up), the server for the current version is now running primarily as a thank you to our donors (we do still do some occasional updates to it though!). For information on how to obtain access to the current version of the game, please see the following forum topic: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0"

Pirate92

Yeah, I know..... I still don't believe it being a free game, not until there is a download button where I click it, download, and play. Right now you have to donate in order to play which means for now it is not free... I remember that quote from a topic which I started a while back.

Meiun

The new version will be an entirely new game built from the ground up. Because of that, you will obviously all need to create new accounts for it. I do not feel comfortable giving any ETA at this point, but I can assure you that the new version will come. When it does come, I have every intention of making it free. Just be patient!

Pirate92

Sounds cool! So will it have the same sprites or will that all be new too?

Meiun

Quote from: Pirate92 on July 21, 2010, 10:09:21 AM
Sounds cool! So will it have the same sprites or will that all be new too?
It will all be new.

Pirate92

Whatare you using to animate figures anyway?

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Pirate92 on July 22, 2010, 02:37:46 AM
Whatare you using to animate figures anyway?

...you realize that all animation is just a bunch of individual frames combined to play together. Basically he would just import all of the frames made by one of is sprites into a compiling program (such as Game Maker). And as far as programs spriters use, I know venuse loves Graphics Gale, and many others use photoshop and corel painter...most likely not corel for this type of endeavor though.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Pirate92

Yeah I know, I did lots of game design stuff a while back too.