News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Idea suggestion -> animation now :D

Started by Ceroblitz, July 28, 2010, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceroblitz

Well, since theres not much else to do during the summer, here is this topic.
I'll make current ideas into whatever and probably do good suggestions ( yes, good ones not something thought up in half a second)
-Implemented stuff- ( Selection added, Use numbers indicated below for selection )
2-Charge attack
3-Aerial Attack
4-Combo
5-Walk Attack
6-Parry
7-Spin-Sweep attack
8-Throw Attack
9-Fake-Out
10-Jump Attack
Stick Online Attack stuff ver 0.04

Starting with the charge attack, I'll probably put up more stuff.

I'm not using the stick online base sprite because, why should I? If I used flash flat on, making this is much easier and less tedious, not like anything will be added as sprite to sprite format unless it is absolutely perfect.

ARTgames

Hey i rmb you! Good work! I cant w8 to see the stuff made here.

EpicPhailure

I think the Flash BBcode is disabled. If not, I don't know.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 28, 2010, 04:00:34 PM
I think the Flash BBcode is disabled. If not, I don't know.

I just tested the flash bbcode...it is indeed disabled. The method you are using now by posting a link is how your going to have to do so.

I would be all for charge attacks in v3...a simple concept with a large positive and intuitive impact. I'm sure it would be largely admired.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Ceroblitz

Aerial Attack + combo added
My thoughts on combo:
combo would probably be powerful so each new swing would take more stamina than the last, until it caps out at like 2x stamina of original usage.
(reason why theres the stamina bar on the corner)
Aerial Attack + combo

11clock

Mystery

Glad to see you back, Ceroblitz. Can't wait to see the rest of the suggestions.

For my suggestions, I'll stick with the GS because that's what you started out with.

-Secondary Weapon Attack- D key, like the kick without a weapon. With the GS, it could be a thrust that has considerably longer range than a normal swing, but does less damage and only uses half the stamina of a normal swing.

-Parry- W key. This could act as a weaker form of countering with a weapon. With the GS, you would deflect an attack with a circular motion of your sword, while taking a step back. This means that within the range of your parrying(to your front), you would take no damage from an attack, as well as dealing a small amount of damage to your opponent if the parrying hits him. But the cooldown for parrying is considerably long(30-45 seconds), the range of the parry is small, the animation is quick, and it requires slightly more stamina than a normal attack.

-Dash Attack- D key while walking. This attack would make you dash at about 2.4 times your current walking speed, while you can slightly adjust the distance dashed with the arrow keys. At the end of the dash, you would swing your sword outwards in an arc towards your side, and the damage would only be dealt during that part of the animation. It would use about twice the stamina of a normal attack, and would deal more or less the same amount of damage, maybe slightly less.

You never said we couldn't have more than one suggestion, so keep that in mind.  :P

Quote from: 11clock on July 28, 2010, 07:15:04 PM
Hmm link doesn't work for me now.
Works fine for me.

EDIT: Now it doesn't.  :(
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Ceroblitz

More updates sooooooooooon please post more stuff kthanks
I'll work on the parry later, take the 2nd weapon attack as the end of the combo :D
Update 0.01

Torch

Those animations are straight-up perfect. I commend you, sir.

Forum

Officially quitted

Mystery

That is one awesome compilation, and thanks for the addition of my suggestion. You deserve a +rep.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Ceroblitz

Infection

Awesome. It was a bit quick though, I had to play it like 4 times :X

(See EP's Post below)
Yeah, make like a menu, or if that's too hard or time consuming just put separate links. :X
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

EpicPhailure

Make it so that we can choose what move we want to see.

Ceroblitz